• You cannot reply to this topic

Just An Idea A get-together

#1 User is offline   mainzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:27 PM

How's it going folks.

While briefly looking at this site the other evening, I had an idea that I wanted to see what your opinions are.

Roughly a year and half ago, this site opened in deidication to Jessica and her family. Many of us have been regular members since its creation and others have come and gone over the months. Many of us have exchanged our thoughts and ideas about various topics as they relate to Jessica, members of her unit and the others who were held captive, and their families. Some of us have even become aquaintances.

I think one day, I would be nice (and even interesting) to have a "get-together" of those of us who visit this site.

As I said, this Idea is just a "THOUGHT".

What are your opinions on this idea?

#2 User is offline   victor132 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

I think a get together would sound just fine, but something to consider is the area where it will take place meaning it should'nt be out of the way for people that want to attend it. Another thing is should it take place outdoors or indoors i think outdoors would be preffered that way people can feel more at home and they would not have to adjust to an indoor environment.

#3 User is offline   mstrunn55 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:58 AM

That would be a cool idea, however, with most of us scattered all over the US, we would have to come up with a neutral site of sorts, and of course the time of year would be important, let's hear some ideas, but interesting idea Mainzman. wink.gif

#4 User is offline   Kicks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2004 - 08:49 AM

Maybe coordinate it with a popular event that would attract more people and could be combined with a family vacation. Maybe something like Mardi Gras or Jazz Fest. Hmmmm, those are both in New Orleans. Go figure! biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:51 AM

Heck, if you'd proposed this s few weeks back I would've suggested ther Drum Corps Associates (senior corps) championships in Scranton, PA...'cause I was performing there!

#6 User is offline   mainzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2004 - 12:00 PM

I appreciate people's input to this idea.

Since many of people who are apart of this web site are scattered around the country. I don't know what parts of the country all of you live. Finding a place to meet can bee easier said than done. IF this get-together was organized?? I would propose that we meet during the fall, spring, or summer months. We could organize this event for 6 months or 12 months from now.

#7 User is offline   mainzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:53 AM

Just a follow-up on the proposed get-together idea. Another member of this web site, Nurse2, came up with a good idea. The idea is to gather for a Birthday party in April in Jessic's honor and we would invite Jessica and her family to this gathering.

What are people's thoughts on this particular Idea?

#8 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:48 AM

*waggles hand back & forth*

That might make us look TOO much like drooling fanboys and scare her away. Plus I'd guess she'd want her b-day to be a private affair.

Of course, the idea would be for US to meet each other...not to meet her.

Still...for me it's an awful long way to go if it's held back east...I could always phone it in.

#9 User is offline   mainzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:53 AM

Hello again everyone.

The situation about the get-together is this. The idea is to hold the event "around the same time of the year of Jessica's birthday. Ofcourse, we wouldn't have it on her birthday because that time is a private occasion for her and her family. Basically, we would "try" invite Jessica and her family to this gathering and hopefully she and as many of you could attend as possible.

At this point ALL of this is still an Idea because we don't know how to contact her (directly or indirectly through her family or friends). Even if we did come in contact with Jessica and her family. would they accept our invitation?? Another thing to consider is how many people from this web site could come to this event. As far as determining a location of this proposed gathering, that's not even part of the equation at this time.

Right now, ALL of this is just food for thought and nothing more!!

#10 User is offline   nurse2 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:18 PM

Since we have come together because of our interest and support of Jessica, it seems appropriate to me that we organize a get together as a party for Jessica. That would enable us to express our appreciation to her for her service, and our admiration for the way she has conducted herself since the ambush. Needless to say, it would also be great to meet her.

I had the bright idea of doing it around her birthday since I thought we might stand a better chance of her being at home (wherever that might be at the time) for her birthday and available for a party.

As Mainzman points out this is all in a very early stage of brainstorming. The first step is: what do y'all think??

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users