• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 May 2003 - 08:45 PM

#2 User is offline   papags46 

• Pip

Posted 10 May 2003 - 11:16 PM

Jessefan,
Thank you for reminding people about this. Many here think she has visited this sight, but I doubt it. Maybe someday, but as we have learned, Jessica is very humble. She's not going to be searching for fans. Also, Pfc. Jessica Lynch needs to be treated as a hero with respect, not a celebrity lika an actor and artist. She is a soldier who risked who her life for America, and that's all we should treat her as. Plus a brave, caring, nice, pretty, young, courageous, etc, etc (I could go on forever) women.

P.S.- i have bad depression too

#3 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 10 May 2003 - 11:22 PM

in all honesty there is obsession, and compasion for her. we all have compasion towards her for what she has gone thru, and like all of u I will express it thru my ways, which is my art. Some people feel that they have to do that in more physical ways. In some cases its not good. Those people will get what they get, if Jessie sees any of my posts, or even responds to me it doesnt matter, the only reason I write here is to see how she is doing. If she likes what I design in honor of her, so be it, I`ll be happy, if not oh well.

We all have to realize that Jesse is still hurting, and really should be encouraging her to get better, not post stuff like this, I dont mean to offend anyone, but I really think posts like this arent needed, but I do agree with you Jessefan that there is people who are obsessed.

And if it is true and Jesse does have a laptop and can read this, I want her to know that she is a great person, and she should never take anything that is said on here to heart. I think she is very special, and I hope she lives a very good and productive life after is all said and done. Good Luck Jessie, you remain in my prayers.

FastALJr

#4 User is offline   gophergeorge 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2003 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (joseph @ May 10 2003, 11:07 PM)
PW could be a stalker. your article makes me wonder if that guy was on the right track. I wonder if there are more PWs.

to the PWs of the world..leave pvt lynch alone!

-----------------------------------

I changed my username to JetMaxx and EMAILED Scott Drake this afternoon and told him why. I also asked him to DELETE my "PerryWilliams" profile as a member of this forum.

As for "stalking" Pfc Lynch, your accusations are both absurd and repulsive. The only email I ever sent to the Lynch family was one on March 31st (when Pfc Lynch was still MIA), to an email address I saw in an online newspaper. I sent a short email to tell Jessica's family that MY FAMILY and I were praying for their daughters safety. I have NO INTENTION of ever emailing them againunless they email me first.

On April 29th, a member of Pfc Jessica Lynch's immediate family emailed me...to tell me my website was a "nice site", and to "keep up the good work". He also told me the woman claiming to be Dee's best friend and giving me medical updates was a fraud; that the info she told me was "close but no cigar" to the truth.

I replied and thanked him, and told him that I was continuing to pray for them. I have no interest in ever meeting Pfc Jessica Lynch, nor any member of her family UNLESS they request it. I have NO INTENTION of going to West Virginia at any time in the future UNLESS I'm invited by the family.

I didn't create that small website just in honor of Jessica Lynch...why I titled it "Jessica Lynch: Prayers Answered". It's also in honor of the power of prayer AND the brave men and women that rescued her....page two of the website is IN HONOR of ALL veterans; especially those MIA-POW and KIA.

My website is THANKING GOD for the miracle of Jessica still being alive -- NOT trying to bribe or stalk her. Anyone who looks at my site and sees anything close to perverted is a complete idiot...I went out of my way to make it honorable and respectful, to Pfc Lynch and her family. I created it to let her know we cared...NOT as some perverted stalker, but as a southern gentleman that was praying for her full recovery. Most of those names that signed the guestbook and get well board are either folks from West Virginia or MY FRIENDS and FAMILY.

BTW - I also offered to take Douglas County native and former POW Ron Young Jr and his parents to dinner if they choose to accept -- just to be a good neighbor...is that "stalking" to you? I spent three fustrating days trying to get Eric Horner added to the Celebrate America event here in Douglas County -- JUST because Ron's mother told me he was a big fan.

