Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speaking Engagement Ruritan Convention

#1 User is offline   Guy Cox 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:23 AM

I am a member of Ruritan National, America's largest community service organization, and work as the aide to the National Vice President, Joe Pancione, Sr. We have about 35,000 members nationwide and will be going to the wonderful state of Kentucky in January, 2007 for our convention. There will be about 1,200 to 1,500 members and their wives who will be attending this convention.

Joe is from Augusta, West Virginia and will become Ruritan's next President in January, 2006 and woild like for Jessica to speak at his convention. The 2007 Ruritan National Convention will be held at the Galt House in Louisville, Kentucky from January 18-20. Joe is very much interested in getting West Virginians to be a big part of the convention. He wants to show the other states that West Virginia is not a welfare state of backward hicks. We are a proud people who are capable of anything.

The morning of Saturday, January 19 we have the First Lady's Breakfast. Joe's wife, Tennel, would like for you to be her guest and speak to those members attending this occasion.

On Friday afternoon, January 18 Ruritan members will be donating over a ton of canned food for the food pantry's/shelters in the Louisville area and, hopefully, 2007 Rudy Bears to the local fire departments, ambulance services, and police departments within the Louisville area. These local heroes will give these small teddy bears to children suffering from trauma during a tragic and difficult time in their lives.

I did not know how to contact you and as you can tell, I am a neophyte when it comes to surfing the net. Please consider my request and if you will send me an address, I will send you a formal invitation and we may discuss financial obligations at that time.

#2 User is offline   randy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:44 PM

Hey Guy, good luck on getting Miss Lynch to repond. I would like to mention to you that you are wasting a good opportunity of communications if you are trying to get Kentuckians to try to understand that us hillbillies ain't really hillbillies. You may try to convince them of the wonderful state of mind that a hillbilly (mountaineer) has on subjects like patriotism, Christianity, liberalism, wealth, and mindsets. It is considered a blessing to be from a slow place like WV. We won the Hatfield McCoy battle, and we are winning the other battles. (?)
I have met Miss Lynch, and I know some folks from Kentucky. She doesn't have anything to prove or show to dem dere folks! Trust me!
As a matter of fact, there are more federal dollars being poured into Kentucky because of their state of mind (denying to be a hillbilly) than WV has. They have many colleges and universities in Kentucky that cash in on the "plight" of the appalchian hillbilly (mountaineer). There is actually more hillbillies in Kentucky than they are in WV, if you would follow the mountain range you would see this. Of course. in Louisville you are already beyond the montain range. You are over in that big holler called the plains, as I see it. But, good luck on your efforts.

#3 User is offline   randy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:32 PM

If nothing else works, try goodwingoodwin.com???

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users