• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Deal With Peace Activists

#1 Guest_Kicks_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:46 AM

How to deal with peace Activists

As the War against terrorism continues, many of us will encounter
"Peace Activists". These activists may be alone or in a gathering. Most of us do not know how to react to them. When you come upon one of these people, or one of their rallies, here are the proper rules of etiquette:

1. Listen politely while this person explains their views. Strike
up a conversation if necessary and look very interested in their ideas.
They will tell you how revenge is immoral, and that by attacking the
people who did this to us; we will only bring on more violence. They will
probably use many arguments, ranging from political to religious to
humanitarian. dry.gif

2. In the middle of their remarks, without any warning, punch them
in the nose. ohmy.gif

3. When the person gets up off the ground, they will be very angry
and they may try to hit you so be careful. mad.gif

4. Very quickly and calmly remind the person that violence only
brings about more violence and remind them of their stand on this matter.
Tell them if they are committed to nonviolent approach to undeserved
attacks, they will turn the other cheek and negotiate a solution. Tell them
they must lead by example if they really believe what they are saying. dry.gif

5. Most of them will think for a moment and then agree that you are
correct. unsure.gif

6. As soon as they do that, hit them again. Only this time hit them
much harder - square in the nose. ohmy.gif

7. Repeat steps 2 - 5 until the desired results are obtained and the
idiot realizes how stupid of an argument he/she is making. biggrin.gif

#2 User is offline   papags46 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 June 2003 - 02:40 PM

Ouch, man!!! Polite lil Kicks... being so mean? Lol. No, I love that post. I can't stop laughing! laugh.gif

#3 User is offline   Sea-Wolf 

• Pip

Posted 06 June 2003 - 04:13 PM

Hello kicks

Wonderful post my friend, i was in stitches (even my better half thought that was funny), it's great to get post like yours just to lighten the mood Great job Kicks....lol biggrin.gif

Sean (UK)

#4 User is offline   Kolosky06790 

• Pip

Posted 07 June 2003 - 03:04 AM

LOL!!!! That was great. biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   missoula 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:41 PM

kicks
i thougth you were nice? would you punch someone in the nose who was a peace activst.

joesph

#6 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 14 June 2003 - 10:45 AM

Ok joseph...put 'em up!

user posted image

I'll take ya on!

the unknown boxer baby

#7 User is offline   carolemac 

• Pip

Posted 14 June 2003 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (joseph @ Jun 9 2003, 02:41 PM)
kicks
i thougth you were nice? would you punch someone in the nose who was a peace activst.

joesph

Is it Joesph or Joseph?

Well, anyway. One has to have the ability to reason and draw conclusions based on the evidence provided for the results Kicks expects. By the very fact that one is a peace activist he/she has demonstrated he/she lacks that ability.

Still, it might be fun to try. And it would be the polite thing to do. I suppose the one of the nicest things anyone can do for another is to be brutally honest. Kicks is just putting the emphasis on brutal.

Kicks

Is that a picture of your baby, or is it your baby picture?
Good looking kid, whichever.

Phntmstrngr

#8 User is offline   pingersgal 

• Pip

Posted 15 June 2003 - 03:19 AM

It is 5:00AM, Sunday. I am not in a very funny mood. Getting ready to go to the house after a 12 hour shift. I am browsing around, see this, and cannot stop laughing. I had this vision in my head of a fruitcake being all into his ideals, then I punch him! Good golly, that is hilarious. Thanks Kicks! I really needed this! I just can't get that picture out of my mind! LOL

#9 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 15 June 2003 - 07:59 AM

phnmtstrngr

Or is it phntmstrngr?

Well, anyway. I just found that baby photo on the web when doing an Image Search on google for 'punch'. I don't know who the baby is.

The photo was posted for the same reason as my initial post...just for kicks; just a punch at humor to lighten things up. rolleyes.gif

Hope you enjoyed!

Kicks

#10 User is offline   missoula 

• Pip

Posted 16 June 2003 - 01:44 PM

kicks

you have a strange way of being funny. the baby picture is nice.

#11 User is offline   carolemac 

• Pip

Posted 19 June 2003 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (joseph @ Jun 16 2003, 01:44 PM)
kicks

you have a strange way of being funny. the baby picture is nice.

Joseph

Awe, come on! That was hilarious.
Personally, I like this one.