Kaye Young (Ron Jr's mom) INVITED my family and I to sit with them in the VIP seating at Friday evenings event -- I declined the offer and sat in the football field bleachers. Those VIP seats were meant for Ron's family, friends, neighbors, former classmates, the men and women that were there for them every day Ron was a POW -- not folks like me that did things on their behalf just to be nice. If I was a "stalker", I don't believe I'd have turned that offer down...do you??

joseph, you are apparently too clueless to know the difference between a nice guy and a stalker...and that is truly sad.
In all honesty, I think you are nothing but a troublemaker...a jealous loser that lacks the energy to do anything constructive and help others -- only hide behind a computer monitor; diss..call others names, and try your level best to destroy the reputations of those of us that do --

#5 User is offline   cody evans 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2003 - 02:23 AM

O boy, am I glad I couldn’t sleep again. I seemed to have stirred up a hornets nest!

Mr. Williams, I am very sorry that Nasty Joseph has turned my attempt to be helpful here
into a personal attack on you. I disassociated myself from his comments, and I am very
sorry that you have taken my comments as applying to you. I do not consider you stalker.
Your are a praiseworthy, honorable man who has created a extremely tasteful and well
ordered website where those who care about Pvt. Lynch can find refuge from the mud
and crud that always turns up on Yahoo and other unmonitored boards. For that you have
a place in all our hearts. I never intended the self test to be applied to you. You are the
founder of this site, and you know the principal people involved, who have
acknowledged your good work. In my book that puts you in the category of legitimately
knowing the people involved to start with. What you tried to do for Ron Young Jr and his
family was great. Just what would be expected of a Southern gentlemen. And I’m seeing
now that my being a city feller and a Yankee has given me a limiting sense of what a
legitimate interest in a near neighbor might be. Up here, if you even look cross-eyed at
the person who lives right next door to you, you can be considered a nosy poke. But I
recall, from my visits to relatives in North Carolina, that south of the Mason-Dixon,
legitimate neighborliness can be more spread out and more networked than up north.

I’m thinking now that maybe the second half of my post, the self-test, was half-assed and
unneeded. If I’d thought harder I’d have realized most of the people who come here and
stay here are sane people who care about Pvt. Lynch. But I kinda thought that with 1700
views on one of the topics, we might turn up one or two people who are not altogether
tightly wrapped, who might need to be brought up short a little.

But I still stand by the first part of my post. I did not mean to scare Pvt. Lynch with the
article. I just wanted to show that there very good and very serious reasons why Pvt.
Lynch might not respond to every letter or gift they she has received, and let her know
that we understood those reasons.

joseph, you are apparently too clueless to know the difference between a nice
guy and a stalker...and that is truly sad.
In all honesty, I think you are nothing but a troublemaker...a jealous loser that lacks the
energy to do anything constructive and help others -- only hide behind a computer
monitor; diss..call others names, and try your level best to destroy the reputations of those
of us that do --

Mr. Willians, I agree with you there 300%

#6 User is offline   gophergeorge 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:04 AM

jessefan, don't worry....as I just told you in an email, it's not your fault; I know why joseph attacked me...it's so obvious. I'm no internet newbie, and have been flamed on weather boards for the same reason = jealousy.

btw - in case anyone doubts my word and why I changed from my real name to JetMaxx, here's the email I sent to webmaster Scott Drake yesterday afternoon (copied/pasted, except for "bleeping" one word with ###).
-------------------------------------

Hey Scott,
I'm very sorry. I let my personal emotions overcome my common sense and posted two or three things on a thread I shouldn't have on the General Discussion board.   I was already hot at this "joseph" troll for calling me a crybaby on two different threads; then learned this morning the same Alabama idiot that made a threat to my baby sister about ten days ago did it again last night.

Just as before, he threatened to r#pe Beth and "make her hurt like Jessica Lynch". I lost my temper, and am truly sorry (I know he's reading this board -- because both times he told Beth "you're big brother better stop posting about Jessica Lynch before you end up just like her"). If you deem my posted comments innapropriate, by all means delete them; and if you prefer....I won't post ever on your forum again.

