Jessica Lynch Forums: "saving Jessica Lynch" Movie - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"saving Jessica Lynch" Movie Where Can I Find It???????

#1 User is offline   JessiFlagFan13 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:40 PM

Hello all...
I am looking for a copy of the NBC 2003 movie "Saving Jessica Lynch." It has come up for sale three different times on eBay, but there were three problems with the copies.

1. The first one was in Japanese. I don't speak Japanese. (Yeah...that MIGHT create a problem, eh?)
2. The second copy's highest bid was $37.50, plus S&H. My parents weren't going to let me buy it.
3. The third (and possibly final) copy was for sale from the Philippines. My parents DEFINATELY said no to that one (plus, the bidding's ended.)!!!!

Does anyone have a copy of the movie that they are willing to sell to me (via eBay) for a reasonable price?????

Thanks SOOOO much!!

#2 User is offline   Dilligafst 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

Keep trying on e-bay. That's probably about the only place you will find it unless NBC is willing to send you a copy.

But I will warn you that the movie is a pretty poor attempt at profiting from Jessica's rescue. It switches some things around (creative license, it says) and is more about Mohammed's story than Jessica's. The lynch family had backed out of it. Read Jessica's book that she did with Bragg. That is far more accurate than the movie.

#3 User is offline   mainzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

The producers who made "Saving Jessica Lynch" did a poor job of making this movie and it's was a waste of good film stock. I would suggest you read the book by Jessica and Rick Bragg.

#4 User is offline   RichardLowry 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:37 PM

Just wait for the "Marines in the Garden of Eden" movie. It will tell the real story and it will be made into a movie.

Richard S. Lowry
Marines in the Garden of Eden

#5 User is offline   Matt Wiser 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:22 PM

Whoa, Rich. The book's gonna be a movie? Which network, or is it a theatrical release?
Treat everyone you meet with kindness and respect, but always have ready a plan to kill them.

Old USMC Adage

#6 User is offline   RichardLowry 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:59 AM

We are marketing it as a full length major motion picture, the next great American war movie - no contract yet but rest assured, it will be a movie.

Richard
Marines in the Garden of Eden

#7 User is offline   The Shadow 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:21 PM

I vide-taped the NBC film Saving Jessica Lynch. It does have it flaws, some things were changed whcih really did not need changing. But all in all the film is pretty accurate. It should be remembered that Jessica and her family were really not in favor of making a film so soon after the event. Which is why NBC used the book by the man who tipped off the Americans to her whereabouts. And NBC has not been very kind to Jessica, remember MNBC broadcasted that disgusting video of Jessica and Lori in captivity with that grinning Iraqi moslem Nazi holding Lori Piestewa's head by her hair to maike her face the camera. What is needed is another film that tells the whole story, the ambush, the battle of Nasiryah, the rescue of Jessica, the fall of Bagdahd, and the rescue of the other seven POWs including Shoshana Johnson. A good title would be :
The 507th, Tragedy and Triumph.

#8 User is offline   RichardLowry 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE(The Shadow @ Apr 2 2006, 07:21 PM) View Post

What is needed is another film that tells the whole story, the ambush, the battle of Nasiryah, the rescue of Jessica, the fall of Bagdahd, and the rescue of the other seven POWs including Shoshana Johnson.

Most of what you would like to see will be in "Marines in the Garden of Eden;" the ambush, the battle and Jessica's rescue-and it will be accurate.

Semper Fi,
Richard S. Lowry

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users