• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Little Thought For All Just something for people to think about

#1 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2003 - 02:07 AM

tonight as I read all the posts, on here I sat back with a tear in my eye thinking that we are all good people, why cant we all just get along. Jessica if she has seen this prolly has mixed feelings about all of us. I wouldnt be surprised if she isnt mad at some of us. I dont blame her. Hell I can be put in that group that cares too much, but its not because I am a bad person, its because I have a big heart.

I also learned a harsh reality about life tonight. My grandmother has been suffering a great deal for the past year, as of late she was in the hospital. Well she passed away this morning. sad.gif

As you would all think these past weeks, have been really hard, on me, my dad, and the rest of the immediate family. I kinda know how Jessica`s parents felt, for that week, not knowing what was going to happen, then getting the relief that she was ok. For a moment I feel the same way, my gram suffered a great deal, and to me deep down this is a relief to finally see her at peace. At the same time it tears me up knowing that I was never the best grandson, and wish I could turn back the clock, knowing I never will get to see her again to tell her the way I felt.

I guess what I`m trying to say is that we are all placed here on earth for only a short time. Why waste that time, fighting amungst each other. Jessica was given back to us, she was given that second chance, but yet instead of encouraging her, we fight amungst ourselves, about things that are meaningless. Things that wont hurt any of us, but will hurt Jessica.

We should cherish every moment we have, with whoever, I`m sure her parents, will for the rest of their lives. I only wish I had that chance, the chance that I could have been there more for my grandmother.

my prayers remain with Jessica, as well as my departed gram.

Alan Mostek Jr

#2 User is offline   cody evans 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:35 AM

I have already had some time to consider this and I have somewhat of a consideration
from a Christian perspective, at least.

Lets step back a minute and look at the forum. What is the forum about? To honor Pvt.
Lynch (and yes the other POWs, and all our servicemembers). But why do we honor Pvt.
Lynch? Because of some stories that she fired her weapon until the last round? Because
she was gravely injured, even through there are other young women who have suffered
even greater injuries and indignities? Because she decided to put on a uniform, even
though many other women have decided to put on a uniform? Actually I think there is an
even more fundamental reason why we honor her. I believe it is because of the same thing
that Boaz saw in young Ruth: “for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a
virtuous woman.” (Ruth 3:11). It was virtue that made Pvt. Lynch make the decisions
that she made that eventually resulted in her being confronted with evil and overcoming it.

Now, lets think about a related matter. What, amongst Christians, would be the greatest
celebration of virtue there can be? The answer is the Church, Christ’s body on earth.
Because it is a celebration of Christ’s virtue. It started out in its original form in “the unity
of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4:3). But it eventually ended up
with an apostle being excommunicated from his own church. (3 John 1:9 “I wrote to the
church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will have nothing to do with us.”). This was
something the Apostle Paul predicted would happen in time. (“I know that after I leave,
savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own
number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.”
Acts 20:29-30). And then it split up into hundreds of denominations and traditions, all
competing with each other and being nasty to each other.

If some of us as humans beings of the Christian religion have failed to honorably celebrate
the virtue of Christ, how shall we not fail generally as humans in honorably celebrating
the virtue of a young woman? In both these attempts we shall be, from time to time, be
like The Three Stooges.

Alan:

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious
to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Amen.

#3 User is offline   gophergeorge 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:26 AM

Alan, I'm so very sorry about your grandmother sad.gif

I offer my humble condolences, and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless You,
Perry Williams

#4 User is offline   FIREMAN 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:51 AM

Alan;

My condolences on your loss. Perhaps that helped to bring a needed perspective to this board...a slap in teh face to the rest of us.

#5 Guest_Signmaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 May 2003 - 10:35 AM

Alan,

I too am sorry for your grandmother's passing. she obviously meant a great deal to you.

You delivered a very powerful message that I think all of us should remember.

I have also been in the position where I wished I would have said more or done things a little bit differently. But as you said, we can't turn back the clock and should cherish every moment we have with whomever we're with. I have always found that hard to do but I have grown since coming to this board.

I came to this forum to get information on Jessi and I have found more here than anywhere else. But I came to realize that really wasn't why I came and stayed. As a 55-year old male who had never cried for anybody my entire adult life, I could have counted the times I had wept (2-3 seconds) on one hand. Yet when I read or heard things about Jessi, I wept frequently. I still weep occasionally, but now I find when I look into that smiling face...I smile back...as if she was really there.

I think Jessi's situation triggered something deep inside each of us. She has been the key that unlocked the tears that I didn't shed for myself and others over the years. I don't know why that happened but I'm glad it did. So, I could say all day long that I am here for Jessi and information about her but the truth is I'm here for me. Don't get me wrong...I will always remember and respect Jessica Lynch.