The primary reason I changed my username from PerryWilliams to JetMaxx was to lower the tension (I was becoming a lightning rod for trolls); and stop this kook that keeps calling my father''s home (dad is red-hot at me......and I can't really blame him -- I'm the reason it happened, and the reason the jerk knew my sisters first and last name).

You'll note I no longer list my website URL in my profile (I removed it from PerryWilliams last night). From now on, if I post.....it will be as JetMaxx (please delete PerryWilliams as a member of your forum).

Thanks and May God Bless,
Perry

#7 User is offline   Black-Hawk-Pilot 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2003 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (jessefan @ May 11 2003, 02:23 AM)
I do not consider you stalker.
Your are a praiseworthy, honorable man who has created a extremely tasteful and well
ordered website where those who care about Pvt. Lynch can find refuge from the mud
and crud that always turns up on Yahoo and other unmonitored boards. For that you have
a place in all our hearts.

We couldn't have said it better jessefan. We have personally spoken to Perry many times over the past week and he is in fact a loyal, caring American and family man. It is a shame there are people out there that take such great pleasure in stirring up trouble and causing pain to others. Perry - you are a good, kind man and we are proud to call you friend. Say hit to Granny and Auntie.

God bless you,

#8 User is offline   truethought88 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:58 AM

Some of you people do sound a bit scary! It's one thing to admire a person for what they have done or gone through, discuss some interesting topics and relate to your own experiences, but to expect or initiate a meeting with the same person or group of people when you really have no business doing so is more than a bit odd. PFC Lynch deserves just as much privacy as support she hopefully gets. Can you imagine if even half the people that are touched by her situation made an attempt to meet her or even contact her? I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially a young lady that needs to recuperate.

I'd suggest you all have your fun (including myself) discussing the interesting topics PFC Lynch's ordeal has brought to light, applaud, support, even make a donation if you can, but don't pester her about meetings, emails, phone calls or whatever.

Perry you are a strange dude!

#9 User is offline   missoula 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:05 AM

i never once said anything directly attacking perry's website, and i am definetally not one who is attacking his family. I mearly repeated what I saw simonsays post on this website, read jessfan's post and put 2 and 2 together. my only "attacks" have been in the the form of indirect alluding, until last night when jet identified himself.

i just see it strange that someone would post over and over again about how personal troubles, and repeat the same thing over and over from thread to thread. I've seen this before in the work place where people try to gain the symhathy of others. It was like a contest of who had the worst life. It got me sick and I had to leave that work place. i slao was offended somewhat by perry statement that 'no one cares more for jessica ' then him. or somethin like that. how dare he put himself at the top of the list of those who have feelings and compassion for her.

the only thing i have had disagreements on with perry was his self patronizing. ortherwise i feel he has added a lot of valuable information and insight to jessica. he only he could stick to the subject.

i another post i made today i requested that he stay and don't let me or anyone else try to run him off.

#10 User is offline   Patricia 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2003 - 11:04 AM

Lefty,
Tell me you're joking. Perry, a strange dude?!?!?!??Why, because he has a heart?? Because he can honestly feel something for someone other than himself???Because he's an HONEST person??? I don't get this.Please tell me you were just bein sarcastic, and not stupid.
Perry has stated that in no way he would seek to meet her.Sure, all of us would love to. Just to shake her hand . Say "thanks". Let's put it this way,...if you were in a restaraunt and she was there, would you walk up to her and shake her hand??Send over a drink?? Or just wave??
I have had the great luck to meet three of my childhood idols. John Lennon, Mickey Mantle, and Evel Knievel. Each time I did the same thing....Just shake thier hand and say "Thank you".Had the chance to do the same with Springsteen a number of times,..But I just get too nervous.
Please tell me you were just being sarcastic with Perry.
As far as "stalker" and the like,...that could happen to anyone.It's just not funny to even say that.Believe me, you people have no idea of what that is.I am very close to someone that was stalked.Just because she did a commercial or two, at one time.I've even ened up in handcuffs for beating this creep. It's not funny, or amusing at all to even jest about such a thing.Do you realize the charges that may be brought against you for even stating such a thing?? You're not funny, amusing, or even cute. Those were very serious accusations. And I take offense to it.( Of course, I have threatened to pummle some people here...so sue me. I'll win.I have a never used law degree. But a degree none the less)
So, things in this nature, even in jest,...are uncalled for. Unless you state that it is so.(Just joking..LOL..just a shot, buddy) Not funny. Not cute. SERIOUS S%*T!!

