• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Patriot's Forum - Press Release Book inspired by Jessica

#1 User is offline   Iwin4macy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2003 - 08:19 AM

PRESS RELEASE - for immediate distribution

BEST SELLING APPALACHIAN HUMORIST, JESSICA LYNCH'S NEIGHBOR, PUBLISHES "THE PATRIOT'S FORUM" THE FIRST BOOK OUT ON OPEATION IRAQI FREEDOM.

Jeff Eberbaugh, the West Virginia humorist and best selling author of "THE ROADKILL COOKBOOKS", has published the nation's first collection of stories inspired by the war in Iraq."

Eberbaugh, a Palestine resident and neighbor of rescued POW Jessica Lynch, said 19-year-old Lynch and others fighting in the Middle East inspired him to write the book.

"It's a book that follows the war," Eberbaugh described his sixth book. "It's dedicated to Jessica Lynch and our troops, and the book itself supports and thanks our troops for their efforts in Iraq."

"The collection was inspired by Lynch's rescue and by operation Iraqi Freedom", Eberbaugh said.
The author stated that he did not know Lynch very well, but like all Americans-especially those in the tiny town of Palestine he had followed her situation in the news and was overjoyed when she was rescued on April 1.

"The night of her rescue, I heard the sirens, the state police, the sheriff's department, the fire trucks and everybody else in the county who has a siren go screaming up the road and then up Mayberry Run where Jessica lives in celebration of her rescue." He recalled. "It was great, I went inside and wrote a story called 'yellow ribbons' on her release."

"The book makes you happy, it makes you sad, it makes you cry, it makes you mad, Eberbaugh said as he described the emotions he felt while writing his poems." "You'll cry and then you'll turn the page and laugh." Some humorous poems include "Baghdad Bob" and "Human Shields", he added.

"I watched Fox news and wrote this book on how they reported the war," Eberbaugh said. "Everything in it is conservative right wing stuff. I poke a little fun at the human shields and demonstrators and the PETA people."

"The Patriot's Forum" a 61-page paperback - includes some very interesting patriot trivia in the back, and may be purchased through Unique Publications Inc., at P.O. Box 9, Palestine, West Virginia 26160-0009. The cost is $9.95 plus $3.00 shipping and handling. If you would like an interview with the author, you contact Jeff Eberbaugh at (304) 275-1071 or write Unique Publications at P.O. Box 9, Palestine, WV 26160-0009.

#2 Guest_redfalcon_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 June 2003 - 01:54 PM

I'll have my order in the mail before Friday biggrin.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users