Jessica Lynch Forums: NBC Making Rescue of POW Jessica Lynch Film - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NBC Making Rescue of POW Jessica Lynch Film

#1 User is offline   scanner2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:26 AM

Thursday, April 10, 2003 12:50 CDT

The dramatic rescue of former POW Jessica Lynch played like something out of a movie -- and soon it will be just that, reports Variety.

NBC is fast-tracking development on a two-hour telepic detailing Lynch's jaw-dropping ordeal and the preparations that went into planning her rescue. The network has met with writers and is expected to choose a producer within a few days.

No timetable is in place yet, but the goal is to get the movie on the air during the early part of the 2003-04 season.

CBS also is said to be hearing pitches about the idea of a Lynch film, as it always does whenever there are such headline-grabbing events, but no decisions about such a pic have been made.

Regards,

Scott Drake
Webmaster

USDCServers.net We give you a solution, Not just a Plan! We have Ensim cPanel and Plesk Dedicated Servers Available!

<!--sizeo:2--><!--/sizeo-->Need to Register a Domain Name at a Low Price or in Need of SSL Certificates at Low Prices, Click Here

Need a Web Site? We Can Help there too, Just Click Here for more information<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

IPB Image
2008 MS Walk, if you would like to Donate just click on this link

Marines In The Garden Of Eden, The first book to tell the entire story

IPB Image
Marines in the Garden of Eden

#2 User is offline   mitch 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:44 PM

Excellent to learn of an upcoming movie. This will bring job opportunites and fun to a high unemployment area in VA.

(hey, any chance of a part as an extra in the movie?)

Let's hear it for Ms. Lynch's parents who sound a real nice team and a great family.

#3 User is offline   Kicks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 13 April 2003 - 05:28 PM

Its WV not VA by the way. Ok a movie is a good idea but let the poor girl recoperate and please let it be her story not some made up holywood version. She deserves at least that much.

#4 User is offline   akwietlade 

• Pip

Posted 13 April 2003 - 08:13 PM

I totally agree,the truth is needed and not some hollywood version.

#5 User is offline   phntmstrngr 

• PipPip

Posted 14 April 2003 - 12:46 AM

How did Jack Nicholson put it, in "A Few Good Men"? " ...YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

As far as I know, Jessica has not told her story. The stories that fill the media outlets, are attributed to "...officials", or "...unidentified witnesses" or worse "...unnamed sources". The fact is, we don't know the truth and for most Americans, especially Jessica, it might be better if it stayed that way. America, with few exceptions, was euphoric at the thought of her heroism, and deeply sorrowed at the thought of what those ba*@#%ds must've put her through.

I hope, for Jessica's sake, that the bravery and courage attributed to her have at least some modicum of reality. If she was not as heroic as has been claimed or if she was not in so much jeopardy as has been implied, then many, who now shower accolades, may rain a torrent of criticism, that even a heroine would find difficult to stand tall in.

Now, that the other five survivors of the ambush that resulted in her capture, and theirs, have been found alive, I can imagine the shocked chorus of "...Jessica Lynch did what?", if the current press is less than accurate.

It is best for her that she has chosen, with the concurrance and understanding of her family, to say little or nothing publicly. She will not need to eat those words spoken braggardly in the excitement of the moment. These actions, too, are the mark of a true heroine.

And, in my book, she is a heroine.

Phntmstrngr

#6 Guest_hawaiivoice_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 April 2003 - 03:33 AM

[FONT=Arial]
I'm totally for an accurate movie of the account but against Hollywood's making a few bucks. Unfortunately this movie will be made whether or not Jessica Lynch wants it made and that stinks. The law says that as long as they stay to the facts.......since when did Hollywood stay to the facts. If they do make the movie I sure hope it allows for Patriotism and allows for our awesome president and soldiers to be honored and not condemned and destroyed like our Vietnam vets!!!!!!!

