Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Respect Without A Passport

#1 User is offline   iraqiamericanwoman 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 November 2003 - 05:12 PM

I am an Iraqi-American woman residing in Minnesota. I have lived in America for most of my life and I have just received an email from a friend regarding some excerpts from Jessica Lynch's interviews. I had decided against watching the movie or the interviews because as an Iraqi-American, many times I feel insulted by the biased and arrogant way that things are presented.

I respect Jessica for her honesty and integrity. It takes an immense amount of courage to tell the truth and refute the Hollywood version, in spite of how glittery it might be. That takes a true hero.

I have come to realize that it does not matter whether you are iraqi, american, christian, jewish, a democrat or a republican- what matters is whether you are a person of honor and integrity- and I beleive that Jessica is.

Best wishes to Jessica and her family...may God bless you and may your growth and renewal come from your adversity.

#2 User is offline   TheGeneral 

• Pip

Posted 08 November 2003 - 01:32 AM

Great post, thank you! Jessica has a lot of guts to tell the truth. God bless her!

#3 User is offline   WARRIOR 

• Pip

Posted 08 November 2003 - 04:55 PM

I.A.W
EVERYBODY HAS GONE THROUGH THIS IN THIS COUNTRY. IRISH, BLACKS, SICILIANS......JUST THE WAY IT IS.
BUT A GREAT POST. THANK YOU.
MINNESOTA???? I LOVE THE VIKINGS !!!!! MY TEAM!!!!! STAY WARM. GO CULPEPPER, MOSS, BENNET , AND THE BUNCH!!!

#4 User is offline   Greatful 

• Pip

Posted 02 December 2003 - 10:13 PM

yeah very, very good post, thanks again

#5 User is offline   AmericanSweetheart001 

• Pip

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:08 PM

[FONT=Impact][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

I.A.W-->
Hi I am a 15 y/o from CT but I just want to let you know that I loved your post. It its very true the way that the Iraqi-America's get treated bcos of there Origen. My best friend is an I.A and she just moved to CT from Canada...There are many I.A's in Canada but you dont see as many around here...I befreided Sara on the first day she moved here not bcos I felt bad for her, but bcos I wanted to know her and thats what I did, I got to know her. I tell Sara everyday how lucky I feel to have and Iraqi-America as a best freind. Since Sara and I have been freinds I have learned a lot about the Iraqi culture but besides that I have prove somthing too, I have proved to all the people in our school who might say things about Sara that I am not scared of the image I may be making for myself by being freinds with Sara I care about our friendship and that's all that counts. So anyway I.A.W the point I am trying to make is that you have my support 100% bcos I am not afraid of what people think of me and neither should anyone else...
*God Bless You and Happy Holidays to you and yours*
-->Brittany<--

#6 User is offline   JessiFlagFan13 

• PipPip

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:20 PM

that's a beautiful way to put it. couldn't have said it better myself!!

I'M SO GLAD YOU CAME TO THE US!!!!! GLAD TO HAVE YOU IN OUR COUNTRY!!!

smile.gif biggrin.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users