Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why The Hate?????

#1 User is offline   Jonah 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:52 PM

i was surfin the net looking for some interesting jessica stories and came across another forum. it was the worst site i have ever visited!! there must have been hundreds of notes posted about jessica, some which are unrepeatable, and full of hate. there were a few posts that stuck up for her, including my own, but it baffles me why some people would wanna say such things about someone who has already had so much greif this year. i can only put it down to jealousy, that jess is a down to earth heroic young lass who's now famous for her exploits in Iraq, and they are just sad pathetic layabouts who have nothing else better to do but diss people who actually do something with their lives.

anyone else agree???

#2 User is offline   jessefan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 08:18 PM

it baffles me why some people would wanna say such things about someone who has already had so much greif this year. i can only put it down to jealousy

Yes Jonah, I too have surfed the net. A lot. And I will tell you that most of the websites that allow the public to make un-moderated comments have been turned to anti-Jessi sites of such obscenity and violence as to make Larry Flint flinch ( a little anyway.)

I've posted my theory on this elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here. You are essentially correct. When you meet someone for the first time who turns out to be a surpassingly better person than you can ever hope to be, you are left with two responses you can make:
1.) set yourself to the task of becoming like that person in some way.
2.) Kill 'em.
The second choice is usually the easier of the two, and cowards will resort to a metaphorical form of it. Its why Cain killed Able.

This board is one of the few postable boards where Miss Lynch is NOT being defamed. And we aim to keep it that way.

#3 User is offline   Fluffv 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (jessefan @ Nov 25 2003, 08:18 PM)
it baffles me why some people would wanna say such things about someone who has already had so much greif this year. i can only put it down to jealousy

Yes Jonah, I too have surfed the net. A lot. And I will tell you that most of the websites that allow the public to make un-moderated comments have been turned to anti-Jessi sites of such obscenity and violence as to make Larry Flint flinch ( a little anyway.)

I've posted my theory on this elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here. You are essentially correct. When you meet someone for the first time who turns out to be a surpassingly better person than you can ever hope to be, you are left with two responses you can make:
1.) set yourself to the task of becoming like that person in some way.
2.) Kill 'em.
The second choice is usually the easier of the two, and cowards will resort to a metaphorical form of it. Its why Cain killed Able.

Very true. It might be related to fight or flight... or equated to a stage theory as to why people are that way. It's also a coping mechanism. I just think generally... most people are willing to fight to the death for the stupid comments they make. They lack the value of seeing both sides of the situation at once, and they lack the ability to be critical of themselves. Why, most of these people won't even acknowledge that Jessi being saved is a work of God. And if they won't recognize God... then nobody has a chance.

#4 User is offline   kamms 

• Pip

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:40 PM

[FONT=Optima][COLOR=purple]I don't know what all the hate is either. My son is in Iraq and we always update him about Jessica Lynch when we get to talk to him. (A couple of her cousins are in his unit.) He said some things that really urked me last time I talked to him. He said she isn't what people think she is; that he is with some of the guys who rescued her and I don't know what stories are going around, but he said there's a lot of info the public doesn't have. He is suppose to write me and let me know. But I told him that if he thinks she is portraying herself a hero, he has the wrong message because she has said many times over that she is not a hero, she's a survivor. If I ever get the information out of my son, I'll let you know what he says..so far he hasn't wrote (written); I don't know what the problem is because he usually writes more than he has been. Well, I'll keep you posted if I find out anything.

#5 User is offline   ticker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2003 - 03:30 AM

Some people are just not happy unless they are tearing someone else down. Their target of choice right now is Miss Lynch. If you look at their comments, you see that they are saying nothing about Miss Lynch really, but everything about themselves. Also, keep in mind that they are in the minority. You notice them only because they are loud and ugly. The majority of people who keep their comments polite or simply make no comments at all are not as noticeable as the hecklers. Who do you notice walking down the street, all of the quiet people going about their business, or the loud drunk guy making a fool of himself?

#6 User is offline   sherry2310 

• PipPip

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:22 AM

I haven't surfed for other web sites, but I think that maybe the Jessica situation has opened the door for talk about what is going on in our world and the war. No, it's not her fault for what has happened to her, it's the whore's in the media who are greatful for the face time they get at her expense. It's kind of hard to attack someone as an individual if you know nothing about them. I think people are getting some of their frustrations out by using her situation as an example, not necessarily her as a person.

#7 User is offline   JessicaL03 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2003 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (JetMaxx @ Nov 26 2003, 11:14 PM)
Why the hate Jonah?  Because there are a lot of sick people out there, both in America and across the world.

Case in point: 
In late March the story of Jessica Lynch MIA touched my heart....why?
Because she reminded me quite a bit of my own kid sister....because my late mom was also a shy, petite country girl born and raised in Appalachia...

