Jessica Lynch Forums: How Has Jessica Inspired You? - Jessica Lynch Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Has Jessica Inspired You?

#1 Guest_Kicks_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:55 PM

FASTALJR: I dont in any way mean to offend anyone on this forum because I truly feel that this will drive Jessie to push that extra step harder towards a full recovery. I will continue to pray for her as well as work on my idea in which she inspired me to do.

I read a lot of posts saying, "Jessica inspired me". Just for fun, and out of curiosity, I’d like to invite all to tell how Jessica inspired you. I mean, did her story inspire you to make a change in your life? Are you more prayerful now? Are you inspired to face your fears better now? Are you closer to someone in your family now?

I guess I ought to go first since I’m starting this topic. Without writing a book, I’ll summarize by saying “all the above”. I am currently being treated for injuries sustained while competing in my sport. As mentioned in another post, I’m not too comfortable with medical procedures, especially if it involves blood. Well on April 1st I was having a procedure done and to take my mind off I just thought of Jessi and how brave she must have been. I thought about what physical pain she must have been put through and what she had to endure. I wanted to be brave too. Then the nurse had to revive me after I almost passed out. Hey, I tried LOL!

I am definitely more prayerful now. I had stopped praying years ago after my uncle died. I had been praying for his health but he died anyway. I had several other ‘unanswered prayers’ that led me to a loss of faith in prayer. But when I heard of Jessica and I couldn’t sleep at all that night (see story on my webpage), I started praying again. I knew that was all I could do to help Jessica. I really wanted to go to Iraq and find her myself, but I thought prayer was a more reasonable solution. Her rescue restored my faith in prayer. My wife even told me “See, your prayers do come true”.

As far as being closer to someone in my family now..well I’m pretty darn close to my kids already. I live my life for them. But I’ll share a short story. My daughter (Shannon, 10) was competing in a Tae Kwon Do tournament last week, she was the only girl in the whole tournament. She got kicked real hard in the stomach and was on the verge of tears (more scared than hurt). I told her to be brave, to think of Jessica and how brave she was when she was being mistreated by bad men. Shannon got back out there and won the tournament (even beating the Master's son!). Girls Rule!

Currently I am training for the U.S. National Tae Kwon Do Championship to be held in New Orleans in May. On Perry’s site I posted that I’m dedicating my training and my competition to Jessica. When I’m training and I’m hurting (like now!) I think about Jessica, that she is probably going through therapy at the same time and is enduring the pain, so I can too. I can do it for her.

That’s a few ways Jessica’s story has inspired me. Maybe I’ll post more later. Meanwhile…what’s your story?
rolleyes.gif

#2 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 03 May 2003 - 12:05 AM

If anyone wants to see how Jessica Lynch inspired me, go to this site...

In Loving Memory of an Angel
http://community-2.webtv.net/PerryXXL/Inlovingmemory

Page 2 is my life story since age 12...it is my testimony, and every word of it is true.

Praying fervently for Jessica's safety taught me how to pray from the heart again. Her rescue restored my faith in the power of prayer, and faith in miracles. After seeing she was seriously injured and faced a long recovery, I created a small website to honor her and the power of prayer...I let my heart be my guide.

I humbled myself to create something to make Jessica feel better; yet when the site went online April 4th, I felt 16 again...all my feelings of pain and guilt were gone; I no longer felt like a failure. I now had my faith restored, and a humble heart...why the story of Rachel Scott's strong faith and stand for God even after being shot, as she was taunted by the enraged young man that ended her life on earth only seconds later was so touching to me; why I so quickly asked the Lord to forgive my sins, accept him as my savior, and re-dedicate my life in his service.

It took the courage and faith of two petite teenage girls to inspire me to reach out to God....something I'd been attempting to do for 25 years. More than inspiring, Jessica's story of bravery and dedication to duty probably saved my life....and my soul.

God Bless,
Perry

#3 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 May 2003 - 12:58 AM

Well seeing as she copied my post I guess I can devlge some of my Secretive ideas. I myself am a designer, and am pretty darn good with an airbrush. Among my other talents, I build and race Radio controlled cars on a pro level. All the cars use lexan bodies which come clear, and have to be painted. Well, I have two on the way and one of them, I have a scheme designed in honor of Jessi, and will be posted here when its finished. Will be a while as I still have lay out the scheme, paint it, then do all the vinyl graphics.

But it will look cool I promise!!! cool.gif I am posting some of my other work on my website, so I will post it as soon as I done for all to see.

p.s. does anyone know what her favorite color is I wanted to incorporate it into the design. blink.gif I heard it was pink, but is there any truth to this? wub.gif biggrin.gif

#4 User is offline   cody evans 

• Pip

Posted 03 May 2003 - 06:44 AM

#5 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 03 May 2003 - 10:45 AM

Hey FASTALJR,

Well seeing as she copied my post I guess I can devlge some of my Secretive ideas.

Oops, I did it again! However, I'm a 'he', not a 'she'. LOL!

My Webpage

#6 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 03 May 2003 - 02:15 PM

Sorry Kicks unsure.gif

I think Jessie may be a little embarrassed, but she will probably Like it eventually. biggrin.gif

#7 Guest_Signmaker_*

Posted 03 May 2003 - 08:55 PM

[FONT=Times]I am a 55-year old male from West Virginia and have always followed the "male code" that I was raised by...men don't cry. Considering I didn't cry when doctors told me I had a tumor in the brain stem, at the birth of my children, when I had to get a feeding tube, or other significant points in my life, it astounds me that I would do so when I read or hear certain things about someone who is a total stranger.

