• You cannot reply to this topic

I Am Finally Back

#1 User is offline   scanner2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:34 PM

Hi Folks,

It has been a little while since I announced that Ernest Martinez from The Piestewa Memorial Committee sent me a large collection of CD's and DVD's with mostly never before seen Pictures and Video's from the Lori Piestewa Memorial from 2004 through 2007.

I was almost done with the editing and converting when I lost my first hard drive which was ok because all my work was on a different hard drive since I always run 2 hards drives, one just for windows and another for all my work. Well then Murphys Law kicked in and the work drive died a week later and yes I lost everything that I did up to that point.

After replacing the drive and re-installing all my many graphics and video programs I am back to work on the Picture's and Video's and now have a third drive that everything will be copied to every night automatically or I can manually do it when I want. I have lost a lot of time and money as I also had design jobs I was doing and lost all that and the customers too sad.gif

I am hoping to start getting things online in the next couple of weeks and hopfully pick up somemore Hosting and Design customers since my wife lost her job on Feb 5th and as you can imagine with all my medications for MS and no Health Insurance funds are low.

Anyway it is hard to believe that it has been 5 years since the 507th Ambush, I have changed the way sign ups are handled now to protect the board from the crazies and the Adult Entertainment posters. Now I have to approve any new members, so if you know of someone that is trying to sign up please email or PM me their information so they do not get deleted.

Well I better get back to work, I still have files to copy over and get started on.

Regards,

Scott Drake
Webmaster

USDCServers.net We give you a solution, Not just a Plan! We have Ensim cPanel and Plesk Dedicated Servers Available!

<!--sizeo:2--><!--/sizeo-->Need to Register a Domain Name at a Low Price or in Need of SSL Certificates at Low Prices, Click Here

Need a Web Site? We Can Help there too, Just Click Here for more information<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

IPB Image
2008 MS Walk, if you would like to Donate just click on this link

Marines In The Garden Of Eden, The first book to tell the entire story

IPB Image
Marines in the Garden of Eden

#2 User is offline   Matt Wiser 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

Glad to see you're still truckin'. It is hard to believe that it's been five years. Any info as to whether or not the audio/video will be savable as MPEG or AVI files?
Treat everyone you meet with kindness and respect, but always have ready a plan to kill them.

Old USMC Adage

#3 User is offline   Dilligafst 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:59 PM

I know how that feels, scanner. It happened to me last year. Lost everything -- job, insurances, retirement, everything, in one swoop of some manager's decision to cut me out and save on their budget and get a promotion. In the meantime, there are no jobs because we have shipped everything that can be carried off to Asia, there is no national health insurance program, and it makes you wonder exactly what all this war is supposed to be about when conditions at home are deteriorating as almost as bad as in Iraq. I managed to get health insurance for a year anyway and am still looking for a job, working part time, and trying to land something full-time, trying to make ends meet with bits of writing, and, all-in-all, this country needs a dramatic change. Good luck, Scanner. Know how it feels:) And in an irony to parallel yours, I also had a hard drive crash on my computer. It was a new one, and just went down. LOL. Luckily, I had everything saved onto thumb drives. Those saved me from the excessive use of many four-lettered words:) LOL. Good luck, man.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users