#7 Guest_Truthteller_*

Posted 07 June 2003 - 02:27 PM

FOLKS, I'M THE ONE WRITING THE MOVIE FOR NBC AND AS MUCH AS I'D LOVED TO HAVE TALKED TO HER PESONALLY, I COULDN'T. I HAVE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO WRITE THE FILM BASED ON THE PRESS REPORTS (THE TRUE ONES, NOT THE BBC!) AND I HAVE INTERVIEWED MOHAMMED, WHO AGREED TO SELL HIS STORY TO NBC, AND BE WORKING THE THE US ARMED FORCES FOR RESEARCH. DON'T WORRY, WHEN YOU TUNE IN THIS NOVEMBER, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

#8 Guest_dilligafst_*

Posted 09 June 2003 - 12:07 AM

Truthteller: You're writing the movie for NBC? And have come here to this site? How would NBC know Jessica's side of the story, except, of course, what is there from the reports? What she thought and felt? How she reacted with her caregivers there? What she went through before the Saddam hospital? And you've talked with Mohammed? That must have been wild. I wonder why he has not yet visited Jessica.

#9 Guest_jean_*

Posted 09 June 2003 - 03:53 AM

I've said before that I feel that this film must be boycotted. Unless Pfc Lynch gives her consent it must not be made into a film.

she at least has the right not to be exploited in this manner. Whilst the truth must be told she must not be exploited in this way.

Secondly, after what I've read about what happened to her you cannot expect an actress to act out the torture and rape scenes. it is far too macabre to act out.

And I hope that there won't be any nudity. I have read on one website about people getting excited about tits and arse being shown. they want loads of it. The dirty perves...

You cannot make a movie based on teh media and the military. You need her input and her permission.

You don't have that permission and therefore it must not be made.

People go on about how the British media take liberties, but I think this is far worse. That her own people are so desperate to use her this way just for some entertainment.

What happened to her is not a laughing matter to be put on show and treated with such disrespect, and to do this is immoral.

I urge people to boycott NBC and any other organisation who tries to exploit this young woman. Even if that means you can't watch your favourite programmes.

Any actors that can portray the torturers must be a bit that way inclined themselves.

As for the Iraqi lawyer. Yes he walked 6 miles. He said he saw her slapped around. But he's in a safe country now, with a very good job, a book deal worth hundreds of thousands of pounds, even the book title has been decided. NBC and others will make loads of money from this.

How much money is Pfc Lynch going to make?

He hasn't spoken publicly because he's probably waiting for his book to be launched and then he'll start doing interviews so his book can be sold...

This is sick. It's as macabre as what happened to her...

Clearly anybody involved with this film, and anybody who watches does not care about Pfc Lynch...

#10 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 09 June 2003 - 06:02 AM

Truthteller,

When they cast the roles for the movie, could you put your two cents in and see if they would cast Brad Pitt to play me? My wife thinks it ought to be Steve Martin. laugh.gif

Kicks

#11 Guest_dilligafst_*

Posted 09 June 2003 - 12:37 PM

LOL Kicks:) Hell, man, you should play your part yourself:) Get the fame:)

#12 Guest_Jessicafan_*

Posted 09 June 2003 - 12:51 PM

damn a movie they jus need to let the girl heal and stuff, before they hurt her by causing her to think about that dreadful day when she was taken captive.

God Bless Jessica and her family,
Matt Morales, 15 y/o, Texas

#13 User is offline   missoula 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:34 PM

i said in another thread that to make a stand against a movie not approved by the lynches you need to boycott the advertisers. nbc dont get a dime when you watch their movie. they get the money from the advertisers who are betting that you will watch the movie and remember to buy their products.

so don't buy their products. if we could let it be known to companies that a boycott against their products was going to happen they they will not buy air time, and nbc will not play the movie.

#14 User is offline   missoula 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:35 PM

kicks, dont be in the movie. you are to nice for that

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users