• You cannot reply to this topic

Need A Little Help With The Board

#1 User is offline   scanner2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

Without going into detail, I have received some bad news about my health this week that will prevent me from working. So what I am asking is if your interested in the new book by Richard S. Lowry, Marines In The Garden Of Eden please click on the link below. What this will produce a small commission from Amazon that I will use to keep the web server up and running. I normally would not do something like this as I have never tried to make money off of Jessica Lynch and/or her story, but with this weeks news about my health I am trying to figure out ways to continue this site without outright asking for funding as I have always wanted this site to be free.

Regards,

Scott Drake - Webmaster

Marines In The Garden Of Eden, The first book to tell the entire story

user posted image
Marines in the Garden of Eden

Book Description
The true story of the bloodiest battle in the campaign to oust Saddam Hussein.

It began on March 23, 2003, a clear, sunny Sunday morning in the city of An Nasiriyah, Iraq, where members of the 507th Maintenance Company had become hopelessly lost on their trek through the desert. The enemy ambushed the 507th at first light, killing and wounding twenty-one soldiers and taking six prisoners, including the now-famous Private Jessica Lynch. By nightfall, 18 Marines had given their lives in what would become the battle for An Nasiriyah.

For the next week, An Nasiriyah was rocked with gun and mortar fire, as the Marines of Task Force Tarawa fought to wrest control of the city from Saddam's fanatical followers.

This is the story of the battle for "The Nas," as seen through the eyes of the soldiers, sailors, Marines, and newsmen who made it through those terrible seven days, and would never forget what they experienced, what they learned-or those they lost in the name of freedom.

About the Author
Richard S. Lowry is an internationally recognized military historian and author of The Gulf War Chronicles. He has also been published in Military Magazine and Marine Corps Gazette.
Regards,

Scott Drake
Webmaster

USDCServers.net We give you a solution, Not just a Plan! We have Ensim cPanel and Plesk Dedicated Servers Available!

<!--sizeo:2--><!--/sizeo-->Need to Register a Domain Name at a Low Price or in Need of SSL Certificates at Low Prices, Click Here

Need a Web Site? We Can Help there too, Just Click Here for more information<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

IPB Image
2008 MS Walk, if you would like to Donate just click on this link

Marines In The Garden Of Eden, The first book to tell the entire story

IPB Image

#2 User is offline   RichardLowry 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:46 AM

Hello,

I am a very new member of this message board. In my short time here, I have found it to be an excellent clearinghouse for information about Jessica. The webmaster has done a great job of providing a place for us all to congregate and speak our mind about the issues surrounding American POW treatment in our war on terror.

I will be kicking of a national marketing campaign on March 23 for my upcomming book, "Marines in the Garden of Eden." I anticipate that once sales start to increase, Amazon.com will be raising the price of the book to its full retail value.

I know that "Marines in the Garden of Eden" is the first book, and possibly the only book, that will tell the full story of the Ambush of the 507th MAintenance Company and Jessica's rescue. I have interviewed four of the surviving soldiers of the ambush, dozens of Marines who came in contact with the survivors, the Marine tankers who actually rescued ten of Jessica's comrades and several participants of her rescue.

Please help this site stay alive and preorder a copy of "Marines in the Garden of Eden" by following the links provided on this board. You will not only help keep jessica-lynch.com going, you will receive a hefty discount from amazon for placing your order now.

I am currently looking in to producing signature labels that I can sign and send to anyone who wants to affix it to the inside cover.

More on the labels later -

Semper Fidelis,

Richard S. Lowry

#3 User is offline   RichardLowry 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2006 - 04:30 AM

Signature labels are on the way from my publisher. The labels are stickers that can be affixed to the inside cover. There is room for a short salutation and my signature. If anyone would like to personalize their copy of "Marines in the Garden of Eden," simply go to my website;

and send me an email by going to my FEEDBACK page. I will mail you a personalized label for your book.

Richard S. Lowry

#4 User is offline   Gideon 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:31 PM

WHERE IS EVERYBODY? SCOTT NEEDS HELP HERE. CAN'T WE STEP UP AND HELP? HE'S DONE A GREAT JOB WITH JESSIES SITE. NO ONE'S POSTING, OR READING. SCOTT, I'M HERE FOR YOU. JESSICA LYNCH IS AN IMPORTANT AMERICAN ICAN, NOT BY HER OWN DESIGN, BUT BY THE TIMES AND MOOD OF THE COUNTRY. KEEP ON KEEPING ON, SCOTT. TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO TO HEPL OUT ON THIS IMPORTANT WEBSITE.
GIDEON.