I'm not very wealthy, so I gave Jessica the only gift I could afford....a small, free WebTV homepage in her honor....a "get well" website to give Jessi encouragement during her long recovery in the hospital.  It didn't hail Jessica as a hero....but was created from my heart...the same type of "get well" website I'd create for my own sister, or my sweetheart niece Maddie if they were seriously injured.  I titled it "Jessica Lynch: Prayers Answered"....thanking God almighty that she was alive and safe.  I installed a message board so folks could give Jessica encouragement; I even contacted several media outlets in West Virginia (the folks at the Hur Herald were so wonderful) so Jessica's friends and family could send her messages....tell her they loved her, were proud of her, and praying for her recovery.  All I cared about then and now was Jessica getting well and walking again....not because I thought of her as a war hero -- but simply because I'm a good guy with a big heart (and a big brother).

Jonah, I discontinued that small website in late July after Jessica returned home to West Virginia.  Why?
Because of death threats made against me and my family....threats made against my frail 90 year old grandmother, and both of my younger sisters.  Some of these threats were made from Europe....they didn't worry me from that distance; but a couple were traced to Alabama and southern Tennessee -- less than 90 miles from my Georgia home.

I'm afraid of no man on earth, and have never run from a fight....but when someone threatens to kill or sexually assault someone I love, I take it very seriously.  I'd never forgive myself if something I put online caused some wacko to harm my family.

These who post smack toward Jessi are very sick and twisted individuals Jonah....truly sick.  Anyone who saw Jessi's interview with Diane Sawyer knows she is decent and honorable...as someone in West Virginia told me back in April "Jessi is a kind little sweetheart"..."she's the daughter everyone wishes was their own".  Anyone who saw the interview and knows the pain and agony Jessica endured and yet still feels anger or hatred toward her is beyond help....IMHO they are dangerously demented.

Perry Williams
(back online....at least temporarily)

laugh.gif tongue.gif cool.gif That was very Nicely said. I don't know why people are or feel they have to bad mouth this poor young girl. To me she's a wonderful person with a very big heart. I think I enjoyed the Sawyer interview the most because it felt like she truly was speaking to us through her heart. If people feel they have nothing nice to say about her I wish they keep it to themselves.
To me Jessi will always be a hero not for what she did or what the media says she did , bur for what she went through to come home. Let's not forget she has a long road to go. Let's keep praying for our American Angel/hero and her family.

Jessi you are in my thoughts and prayers daily now and forever Good Luck Angel!!! Happy thanksgiving.

Happy thanksgiving to all !!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif

#8 User is offline   dragonsbooboo 

• PipPip

Posted 05 December 2003 - 09:20 PM

Just adding my two cents.

I surfed around a lot to see if I could learn about Jessi's current health status and help out if I could. I must admitt I was apalled at the websites I came across, and very shocked to find this one.

Anyone I find slamming Jessi will have an earful weather or not it does any good. I will no doubt have Jessi's back all the way, wheather she knows me or not.

As I have said before, She did not ask to be in this position. and as she said herself, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I believe she needs all the help she can get and I hope that she uses all the donations she can get to pay off her medical bills, I am not sure how it works but I think the Army should be responsible for "taking care of its own" although I doubt that it does.

I cannot believe people would have so much hate to say to a 20 year old woman who because of her dream to be a school teacher set up to make her own way and got slapped in the face for it... With God Knows what exactly happened and God Knows exactly how much daily pain she will have to endure the rest of her life including lack of control of certain bodily functions.... What about when Jessi and Ruben want to have kids? Will she be able to? I can only Pray she will if she wants it but the way it looks now, she was robbed of that ability too!

People don't think of what she sacraficed and how much she has lost at someone's stupid mistake, and her determination to achieve her dreams.

Yeah she gets the recognition for it, probably because shes young and female or maybe because shes young, female and survived. Yes there are many others who deserve recognition as well, but all we can do is mention a name of a dead person, we can't help that. I would love to do the impossible and bring back all those who were killed or even help those who were injured.

You know, I am happy Jessi is getting the recognition that she is getting and that the books are out, I wish there was more on all the soilders, but to date there is not. I can't convey in words the joy I felt not even knowing the POW'S when they returned home, I cried for every single one. For what the had to go through, for what the saw, that they were given a second chance at life and got to come home. Shoshaunna and the 4 men I wish I could recall their names. And I cried for all those who lost their lives just doing their job.

I does not matter if you know them or not, you still feel for them.
I cried for Lori, knowing what she left behind... And I cried even more when I found out how and why... I tried imagining how traumatic it must be for Jessi and I can't even imagine the 1/2 of it.

But Jessi made it, she cannot change that, and she did not make it without paying a hefty price. And I think she is doing the right thing with her foundation, all the power to her.

She is doing the best she can with what shes got and trying to help others, Lori's kids, Shoshaunna's kid and so many others and that is more than any of us can say for other service members, at least that I know of.

And she does not deserve to be slammed for any of it. But I will not fret too much for it in this life, I know those people will have their day, it is not for me to judge them or hate them because God will set them straight one day. Perhaps before then they will have come clean with i in their hearts and not pay for thier hate of Jessi, at least I can only Pray.

God Bless All.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users