There were protesters today in DC, who attempted to disrupt the metro system and block the Key Bridge, a leading artery into DC from Northern Virginia.
It is raining hard, making travel that much worse.
The protesters on the train platform were handing out pamphlets on the evils of America. A twenty-something female protester offered her a pamphlet, which the elderly woman politely declined. The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder and in a very soft voice said, "Ma'am, don't you care about the children of Iraq?"

The old woman looked up at her and said, "Honey, my first husband died in France during World War II so you could have the right to stand here and bad mouth your country. And if you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your a$$ and open it.

That'll make you walk funny for quite a while.

Phntmstrngr

#12 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 19 June 2003 - 06:46 AM

Ooo, that's gotta hurt! blink.gif

Phntmstrngr , Here's one for ya....

An 80 year old man was having his annual checkup and the doctor asked him how he was feeling.
"I've never been better!" he boasted. "I've got an eighteen year old bride who's pregnant and having my child! What do you think about that?"

The doctor considered this for a moment, then said, "Let me tell you a story. I knew a guy who was an avid hunter. He never missed a season. But one day went out in a bit of a hurry and he accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun."

The doctor continued, "So he was in the woods and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him! He raised up his umbrella, pointed it at the bear and squeezed the handle."

"And do you know what happened?" the doctor queried.

Dumbfounded, the old man replied "No".

The doctor continued, "The bear dropped dead in front of him!"

"That's impossible!" exclaimed the old man. "Someone else must have shot that bear."

"That's kind of what I'm getting at..." replied the doctor. unsure.gif dry.gif ohmy.gif

#13 Guest_jean_*

Posted 19 June 2003 - 06:05 PM

Even though I would class myself as a peace activist I found those steps hilarious.

It annoys me on the May Day Demos or when the anti-globalists demonstrate during G8 summits etc, that they destroy property and attack and riot.

They make a mockery out of what they're trying to achieve and turn people against them and the cause.

Their cause is just. but their methods suck.

I wonder where they learnt their methods. perhaps they watched the Houses of Commons when the MPs are having a debate. It can get quite raucous in there. Or the football hooligans - now they really could teach them a thing or two?

Their cause and the methods they employ to try and achieve their cause contradict each other which sadly makes them hippocrites. However, sometimes they are provoked...and I believe that perhaps they are infiltrated ph34r.gif by those against their cause.

So whilst you could try hitting them on the nose, after watching what they and other so-called peace loving individuals do during their anti-globalisation demos, can I suggest that as soon as you hit them you RUN. Fast. Away from them. And away from the police as well.

#14 User is offline   Patricia 

• Pip

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:24 PM

Loved the "question". Loved the responces. Loved the pic of the kid!!
Just loved the'tude of it all.
Peace activists???Pounce on them like a bum on a boloney sandwich!!!
"Give Peace A Chance'?? Mr. Lennon was NOT speaking of THIS!!!
Sadly, the biggest "saints" are sinners.Who spoke out about Bill Clinton first?,...In the guise of "family values"??...Gary Condit!!!!Oops!!!Preacher man,speaking "in the name of the Lord", yet banging a teenager in motel rooms(sorry, Tammy Faye, mixed up with bad company)
I hold no weight to anything.As I've said before,..A "difinative" report?? Will still be questioned.
Peace activists???....Lazy people!!! Just want to sleep, wake up,...and have a perfect world. How did we get this way??? By giving our lives!!!That's how!!The Great War. WW2!!! Every war before!!!Oddly enough, we went to war, to be free,.. to give people the freedom to say war is wrong.Very strange. What are these people thinking??
Yes, John Lennon said, "Let's make love, not war". He also said,"Gimme some truth".Untill ya have one....you will never have the other.
I'm glad he's not alive to see this day.(It would kill him!!)

#15 User is offline   carolemac 

• Pip

Posted 22 June 2003 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (jean @ Jun 19 2003, 06:05 PM)
...Their cause is just. but their methods suck.
...Their cause and the methods they employ to try and achieve their cause contradict each other which sadly makes them hippocrites. .

Jean

Their cause in not just. Their cause is just absent!

Their only out there 'cause they want to protest..anything. They are every conceivable hypocrite, from every non-cause on the planet, grouped together so they appear unified. But, actually, baseball and sportfishing have more in common than those protestors.

Phntmstrngr

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users