Jessica Lynch Forums: Jessica's Video Interview On Pbs Outlook - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jessica's Video Interview On Pbs Outlook

#1 User is offline   patience 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

During this interview, Jessica expresses some issues that she does have concerning the role of the military in the aftermath of her capture and the circulated news stories. This interview took place after her testimony in Congress.

3rhUNE1DaJw

#2 User is offline   mainzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:41 PM

I don't know if others got the same impression that I got from watching the interview, but it looks like Jessica is just about sick and tired of trying to explain herself to the media and people concerning her ordeal in Iraq over the past four years.

#3 User is offline   Dilligafst 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

Matt: Thanks for putting that link up. It was interesting to watch. I agree with Mainzman about her being sick and tired of trying to explain herself and live down the myth that was created about her in order to lend inspiration to the nation at the time, but she is also more accepting of it, resigned to it, and even coming a little against those that did it to her. What also was interesting is now how she is beginning to come to grips with and try to understand what happened in those between the accident and the hospital. As a surviver of a sexual assault myself I can understand how it takes a long time to begin to face what happened then try to figure it out.

Whoops, I meant Patience but had just read a post of Matt's and it stuck in my mind. Sorry about that.

#4 User is offline   mainzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

From the tone in Jessica's voice during the interview, she sounds tired. My advice to Jessica is this, don't feel you have to sit for another routine interview with a story hungry media just to be confronted the same questions you have been answering for the past four years. Learn from the past and look toward the future!

#5 User is offline   Matt Wiser 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for putting that link up, patience. Jessica did a nice job in the interview, and she did point out one thing: she "wants to know" what happened in that "missing time." Jessica also wants to know what she did to deserve a Bronze Star: well all the former POWs got one, and she fully deserves it for surviving captivity and especially for successfully resisting that attempt to amputate her leg.

Btw, did anyone notice in the "comments" section below both parts of the interview who was posting? If youtube has a way to report any malicious comments, they'd better know who it was who posted those....I thought we were rid of that skunk for good. I would imagine in the other youtube links about Jessica, he's there too.

Btw, Newsweek's trying to get the CENTCOM IG report on the BBC's "Staged Rescue" accusations declassified.
Treat everyone you meet with kindness and respect, but always have ready a plan to kill them.

Old USMC Adage

#6 User is offline   patience 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(Matt Wiser @ May 22 2007, 09:17 PM) View Post

Btw, Newsweek's trying to get the CENTCOM IG report on the BBC's "Staged Rescue" accusations declassified.

I read the article which states that the investigators working for the committee (Waxman), did identify a military source who spoke on the record, early on, about the reports of Jessica's supposed fighting during the ambush. He was asked to testify at the hearing but had another commitment, unfortunately, as he could have helped to clarify some of the misleading information.
``We do have very strong indications that Jessica Lynch was not captured very easily,'' he said. ``Reports are that she fired her (M-16 rifle) until she had no more ammunition.''
http://pressconnects.gannettonline.com/gns...403-19986.shtml
This was written in 03.
The next link is current information on the subject.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18368821/site/newsweek/

When I read all these articles, I'm reminded of a
joke, attributed to Ronald Reagan, where a hopeful boy is dealing with a large pile of manure. When asked why he is so insistent about digging the pile with such enthusiasm, the boy replies that with such a pile there "must be a pony in there somewhere." Peggy Noonan wrote this in her book, the name of which I do not recall. She was a speech writer for Pres. Reagan.

#7 User is offline   tekteam26 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:04 PM

[quote name='patience' date='May 23 2007, 04:03 PM' post='14269']
[quote name='Matt Wiser' post='14268' date='May 22 2007, 09:17 PM']

[/quote]

I read the article which states that the investigators working for the committee (Waxman), did identify a military source who spoke on the record, early on, about the reports of Jessica's supposed fighting during the ambush. He was asked to testify at the hearing but had another commitment, unfortunately, as he could have helped to clarify some of the misleading information.
``We do have very strong indications that Jessica Lynch was not captured very easily,'' he said. ``Reports are that she fired her (M-16 rifle) until she had no more ammunition.''
http://pressconnects.gannettonline.com/gns...403-19986.shtml
This was written in 03.
The next link is current information on the subject.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18368821/site/newsweek/

Having read those same classified reports that so strongly indicated that Jessi had fought to the last bullet, I get a bit irritated when the press and the politicians get all bent out of shape when they are the ones who were most responsible for jumping the gun and heavily publicizing the "female Rambo" story before all of the facts were in.

#8 User is offline   Matt Wiser 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:51 PM

Dilligfast, were you referring to the CBS piece by David Martin?
Treat everyone you meet with kindness and respect, but always have ready a plan to kill them.

Old USMC Adage

#9 User is offline   patience 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:34 AM

name='tekteam26' date='May 23 2007, 10:04 PM' post='14271']
name='patience' date='May 23 2007, 04:03 PM' post='14269']
name='Matt Wiser' post='14268' date='May 22 2007, 09:17 PM']

[b]Btw, Newsweek's trying to get the CENTCOM IG report on the BBC's "Staged Rescue" accusations declassified.

Having read those same classified reports that so strongly indicated that Jessi had fought to the last bullet, I get a bit irritated when the press and the politicians get all bent out of shape when they are the ones who were most responsible for jumping the gun and heavily publicizing the "female Rambo" story before all of the facts were in.

Tekteam,
That was my point : just another way of saying it like it is, and that being, it's another way for the politicians and their hacks, to score political points with a presidential election on the horizon.

#10 User is offline   Matt Wiser 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:28 PM

And did anyone notice the West Virginia Congresscritters saying that they weren't the ones pressing for the military to award Jessica the Medal of Honor? Seems they were falling over themselves to deny it, but when the requests are coming via the congressional liasions to DOD....

Old USMC Adage

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users