Jessica Lynch Forums: Brother Of Female Pow Returns To Duty At Fort Brag - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brother Of Female Pow Returns To Duty At Fort Brag

#1 User is offline   scanner2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 May 2003 - 09:49 PM

EMERY P. DALESIO
Associated Press

FORT BRAGG, N.C. - Army Pfc. Jessica Lynch still hasn't talked about her experience as a prisoner of war or the battle that led to her capture, her brother said Tuesday.

"We don't push the fact to ask her. We're just there to support her and to help her get well," said Spc. Gregory Lynch Jr., 21, an Apache helicopter ammunition technician based at Fort Bragg.

He spoke for the first time since returning to the North Carolina base Saturday. He left the Army post the day after his family was notified of his sister's ambush March 23 outside of Nasiriyah. She was rescued from an Iraqi hospital April 1 by U.S. commandos after a tip from an Iraqi lawyer.

Jessica Lynch was in satisfactory condition Tuesday at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, said hospital spokeswoman Sgt. Maj. Kiki Bryant.

She is undergoing physical therapy as she recovers from a head wound, a spinal injury and fractures to her right arm, both legs, her right foot and ankle.

Her parents visit her daily at the hospital, Gregory Lynch said.

"I support her. Some people say that she is a hero. To my eyes, whether or not they believe it, she is my hero and that will always be true," he said.

Gregory Lynch said he first saw his wounded sister when his family was flown to a military hospital in Germany after her rescue.

"I cried when I first saw her," he said.

"It hurt hard to see a sister, a loved one laying in bed, helpless where you couldn't do nothing and the whole time you wish you'd have been there instead of her," he said. "But she pulled through and she's doing well now."

Lynch said his sister remains unable to stand on her own, but he was otherwise was unfamiliar with her therapy regimen.

The siblings joined the Army together 20 months ago. They were sworn in on the same day at an Army processing center in Beckley, W.Va., said Lynch, who is 16 months older than his sister. Jessica Lynch has said she joined the Army so that she could earn money to pay for college and go on to become a teacher.

"The fact that she wanted to go in the military the same time I did, I took it as me being the role model and she wanted to be just like me," he said. "But she had her own ways and goals and she knew what she was doing and she knew why she was going.

"As far as her going into a combat zone over me, that's just her job and she did not know and neither did I and it's just something to be expected."

Regards,

Scott Drake
Webmaster

USDCServers.net We give you a solution, Not just a Plan! We have Ensim cPanel and Plesk Dedicated Servers Available!

<!--sizeo:2--><!--/sizeo-->Need to Register a Domain Name at a Low Price or in Need of SSL Certificates at Low Prices, Click Here

Need a Web Site? We Can Help there too, Just Click Here for more information<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

IPB Image
2008 MS Walk, if you would like to Donate just click on this link

Marines In The Garden Of Eden, The first book to tell the entire story

IPB Image
Marines in the Garden of Eden

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users