• You cannot reply to this topic

Artist Visits Troops Uplifting and heart-warming article

#1 User is offline   patience 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:25 AM

user posted image
Artist Thomas Kinkade presents a copy of his painting "Coming Home" to United Service Organizations Director Elaine Rogers (left) following a tour of the National Naval Medical Center, at Bethesda, Md. A copy of the painting was also presented to the medical center. Kinkade visited injured sailors and Marines and their families at the hospital

With all the anger "blowing in the wind" today, how nice to find this poignant and heart-warming article.
http://www.americasupportsyou.mil/americas...526&SectionID=1
After visiting the injured servicemembers, Kinkade said their desire to return to their units inspired him to continue what he's doing to try to bring some joy to servicemembers.

"I have a vision, as yet unrealized, that I want to find a way to send a miniature copy of 'Heading Home' to every soldier serving overseas," he said. "We can take this painting and send it as a gift from an artist who has not been there physically, but I'm with those guys in spirit."

#2 User is offline   Laracroft 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:50 PM

This is so cool!!! I hope he can send a painting to all service members serving overseas. I would like One also I wonder if he will sell them. I hope so thanks patience for the article

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users