• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Welcome Back Redux

#1 User is offline   ray allen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

First of all, a belated welcome back.

During my enlistment, my supervisor told me stories of his M16 repeatedly jamming in hostile environments, and impressed upon me the necessity of keeping it scrupulously clean. He also told me which weapon I should choose in those same hostile environments.

It appears that the DOD has yet to fix the jamming issue, which would explain why both your weapon and the weapons of the other members of your unit jammed.

I also recall some ...insecure men telling me that women were incapable of being soldiers.

You'll be happy to hear that an Israeli tank commander exchange student (about your size) changed their minds because of her combat experience during the (1973) Yom Kippur war.

Thanx for listening to my ramblings.

I hope that life continues to treat you well, and I was pleased to learn that you had honored your friend Lori Piestewa when you named your daughter.

IF you ever make it to Indianapolis, the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art may be of interest to you as a way to teach your daughter about her namesakes history.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users