I also think that is why alot of us stay. Each time we make a post, we show a glimpse of ourselves to others. Some are angry, some are religious, some want to talk about details, and so on. Usually, when arguments have occured, it is over criticism of another person's message. The guy or gal writes a message that they feel is important, somebody else reads it and reacts to it based on their experience. Then they send out a response and either praise the original posting or degrade it. If it is negative, the original sender sees it as a personal attack (which it may be), both sides get offended and off they go...fussin' and feudin'. Although it would be nice if we all behaved logically or rationally, I doubt that will happen quickly, if ever. Like it or not, we are all human and not perfect.

However, I have been encouraged the last few days over what I've seen in this thread and others. People in several sections are posting simliar messages. Some are apologizing for their behavior. I have also noticed that many more people are putting their names at the end of what they write. I think that's a good sign.

This members of this forum have become a family of sorts. I think all of us have "adopted" Jessi as our child, sister, hero, or whatever we've needed her to be. As with any "family", we will share our love, respect, and admiration for each other, but we will also squabble and say hurtful things as well.

I am sorry that Jessi has been put in this position but she has. I hope she will understand.

Again Alan, thanks for a most thoughtful message,

Emil

#6 User is offline   papags46 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2003 - 10:51 AM

I am very sorry about your grandmother. But now she can rest in peace. Life is too short. All of you guys made out good points. Real encouraging stuff. The last messageboard I was on was really cool at first. Then bad people came on and started screwing everything up. The owner of the board then decided to close it due to our behavior. But their was a lot of cool and nice people. Just those few jerks caused a big stir. Hopefully this won't happen here. Jessica has a lot of good messages to look at for support. Keep it up.

God bless everybody, good and the bad

#7 User is offline   Patricia 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:36 PM

Alan,I too am very sorry for your loss.

I am also one that has gotten way out of hand in expressing my views.Sometimes I can be down right crude.And I'm sorry about that. But I've reacted to things out of personal expieriance.Not out of being a mean spirited person.One little battle I had here was about the renaming of a Peak.I'm part Native American,..I took it from that point of view. With this topic, I lost my daughter when she was 7, I do get rather angry to think that if she were here today people would be telling her what she can,or can't,should or shouldn't do.Hence, my attitide. But you're all right. And I know that I shouldv'e tried to get my point across without being threatening or crude.I will pay more attention to that from here on out. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll still rattle my cage now and then, just not as violent.
Thank you for that post, Signmaker.
Zacc1
Nick Zaccone

#8 Guest_Signmaker_*

Posted 13 May 2003 - 04:00 PM

Nick,

A very good thoughtful post. It probably was hard for you to do. It would have been for me.

Thank you for that post, Signmaker.

I'm glad you found it helpful. I'm just trying to figure it all out myself. Even I don't understand me sometimes. But I'm workin' on it!

Emil

#9 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:40 PM

Hey Nick,

My condolences to you and your loved ones on the lost of Gram. I have no living grandparents and I miss them. However...I live in what was there house, and I'm being serious here, if you are interested, email me and I'll tell you why we think my grandfather's spirit hug around here until my grandmother passed away. No joking! ohmy.gif

#10 User is offline   perilousgirl 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2003 - 09:06 PM

My prayors are with you and your family Fastaljr. I personally know how you feel i lost two grandmothers. one my dad's mother and the other my great grandmother form my mom's side. and there are thing i two whish i could go back and say.

As for Jessica, I agree we should get along with each other. We may have our differences in opionions. But that is what America is about, groups of people may publicley share their belifes. In fact i know wish i read this thread before a posted a rebuttel on the obbsesed fan post. But it is verey un American for us to critize people for their belifes, you may not aggree with them, on the otherhand however they may dissagree with your beleifes. and to quote FDR
Amarica is Freedom of Speach. Freedom of Religon. and Freedom of Want. and if you are reading this Jessica, if you have any fearors of recuporation , physical therorpy, occupational theropy and how life will be different for you and any Post dramatic Stress Disorder, may I quote FDR once again The onley thing we have to fear is fear its self.