Her story is about courage, bravery, and having the strength of character to face the horror of war, multiple injuries, intense pain, the loss of close friends, being held in captivity by the enemy, all within a very short period of time and still being able to try to smile that Jessi smile when rescued. All at such a young age and the beginning of her life. I think back to when I was her age and I can't begin to imagine how she must feel.

I think the most significant fact out of the many that affected me was her size. If it had happened to a 5'10'' 180 pound male (or female), I don't think I would have taken as much notice. She doesn't have the muscle mass to withstand that kind of damage without suffering alot of injury and pain. If she was beaten, as one Irai doctor has said (http://www.cnn.com/2...ital/index.html ), that makes it all the more incredible that her tiny body survived.

The fact that she did survive is what has made her saga such an inspiration to me. I think we all grow a little bit stronger when we hear survival stories like this and we think, "If they can come through something like that, maybe I can too." My hope is that as Jessi has read through her mail, she will see what others think of her and she too will be strengthened.

Instead of her physical, and psychological pains ending, they will continue for some time. Unfortunately, with the media being what it is in this Country, she will have an additional torment to deal with when released from the protective environment of Walter Reed. I doubt that she will even get time to adust to the diifference of light and sound before a herd of journalists desend upon her and poke microphones in her face. The amount of pressure on this young woman is and will be tremendous for many months.

But she has already shown a great inner strength and I think she will be OK. She will always be a hero to me, not for her heroic acts in battle but the way she has faced the worst that life could throw at her and has not only survived but can still smile and be in good spiirits.

As a result of the above, I now try to be a little more understanding and tolerant of the daily "irritants" of life. Although I have always had a good tolerance of pain, suffered many more medical problems than most, and have had to adust my daily activities to compensate for what most people's bodies do automatically, I have always been able to keep a smile on my face and a positive attitude. However, after visiting this forum for several weeks, reading many articles on Jessi, avidly watching documentaries and newscasts, writing about her, and weeping for her, I have come to one unescapable conclusion...

Jessica Lynch, I will never forget you!

#8 Guest_Richard_W_McCullough_*

Posted 04 May 2003 - 02:38 PM

How Has Jessica Inspired Me...

Oh boy, if I could only tell everything without giving away alot of sensitive secrets. All I can say is, she's got friends in places she doesn't know; and, has friends of mine ensuring some protection. I guess I'll go ahead and let some of this out of the bag - She's done something that few people have ever done. I'll just say it's because of what happened to her that I contacted some people I know in Iraq, and searches were made for the remaining 507th and those that have been recovered; plus, other actions within Iraq to assist the United States.

Before the United States went to war with Iraq, I had notified the President of the United States, I would stay out of the war; well, that changed when the 507th fell into a trap that the President didn't know about. I knew about this trap since it was a plan and policy trap developed in 1997 on how to counter Acts of War by offensive force and a counter-terrorism plan.

All I'll say for now, is: Jessica has friendsshe doesn't know about for alot of reasons and one of those reasons deals with some events regarding those cards that get found and end up turning themselves in. I can't say more - just have to say there's alot I can't say and will have to wait until later to ensure what I say doesn't create security concerns.

Sincerely,
Richard W. McCullough
M-8825

#9 User is offline   denmark 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2003 - 04:18 PM

How has PFC Lynch inspired me? I have decided to go back into the Military. This time I will joining the National Guard (I spent 7 years in the Navy). My younger sister is joining with me. My wife and I have also decided that if we ever have a daughter she will be names Jessica Lynn to honor Jessica Lynch.

#10 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 04 May 2003 - 06:09 PM

WOW jwbrown, that's a great tribute. I bet there will be a lot of Jessica babies in the coming months.

Mr McCullough..you scare me! ohmy.gif

#11 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2003 - 07:56 PM

Richard doesn't scare me....and what he posted doesn't surprise me. I knew there was a reason Secret Service Agents accompanied Jessica from Andrews AFB to WRAMC. They didn't do it for CWO Ron Young Jr, or any other POW; and didn't do it because Jessie was injured...there were dozens of other injured soldiers on that plane.

#12 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 04 May 2003 - 08:24 PM

Richard doesn't scare me....

Perry, I'm was just joking; just trying to keep it light.

#13 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2003 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Kicks @ May 4 2003, 10:24 PM)
Richard doesn't scare me....

Perry, I'm was just joking; just trying to keep it light.

Thanks Greg....I'm not sure where Richard McCullough was coming from.
I'm just glad the NASCAR drivers were allowed to visit Jessica Friday...that tells me she's getting better.

Have a wonderful week Greg! smile.gif

Take care,
Perry

#14 User is offline   carolemac 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2003 - 12:56 AM

I was inspired many years ago, by another, to do my part, including putting my two cents in at every opportunity. But, I've seen things, younger people that Jessica has inspired, that somehow refresh my faith in humanity's capacity for good. This website is just a small sample of the impact she has had on America and other countries, as well. What she has accomplished by being herself, is immeasurable.

Phntmstrngr

#15 Guest_bg10_*

Posted 05 May 2003 - 03:03 AM

a small good girl from a small place in the middle of the death this fact impressed me so much.This girl from school.therefore I searched all the time videos in the net in order to keep this amazing story here:
http://www.4law.co.il/L697.html

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users