• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thanks For Your Service

#1 User is offline   kelly 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:29 PM

Dear Jessica,
I admire what you did to save my country. I love you for what you did. You are one person I admire most. I like the way you stay strong to this day. You make me feel safe when you were at war. Thanks for serving in the war. Love Kelly (8) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#2 User is offline   Beretta63 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:01 AM

Dear Jessica:

Each time I read about you or see something about you on television, I think about the tremendous amount of courage and bravery you possess. While many of your generation concern themselves with trivial matters, you've already been through more in your life than most could ever conjure up in their lifetime.

Sadly, many generations of young Americans have been called to serve during time of war and I commend you and all those like you who have answered the call without question.

I sincerely hope that good fortune smiles down upon you the remainder of your days,as I think you've certainly earned it! cool.gif

#3 User is offline   Retired Teacher 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 December 2006 - 08:28 AM

Thank you, Jessica, for serving your country. It is because people like you are willing to step forward and become soldiers, assume the risk and hardships of combat, that the U.S.A. is a free nation.

We owe you and all the other brave soldiers more than we can ever repay.

I shake hands and say thank you to ever veteran I meet, even strangers at Wal-mart wearing caps identifying them as vets. I have never had one fail to smile and shake my hand in return.

I hope that everyone reading this will thank a veteran for his/her service. I am elderly and remember how badly Viet Nam vets were treated upon returning from the hell of that awful war as if they were responsible for it.

Sometimes wars are necessary. Without the American Revolution, we would not be the USA. Without our brave men and women soldiers of WWI and WWII, we wouldn't be a free country.

Let us all remember to thank them. They don't choose to start a war. They just fight in them to protect the rest of us.

Thank you, Jessice, and thanks to every soldier or veteran who reads this.

Be blessed.

Retired teacher

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users