Jessica Lynch Forums: Presentation To Iraq Prisoner Of War Jessicalynch - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Presentation To Iraq Prisoner Of War Jessicalynch Mrs. America pageant? In Waikiki?

#1 User is offline   jessefan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 19 September 2003 - 01:45 PM

http://starbulletin.com/2003/09/19/feature...res/story7.html

This sounds like she is already on that Hawaiian vacation.

Mrs. America pageant
gets underway today
in Waikiki

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star-Bulletin Staff
Fifty-one of America's accomplished women will be competing to be "Mrs. America" 2003-'04 beginning 6 p.m. today at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

STAR-BULLETIN
Mrs. Hawaii Cheryl Morales

The competition at the Lagoon Lawn is open to the public for an admission fee of $65 for adults and $55 for children ages 6 to 12. Seating for the black-tie TV event will be set up in theater style.

Contestants range in age from 22 to 50, and the lineup includes two dentists, a classical pianist, three nurses, the coach of the Minnesota Vikings cheerleaders, a dancer for the Philadelphia 76ers, several pharmaceutical sales executives, motivational speakers, educators, writers, a Disney World performer, a physical therapist, business executives, accountants, and more.

The 27th annual event will be taped for broadcast nationally in prime time on the PAX TV Network on Oct. 11, with a repeat showing on Oct. 18.

The contest started as a way of focusing attention on America's 60 million married women, symbolizing the importance of family.

Hosts for the TV special will be Florence Henderson and Hal Linden. The program will also air with a presentation to Iraq prisoner of war Jessica Lynch.

Tickets are available by calling the hotel at 949-4321 and asking for the Mrs. America office in the Rainbow Tower, suite 412.

#2 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2003 - 02:06 PM

I kinda doubt she's there...she has the book interviews with Bragg, plus if she's worried about being healthy enough to go to Colorado for Thanksgiving with Ruben's family, she's not going to hack a flight to Hawaii.

More likely it'll be a public presentation that mentions her...you need not be present to win, you know!

#3 User is offline   jessefan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:47 PM

I kinda thought that but I wasn't sure with the way it was worded and I couldn't figure out why Mrs.America would single her out unless she actually happened to be there.

#4 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:56 PM

She'll get there soon enough....honeymoon is MY thinking!

#5 User is offline   ticker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2003 - 02:43 AM

Maybe they made this presentation to Miss Lynch in West Virginia, taped it and will show the tape on the broadcast.

#6 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2003 - 12:14 AM

So did anyone see this presentation? I was driving back from a sales date in Palm Springs and was unable to see anything.

I found a picture of Miss New York...the OTHER Jessica Lynch...on the contest website. Pretty lady (duh!), but no match for OUR Jessi!

#7 User is offline   ticker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:19 AM

So did anyone see this presentation? I was driving back from a sales date in Palm Springs and was unable to see anything.

I found a picture of Miss New York...the OTHER Jessica Lynch...on the contest website. Pretty lady (duh!), but no match for OUR Jessi!

Wait a second. The Mrs. America pageant from Hawaii is scheduled to air on OCT. 11 on PAX. The Ms. America pageant from Atlantic City, which featured the other Jessica Lynch was on ABC on Sat. eve. I was confused about this too until I noticed the 'r' in 'Mrs.' America and realized it was a completely different event.

#8 User is offline   Kicks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:17 AM

The program will also air with a presentation to Iraq prisoner of war Jessica Lynch.

Does anyone know what is going to presented to Jessi?

#9 User is offline   bill 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:03 AM

Kicks, The presentation is of a specially designed quilt.

http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker/archives/015330.html

September 24, 2003
Pax PR: "Mrs. America Pageant"
‘MRS. AMERICA’ TO BE CROWNED ON PAX TV
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11, 9-11 PM ET/PT

-- Florence Henderson and Hal Linden Host
The 27th Annual Contest From Honolulu --

(West Palm Beach, FL)—PAX TV will air the 27th annual “Mrs. America” competition from Honolulu, Hawaii on Saturday, October 11, 2003 9-11 p.m. ET/PT. America’s favorite TV mom, Florence Henderson hosts the contest in which 51 married women, ranging in age from 23-45, compete for the coveted title of “Mrs. America.” Joining Henderson for co-hosting duties is Emmy nominated TV personality and Tony award-winner, Hal Linden. This renowned national competition is devoted to emphasizing that America’s 60 million married women are extraordinarily beautiful, poised, articulate and versatile.

Emmy Award winning producer/director Gary Smith is among the celebrity judges, along with “Hawaiian Eye” star Connie Stevens, Don Crichton of “The Carol Burnett Show,” “Mrs. America 2000” Leslie Lam and president of the Hawaii Visitors and Conventions Bureau, Les Enderton. The women will pay homage to the highly recognized former P.O.W., Jessica Lynch, this year with the presentation of a specially designed quilt from the Mrs. America Organization.

As the first and foremost competition for married women, “Mrs. America” was created in 1977 as a tribute to married women in America and is the only nationally televised pageant. “Mrs. America” is a production of Marmel Entertainment. For more information on “Mrs. America,” please visit www.mrsamerica.com

#10 User is offline   Kicks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2003 - 07:56 AM

Hey, thanks Bill. Good job finding that for me. biggrin.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users