Jessica Lynch Forums: U.s. Official Speaks On Iraqi Doctors - Jessica Lynch Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

U.s. Official Speaks On Iraqi Doctors T.V. appearance to reveal new info

#1 Guest_redfalcon_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 May 2003 - 02:59 PM

I just heard that an officer in the U.S. army will be on The O'Reilly Factor on Fox tonight to share his opinions and some new info regarding the Iraqi doctor's claims that rescuing PFC Lynch wasn't necessary.
The most intcredible thing I heard him say was that the ambulance driver's who were"returning" Miss.Lynch,were never shot at.And that in fact when they reached an army checkpoint ,they did not have her,but offered to sell the info on her location for $10,000 in hard currency and were sent away empty handed because the U.S. already was planning to rescue her.
I unfortunetly do not have cable.If someone can watch this show and write about it here I would appreciate it.

May God Bless you all smile.gif

#2 Guest_tekteam26_*

Posted 16 May 2003 - 05:08 PM

I am not surprised at all at this report. The whole ambulance story sounded phony from the very beginning. If they were really serious about delivering Jessi to American lines, the ambulance driver would have stopped short of the checkpoint, walked to it with his hands in the air with a note in English explaining that Jessi was in the ambulance. As far as I am concerned and based on the information that I have learned, the Iraqi doctors at Saddam Hospital are trying to create a cover story to prevent them from being charged with war crimes in connection to the torture and abuse of Jessi. I will be watching.....

Jerry

#3 Guest_LesterB_*

Posted 16 May 2003 - 05:58 PM

Well,...go figure...

#4 Guest_hols_*

Posted 16 May 2003 - 07:37 PM

I heard that report to on fox and friends this morning as well. I think the real question that needs to be answered id how did saddam bath party official that were holding her treated her not how the doctors treated her unless it is found out in the furture they tortured her although i don't believe they treated as well as they would like us to believe. time will tell though. smile.gif tongue.gif

#5 Guest_dilligafst_*

Posted 16 May 2003 - 09:34 PM

I agree with tekteam about the ambulance driver. When was that O'Reilly factor on? Will it be on again? Would like to see it. Something never sounded right about taking a woman as critically banged up as she was and driving her six miles or whatever over rough roads, then turning back because they got fired at once.

The accounts of the Iraqi docs stumble over themselves in confusions and contradictions. Yet, in general, I do not believe that their accounts are all erroneous. Does anyone know anything different?

#6 User is offline   atomeye 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2003 - 05:49 AM

WELL.

#7 Guest_tekteam26_*

Posted 17 May 2003 - 06:15 AM

I am quite certain that the Iraqi doctors in that hospital did not treat Jessi nearly as well as they claim. In fact, I strongly suspect that doctors from this hospital actively assisted in Jessi's torture and have done much to make her captivity a living hell. It's no wonder that Jessi told her rescuers "Please don't leave me behind...."

Jerry

#8 Guest_hols_*

Posted 17 May 2003 - 08:20 AM

It wasn't on the o'reilly factor it was on fox and friends friday morning and i doubt they are going to replay it but you never know.

#9 User is offline   cody evans 

• Pip

Posted 17 May 2003 - 11:35 AM

what was the actual content of that show? I missed it.

#10 Guest_hols_*

Posted 17 May 2003 - 01:05 PM

I just caught the tail end of the story but i think what i got from it was they told the iraqi doctors side of what happened and the host of fox and friends commented on how the iraqi doctors story sounded a little suspcious. They also had a col.( i believe) on not sure if he is retired or how he knows this information and he is the one that told the story about the ambulence if i remeber correctly. smile.gif

#11 Guest_redfalcon_*

Posted 17 May 2003 - 03:54 PM

The colonel who made his comments on Fox and Friends was supposed to appear on The O'Reilly Factor.But for unknown reasons O'Reilly had to have a substitute stand in for him and the colonel was not interviewed on the show.
But maybe there is a way to get hold of transcripts from the Fox and Friends show?
I had another thoght too regarding the doctor's story.In several versions written in the papers,the doctors claimed that the americans surrounded the hospital in tanks.As I recall the whole rescue was conducted by air asault...helicopters only.I think the doctor's are just trying to make the army look as bad as possible,and cover their own behinds at the same time.
Just my opinion.

May God Bles you all smile.gif

#12 User is offline   pingersgal 

• Pip

Posted 17 May 2003 - 05:49 PM

Blackhawk sure does have a lot of nice things to say! And Blackhawk is a good listener that knows how to keep the thread going. Well said, Blackhawk!

I agree with the posters on this thread. There is something wrong with the reports from Saddam Hospital, and the ambulance deal. I am somewhat confused as to why so many medias pickup on what they have to say, and ignore, or perhaps call a lie what CentCom reported? Sounds like war crime cover-up with much media help??????

Again I ask, just what made Mohammed travel all of those miles, risk his life, and go against his country? What did he see? I am thankful he did what he did, and he is pretty great in my book.

#13 Guest_redfalcon_*

Posted 19 May 2003 - 08:39 PM

I found a link to the transcript to the interview with Colonel David Hunt.

www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2003/cyb20030519.asp#4

I hope the link works.I'm not exactly a computer programmer.
I think he makes some interesting points,myself.

May God Bless you all smile.gif

#14 User is offline   cody evans 

• Pip

Posted 19 May 2003 - 09:03 PM

Good dredge, Redfalcon! smile.gif Really capital stuff.

#15 User is offline   denmark 

• Pip

Posted 20 May 2003 - 06:38 AM

Redfalcon - You are awesome great find. I have always liked Col Hunt and his reports during the war were the most accurate I saw.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users