#11 User is offline   perilousgirl 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2003 - 09:14 PM

Not only is it Un-American to critise others for their belifes. It is also Very Un-American to critizise others because of their looks, religon, ethnic backround or their. Here are my thauhgts

In sociaty we look more on the outside than the inside which is more important when choosing social icons and companions. you see this happen everyday in star search recentley a person who clealey sang better didn't win because they didn't have the looks. its time to make a revelution on looking on the inside of a person first then the outside. some have good looks and a good nature by being pleasent to be around. so many people are left off the wagon because they don't have the looks, but they can be the nicest person you ever will meet.we must stop this persona of good looks and the average taboo.
we need to look at a person on the inside before looking at the outside. you are still a human no matter if you are thin or fat prety or average. black, or white, oriental, or hispanic or middle eastren. no matte what you look like on the outside it is who you are on the inside that counts. America was built on forigeners and it is what makes this countrey. We need to stop hating people because of their religion, or the color of their skin, or their sexual prefferance they are still people. if we keep judgeing people their outside we will fall as a sociaty. infact this is probablly led to the fall of many acient civiliations. we should NEVER judge a person by his skin.

#12 User is offline   pingersgal 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2003 - 09:29 PM

My condolesence to you and yours. I don't post too often here, and I hardly ever get a reponse when I do. Thanks for reminding us as to what our purpose on this forum is. I sent a note to Jettmaxx about the poll he is taking. A good poll, but I don't come to Jessica-lynch.com to hear or share about other hero's. I also am one who is reluctant to allow myself to declare very many people a hero, lest I discount the word. I don't mind reading about the thoughts people have on their other hero's but, for me this forum is about Jessica.

I enjoy reading about you folks praising God, using scripture, and saying nice things. I like it when you share your feelings, goings on, and life stuff. It helps me to let me know that I'm OK.

To me, it is not so much just one thing that has made Jessica as a hero. As many of you have so eloquently stated it is the story of Jessica. Her family, her dreams, her community, her best friend in the army, her rescue, her face that showed so much pain and fright, and there is a little bit of that what all happened to her.

I previously had asked that Scanner2 would police the site to keep the jerks from posting. He has since started doing that and I am glad. I don't need any trouble, I don't need any more reasons to think negative thoughts. I just like to share on a positive note. Just as I hear you all wanting to do.

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for your words, and thanks for this site.

There is a scripture I want to share on this thread:
Psalms 116:15
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

#13 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:44 AM

Thank you for all your kind words, my Family appreciates it. The next few days will be hard, for us, they are already hectic, that why I didnt get a chance to post until tonight. I felt we needed to all step back and think about things. To clear our minds.

I hope Jessica knows that above all we want her to get better, as quickly as possible, she is a gift to us all. She was given a second chance at living her life. As I stated earlier we should thank god for all those including Jessica, that came home, others still remain forever on patrol. She may have been a stranger to us all in the past, but spiritually we have all reached out and become friends. We are truly the family that was spoke of in an earlier post. We have all come together in the aide of a hero, who thinks most likely to herself that she isnt anything close to a hero. I know deep down we all want to go and hug her and tell her she is a hero, but knowing we cant, this board is our way, the way to give her that hug, a hug with words persay. I have had many hardships in my life, and I have alot things that I truly never spoke of publicly, such as something as personal as a passing of a loved one. The only way I have found that I can truly express what I truly feel deep down is thru my craft, my art. Hopefully when I am finished, you will all appreciate my work, as well as Jessica, as the piece I`m doing now, may it be only a car body, but it comes from my heart, as well as the prayers I say every night, hoping that Jessi will make a full recovery, soon.

Thank you all again for the kind words, they truly mean a lot to me.

as always my prayers are with you Jessi, and my departed loved one.

#14 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:57 AM

Alan,
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mother last year and know what you are going through. Keep your chin up. Time heals all. You and your family are in my prayers.

Marvin
fixitmhn

#15 User is offline   scanner2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (FASTALJR @ May 13 2003, 03:07 AM)
I also learned a harsh reality about life tonight. My grandmother has been suffering a great deal for the past year, as of late she was in the hospital. Well she passed away this morning. sad.gif

FASTALJR I am sorry to hear of your loss, I do know how you feel as I lost my mother a year ago this May 23rd. I wish you and your family well.

Scott Drake
WebMaster
http://www.jessica-lynch.com
http://www.pfcjessicalynch.us
http://www.welcomehomejessica.com
http://www.americasbravest.us
Regards,

Scott Drake
Webmaster

USDCServers.net We give you a solution, Not just a Plan! We have Ensim cPanel and Plesk Dedicated Servers Available!

<!--sizeo:2--><!--/sizeo-->Need to Register a Domain Name at a Low Price or in Need of SSL Certificates at Low Prices, Click Here

Need a Web Site? We Can Help there too, Just Click Here for more information<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

IPB Image
2008 MS Walk, if you would like to Donate just click on this link

Marines In The Garden Of Eden, The first book to tell the entire story

IPB Image
Marines in the Garden of Eden

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users