So, I hope this was in jest. If not,beware. I'm not taking this lightly anymore. People lives and reputations are on the line.Are you so stupid to think that a small web-site is safe to say ALL you want.? Guess again. And beleive it or not,..you can be found. Your very home address. WITHOUT the help of the webmaster.Be careful of what you say. Don't be the snake that turns around to bite its own tail.
No Left Turn
If I misrad you, or just didn't catch you point. Sorry. And feel free to PM me at any time to state your case.Same goes with anyone.

#11 User is offline   gophergeorge 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2003 - 12:19 PM

No Left Turn...
Where have I ever posted about wanted to meet Pfc Lynch or her family? It would be a tremendous honor, but not neccesary and not expected. If you honestly believe that's why I've ever posted here, or why I created a website; then you read me totally wrong. I've never called their home, nor do I intend to. Other than a quick email in support while Pfc Lynch was MIA, I've never emailed them...nor do I intend to. I have no plans to attend Jessica Lynch's West Virginia homecoming; no plans to visit the Mountaineer state.

I responded to an email from Jessica's older brother...but only to tell him I was praying for them, and to thank him for the kind words regarding my site -- I didn't ask for a meeting, nor any future contact. I don't know where you are from, but in suburban Atlanta, Georgia that's the way most of us are -- very friendly, polite and cordial...and that's all it is...being nice. Debby Horner called me Wednesday evening and we talked for over an hour...like an old friend from high school. I didn't know her until April 20th. Ask Eric is he afraid I'm a "stalker" after his wife? Ask Debby is she afraid of me, or questions my character.

There is a reason speaking with celebrities is "no big deal" to me...I've worked in EDS Provider Relations; one moment I'd speak by phone to a medicaid recipient living in poverty, the next it would be then Mississippi governer Kirk Fordyce seeking approval for a kidney transplant (for a medicaid patient).

I've never met a stranger in my life....am very outgoing, a people person. I don't apologize for it; I also don't apologize for having a big heart. If that makes me a bad guy, then so be it. Since 9/11 I've realized life is far too fragile and short to be anything but nice...to everyone at all times.

I deeply resent being referred to on a public forum as "strange". My IQ is 130 and at age 41 I have no criminal record; not even a speeding ticket. I'm on no medication other than for asthma. I'm the farthest thing from a stalker you'll ever meet; a courteous gentleman that has always treated all ladies as I want my mother and sisters treated...with honor and respect.

I don't care to post on this forum again, but cannot and will not stand by while I'm being slandered. No one would that values their reputation.

Yours Truly,
Perry L. Williams

#12 User is offline   Sea-Wolf 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:51 PM

My family and I are from England And rely on this site for info on how Jessica is doing, We have access only at weekends via my sisters PC, we have found that last weekend and now this one, whilst most posts on here are of a very positive nature some are truly disgusting. May I remind some of you that this site is for Jessica and her family, Not for us to bitch and and argue amongst ourselves about the what nots and where fores of Jessicas plight and who has the right story. No-one has the the True facts, Execpt Jessica, No one has the right to know the facts, execpt Jessica. And no one should know the facts unless Jessica wants them to When and if she is ready For them to know, also
How can anyone say that Mr Perry williams/Jetmaxx been anything else than a Gentleman and A true human being from his actions and words On this site.

