Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Iraqi Man's Sponsors Statement Why Mohammed & Jessica didn't meet

#1 User is offline   nurse 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2003 - 12:16 PM

On Thursday, Oct. 30, the Charleston Daily Mail carried the following statement:

Headline: Iraqi man's sponsors back Lynch decision

The local group "Friends of Mohammed," which sponsored a West Virginia visit by the Iraqi man who helped rescue Pfc. Jessica Lynch, has issued a statement supporting Lynch's decision not to meet the man during his time in the state. This is their statement:

"Jessica Lynch is a young soldier living with horrible injuries and memories. Meeting Mohammed al-Rehaief, her Iraqi rescuer, would bring back many feelings and thoughts.
Jessica's mother had sent word just days before Mohammad and his family arrived that Jessica was 'not ready.' Mohammed understood this, but chose to go ahead and come to West Virginia and keep his planned meetings with West Virginians.
Mohammed and his family asked that we be patient with Jessica Lynch while she heals. He understands that her family must protect and support her at this time."

End of statement.

It would seem that all concerned were trying to protect Jessica's privacy re: her emotional well-being by saying she was too busy to meet with him. How sad that self-appointed critics didn't let it go at that. Now she will probably be asked in one or more of her interviews why she didn't meet with Mohammed. Just one more stressor that I am quite sure she doesn't need.

#2 User is offline   lanieer416 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 03 November 2003 - 07:12 AM

I wish that the "Friends of Mohammed" had sent that response to some of the major newspapers like USA Today. I have seen some very negative letters from people printed in those papers. It would have been nice if they had asked those papers for equal time. Unfortunately a nice idea was turned into an embarrasement for the Lynch's. Maybe next time they will clear things like this with the Lynchs' so Jessica doesn't get hurt in all this. I think she also has gone through enough negativity. I don't know who the head of that organization is but the next time they defend the Lynch family I hope it's a little louder than a whisper.

#3 User is offline   Kicks 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2003 - 08:46 PM

I have seen some very negative letters from people printed in those papers.

You ought to see some of the emails I have been receiving since then...Sheesh! It's amazing how cruel people can be. I've started just deleting them as soon as I get an indication its another hate mail. No use throwing gas on a fire, even if it's a fire without a spark of sense. blink.gif

So any of you hate-mongers out there that plan on emailing me when you read this...don't waste your time. I've got a quick delete finger! ohmy.gif

#4 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2003 - 03:04 PM

If Mohammad was that concerned with Jessica's feelings, she'll have a GREAT friend in him when she is emotionally able to meet him! What a guy!

#5 User is offline   Dilligafst 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2003 - 11:29 PM

Kicks:

Man, where is all this hate mail? I've missed out on it and have been on these boards here all along. I have not got a whisper of hate mail -- at least for being on here. As an ex-journalist I get it from other venues. Glad, I missed it all.

#6 User is offline   FutureNavyLady 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2003 - 10:42 PM

Jeeica will have a great friend in him, Anyhow, I red she plans to have privete meeting with Mohammad. I won't mind meeting him myself. biggrin.gif

#7 User is offline   FutureNavyLady 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2003 - 05:51 PM

Hmmmmmmm!

Some people cope with there ordeals in diffrent ways, I believe the way Jessie is handling it in a way she think is dealing with it.

When, I deal with issues that has to do with people being killed in front me, I will make a smart-ass remark. Some think I have issues when I make a remark about a dead person. It's my way of dealing with the dead person. I don't want show them how grossed out I'm over it or having proublems with it.

I believe Jessie is dealing with her ordeal of being beating, rapes and ect, the ONLY way she really knows how too.

My 2 cents

#8 User is offline   EricHorner 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2003 - 06:39 PM

Jessi is setting the record straight - to the media and the world. So many people have reported untruth's - it's Jessi's turn to tell what really happened once and for all and move on with her life. Jessi and her family have conducted themselves in a way that all of America could learn a lesson from - with pride, faith, morals and love in God and family. This brave young lady and her entire family are the victims - not the enemy. Continue to keep them in your prayers along with the men and women still defending this country in our Armed Forces.

God bless,

Eric & Debby

#9 User is offline   FutureNavyLady 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2003 - 06:49 PM

Eric,

You are so right about what you said. I have a wronderful other still in the middle east fighting this war, I worry on a daily basic about is he ok? is he hurt? or this and that. We do stay in contect offen and it always great relief of me when he dose.

#10 User is offline   Chattan 

• Pip

Posted 07 November 2003 - 10:11 AM

Mohammed al-Rehaief

A good man.

Thank you.

We are put on this Earth to help each other and to live in peace.

I sincerely hope that one day we might do so and live in a civilised Paradise.

As it used to be.

#11 User is offline   jean 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2003 - 08:51 PM

We are put on this Earth to help each other and to live in peace.

I sincerely hope that one day we might do so and live in a civilised Paradise.

I whole heartedly agree, but believe that it won't happen in our lifetime.

As it used to be.

There's always been invasions and dictators, corruption, greed and materialism,etc. It's worse now - in part because of increased population, better technology and uneven balance of power - but we've never had a Utopia.

It's 2003 and we're still fighting and hurting and killing each other and still struggling to live. In part because we won't learn from history. History could teach us so much, but people ignore it or are trying to change it or pretend certain events never happened.

And the tragedy is we're all the same. The one common link that binds us all together is that we're all Earthlings, all the same species "human beings".

Outwardly we all look different - different coloured skin, eyes, hair and hair styles, different sizes and heights, different ages, different genders, we speak different languages, have different cultures and religions, wear different clothes, different jobs, have different hobbies, like different music, movies, books, different DNA and fingerprints, etc. But on the inside we're all the same - we're made of the same cells, organs, bones, skin, muscle, etc.

But wouldn't life be dull if we all looked teh same, and did the same things, etc?

Our home is not the building we live in or the country we are nationals of. We all have the same home, only one home - Earth! And we're destroying her.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users