#5 User is offline   JetMaxx 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(Gideon @ May 10 2006, 08:30 PM) View Post

WHERE IS EVERYBODY? SCOTT NEEDS HELP HERE. CAN'T WE STEP UP AND HELP? HE'S DONE A GREAT JOB WITH JESSIES SITE. NO ONE'S POSTING, OR READING.

Well, in my case.....I've moved on with my life. Jessica is now back on her feet, is attending college....and from everything I know, she's happy and enjoying her life. I told folks back in 03', the reason why created my former site ("Jessica Lynch: Prayers Answered") and why I was here is at the time, Jessi needed me; she needed all of us (our prayers and support) as she struggled to recover from her injuries and learn to walk again. I don't idolize Jessica Lynch....I instead have great respect for her; both as a former United States soldier and a brave honorable young woman. She's a wonderful role model for America's children, and has been an inspiration to me.

I'm not attempting to diss Scott (Scanner2); this website is wonderful.....and served its purpose admirably; I thank him for creating it. Saying that, it's now 2006..... nearly three years have passed since Jessica returned home to West Virginia; she has moved on with her life; I've moved on with my life (as I believe most who were here then have). If Jessica ever needed my assistance, be it prayers, financial, or just a shoulder to cry on, I'd be there for her in a heartbeat. That doesn't mean I need to post on this website or even lurk here much anymore. If Jessi needs to find me, it isn't that difficult (just go to Google and type in keyword "SouthernWx").

I'm now caring for my precious 92 yr old grandmother (and I've been forced to become the parent; she has Alzheimers disease, so my days [and sometimes nights] are very busy/ stressful); have lost several precious members of my family since 2003. I'm currently assisting friends in Alabama who's young daughter was recently diagnosed with acute leukemia (AML); doing whatever I can to make this precious angel's days brighter. I'm also now making plans to spend the rest of my life (after the current responsibility to my grandmother has ended) helping children; working with/ volunteering with a childrens hospital and/ or non-profit organization (most likely in the Pacific Northwest where my younger sis and her family live).

I'm truly sorry to learn of Scott's health problems, and wish him the very best (am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers). Saying that, why would I spend much needed time and financial assets on a website that is honestly not needed anymore (unless one is interested in a Jessica Lynch fansite/ group which can be created many places online for free...such as Myspace or Yahoo!) instead of contributing them to someone who desperately need my financial and dedicated support (ie- CaringBridge.org; Angels in Caring; the American Leukemia Society; St Jude's Childen's hospital).

I'm not trying to be critical, but it does bug me a little when I see someone insinuating that because I don't spend day after day here posting about Jessica any longer (or send contributions/ donate to keep this site online) that I've somehow let her down. I seriously doubt Jessica even bothers to check this site anymore; if I were in her situation, I wouldn't. She's not thinking about her painful past....but instead is focusing on her IMO very bright future. I'm doing the same thing....so is Eric and Debby Horner; so are most of the wonderful, kind, caring men and women who made this site so wonderful from April until November of 2003.

Sorry if I've upset anyone, but life goes on my friend.....Jessica is well and happy now, so I've shifted my focus to others (children suffering from cancer and my feeble, sick little grandmother) who DO need my time and support.

Sincerely,
Perry Williams

http://www.myspace.com/southernwx

#6 User is offline   randy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:04 PM

Jettmaxx, so good to hear from you. I see you are still ministering to others. Wonderful! Keep up the good work. I very seldom visit this site anymore, just really don't have the interest. Like you so very well stated. However, this site is referred to here in WV at least, as Jessica's web site. I suppose that means something?? I would like to know if she even visits the site. If my buddy from CA ever makes it back here, which I hope will be this summer, we are going to Palestine to see the Lynch family, again. Should I get the moment, I am going to enquire as to their visits to this site, and I will share how good it was way back then.

Jessica is going to be the grand marshal in a military parade this weekend right here in Charleston (South Charleston). I have to work, dagnabit!

God bless and keep that ministry alive!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users