Mr P williams , Please accept our opologies for troubling you when you was going througn such difficulties and our thanks for your grace in answering.
Our prayers are with you and yours and always with Jessica

Love Sean and family

#13 User is offline   truethought88 

• Pip

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:34 PM

Sorry for not answering more promptly, with Mothers Day and weekend family life I didn't have much spare time for web fun. What I was referring to with Perry Williams being a strange dude was not an accusation of stalking or for going over the emotional deep edge. Basically, when you post in a forum giving your opinion, stating facts (hopefully true facts), and just discussing topics everyone is usually given the benefit of the doubt that they are being honest. What struck me as very strange is for someone to change their forum nickname and then try to have everyone see them as a different person with a different demeanor and possibly opinion. I know this happens with people just trying to stoke a topic in any forum all the time, but to announce you are someone different and expect others to disregard anything you might have said before is real strange.

It is not for me to say who should or should not post to any forum which I have not started or moderate, I could not see a reason for telling a “PerryWilliams” to stay away, as this might be a venue to keep that person from truly becoming a stalker. As for changing your name, and your feelings or whatever your reason for the change was, does that mean any replies to your PerryWilliams posts are irrelevant also? Why even discuss something with a Jetmaxx if you know once things get over the edge it all meant nothing anyway?

#14 User is offline   gophergeorge 

• Pip

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:46 PM

No Left Turn, I offer my humble apologies. I also p.m.'d an apology to joseph this morning.

I HAVE made mistakes on this forum, and will be the first to admit it. I've posted too much, and told too much of what I was told; and about my own family and life. If we were able to see each other...facial expressions, and see intent, it would be much different than words typed on a forum. That's one thing I really like about storm2k....we have a chat gallery; where members can send their photos for others to see, so others can match the name with a face, and know it's a human being with real emotions and feelings.

I've reread many of my posts, and realize why some could have easily been misintepreted my intent, especially folks from outside the south. In Georgia & Tennessee (and apparently West Virginia), referring to a 19 or 23 year old female as a "pretty (or cute) little country girl" is meant and understood as a compliment...in some areas of America I've learned it's taken as offensive and very demeaning.

I say this in total honesty...if your wife, sister, or daughter breaks down on the freeway, I'm the gentleman you'd better hope is passing by...because I NEVER fail to contact 911 and tell them it's a lady in distress and send help ASAP. I've sat in my car outside a restaurant or conveience store on more than one occasion because a "bad guy or guys" entered as I was leaving, and I knew there were women alone inside. I refused to leave until I knew they were safe (I've also called the cops a few times because I felt a robbery was imminent, or a lady employee was being harrassed).

I also know what a real stalker is, and how terrifying they are. One made a bad habit of leaving roses and other gifts on my oldest sister's car when her senior year in college; would leave strange messages on her answering maching, and with her sorority sisters. This guy was a real creep..and we never did find out who he was. Even two years later, we hired security at her wedding/ reception...just in case the bozo showed up to cause trouble.

I've recieved four e-mails since my site went online that alarmed me; guys asking for information far too personal...things I don't even know about my own sisters. I replied to all four if they ever emailed me again I'd turn then in to their ISP.
Yes, there are a few twisted people out there, guys that are dangerous -- I don't happen to be one of them.

My posts on this forum from now on will be few and far between, and far different than many previous ones I've made. I'm not arguing with anyone over Pfc Lynch's hero status or how her injuries occurred. Her family and friends knows I consider her a brave hero regardless of how they occurred.

Again, I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding between myself and others on this forum. My change of names wasn't meant to mislead or fool anyone; and my honest apologies if it did. I felt for my safety, and especially my family's, it was a prudent move to make (the second obscene phone call to my dad's house was the motivation).

Sincerely,
Perry Williams

#15 User is offline   Viper_Pilot 

• Pip

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:19 PM

If I may say this:
I don't really know if this is true are not, I don't know because I don't want to meet Pvt. Lynch, but maybe the other people who want to meet her because they want to show their gradatude to her.
Or maybe not.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users