• You cannot reply to this topic

Hey Kicks! Pics of me...again

#1 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:33 PM

Dude....your pm box is full.

Go to http://drumcorpspix.smugmug.com and click on the link for Dream Sr. I'm on page 4 in the purple jacket.

I am soooo pimpin'!!!

#2 User is offline   Kicks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2004 - 10:14 PM

I am soooo pimpin'!!!

You got that right...dude!!!! biggrin.gif

And here's a picture of my daughter on Friday, July 9th, at the AAU Tae Kwon Do National Championships in FT Lauderdale, FL.

user posted image

#3 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2004 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Kicks @ Jul 12 2004, 12:16 AM)
I am soooo pimpin'!!!

You got that right...dude!!!! biggrin.gif

And here's a picture of my daughter on Friday, July 9th, at the AAU Tae Kwon Do National Championships in FT Lauderdale, FL.

user posted image

Woo-hoo! Congrats to her (and by extension, you).

Are the events divided by weight class, age, belt ranting, or some other factor?

#4 User is offline   Kicks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:45 PM

Are the events divided by weight class, age, belt ranting, or some other factor?

Yes. Divisions are by gender, age, weight, and rank.

Shannon placed third in forms (kata, poomse, etc) in the 10 - 11 year old girls, middle weight, 2nd degree black belts and up. She was 2/10 a point off from the first place winner.

She placed first in sparing (fighting) in the 10 - 11 year old girls, 75 lbs and under (she weighed in at 65 lbs), black belts (1st degree and up). Each match was two, 2-minute rounds. She didn't draw the bi (buy) so she had to fight more than the others who made it to the medal round. She even had to fight in the finals only 2 minutes after winning in the semi-finals. She won the finals 30 to 10.

Here's a pic from a couple of years ago:

user posted image

#5 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Kicks @ Jul 12 2004, 02:47 PM)

Yes. Divisions are by gender, age, weight, and rank.

Shannon placed third in forms (kata, poomse, etc) in the 10 - 11 year old girls, middle weight, 2nd degree black belts and up. She was 2/10 a point off from the first place winner.

She placed first in sparing (fighting) in the 10 - 11 year old girls, 75 lbs and under (she weighed in at 65 lbs), black belts (1st degree and up). Each match was two, 2-minute rounds. She didn't draw the bi (buy) so she had to fight more than the others who made it to the medal round. She even had to fight in the finals only 2 minutes after winning in the semi-finals. She won the finals 30 to 10.

Here's a pic from a couple of years ago:

user posted image

WoW! GREAT extension!!

She only got 2 minutes between semis and finals??? You get 10 in fencing between bouts in the elimination round.

The separation of events in fnecing is more based in a single factor than a number of them. All events at the local level can be mixed gender -- although there are often separate women's events if they so desire -- the usual segregating factor is age (Youth 10/12, Youth 14, Under 16, Under 19), Weapons classification (Unclassified, D and under, C and under, Open), or, at national level events by weapon division (Div III = D & under, Div II = C and under, Div I = generally A & B, but this you have to fence in a qualifier to make this division, and you can be unrated and still qualify depending on the size & strength of your qualifying competition....it's usually the top 30% of the field that qualifies, regardless of classification)

None of the weapons cross over....it's always foil vs foil, epee/epee, and sabre/sabre...too many differances in target are and rules of scoring to pit differing weapons against each other.

#6 User is offline   Kicks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:19 PM

Sam,

I know that fencing will be in this year's Olympics. How long has it been an official Olympic event?

Tae Kwon Do has been a demostration sport at the Olympics for quite a while but became an official medal sport at the 2000 games in Sydney, Aus. Steve Lopez, of Sugarland, Texas, won America's first gold medal when he defeated South Korea's champion Sin Jun-sik. Steve will compete in Athens this August.

He also competed at the USTU Nationals in New Orleans last year when I won in my division. See: http://livaudaisnet.com/mafit/lopez.htm

Shannon attended a seminar with Steve's brother, Jean Lopez, last week in FT Lauderdale at the AAU TKD Nationals. Jean is a World Cup silver medalist and Steve's coach. I believe he is also the coach of the US Olympic TKD team this year. Check out photo:

user posted image

#7 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Kicks @ Jul 12 2004, 08:21 PM)
Sam,

I know that fencing will be in this year's Olympics. How long has it been an official Olympic event?

*sigh* We always get this question.

The answer?

Since 1896...the only 4 sports disciplines to remain from the original games are fencing, gymnastics, swimming, and track & field.

The reson we always get this question is fencing is the ONLY Olympic sport that gets NO coverage at all....CURLING got more coverage in the last winter games than fencing has in total!

I just hope NBC doesn't put it on at 3 am...we stand a VERY good chance of medalling for the first time since 1984 (the current women's #1 in sabre is an American)...but I'm ntoi holding my breath...the only time we get coverage anywhere is when someone gets hurt...in itself a rarity.

#8 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (TheStarsAreBrighterInAmerica @ Jul 19 2004, 01:58 PM)
Soprano84, I looked for you in the pictures and I did not see you! Can you post the picture?

If your screen resolution is differenty I may not be on page 4. Just look for the guy in the purple jacket...that'll be me. I may be on a later page.

I can't post the shot. I would have ot copy and save it to Photobucket, but the site will not allow you to save the pic from the website.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users