• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chicago Tribune Article More out of the hospital staff

#1 User is offline   iron-bound 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 May 2003 - 08:25 PM

I'm just posting it. Not personally endorsing any of it. However, according to the article, the ambulance driver himself admitted that he may not have been fired at by US troops. In addition, he says he was ordered to execute Lynch when he stopped at an Iraqi checkpoint. When will these Iraqis ever make up their mind as to what happened?

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/0503/...lynchtreat.html

#2 Guest_LesterB_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 May 2003 - 09:00 PM

Is it me or is this a sign that the "doctor story" is moving to middle ground? Is the BS starting to filter out...or is this just another kind of BS? What do you all think...

#3 User is offline   FIREMAN 

• Pip

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:30 PM

Suddenly an execution order comes about? Talk about trying to deflect blame away from yourself!!

#4 User is offline   papags46 

• Pip

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:52 PM

I'm confused. I give the doctors credit, but I think they're are trying to make the story sound a little simple. First of all, she was in shock when she came to the hospital, from losing blood. Why was she bleeding that much or what was she bleeding from??? I mean two blood transfusions and plasma. That's a lot of bleeding.
Second of all, one of the doctors said she "largely suffered from the Iraqi soldiers." But then they're saying she was not "mistreated."
Then, Mohammed stated she was slapped by a security guard. To me that's "being mistreated."
Oh yeah, and how did her dog tags end up in a Baath Party officials house. We all know they aren't the nicest of people. The other officers were threatening to kill her. Hmmm, I doubt everybody was treating her very well.

#5 User is offline   david_2000_13206 

• Pip

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:14 AM

I'm starting to think the reporters are messing their stories up. For example, a doctor from the Saddam Hospital says that HE treated Jessica well, then the reporter says that she was treated well during her entire captivity.

#6 Guest_dilligafst_*

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:13 AM

I am not surprised that everything coming out of Iraq about Jessica's hospital stay is so confusing. When I lived over in the Middle East, I remember how they would simply argue about something for three hours before they actually got down to doing it. No one is allowed to admit that they are wrong, so they will argue about it until they beat the opponent down to admit that either it never happened or that they were not wrong. That was a trait that wore down both the weapons inspectors and George Bush -- who wanted a war in the first place. The safest thing is to more or less take the middle ground. What is surprising is that so many people there seemed to have a hand in saving Jessica:) Every story brings out another bunch:) Yet, at bottom, they did help save her, they did take enormous risks on her behalf, and they did hide her from the Fedeyeen that had either come to execute her or take her to Baghdad. What is also surprising is that the docs did all of this under the noses of the Fedeyeen guards that had been slapping Jessica around in the hospital.

#7 User is offline   carolemac 

• Pip

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (CAcowgirl32 @ May 29 2003, 11:52 PM)
...First of all, she was in shock when she came to the hospital, from losing blood.  Why was she bleeding that much or what was she bleeding from???  I mean two blood transfusions and plasma.  That's a lot of bleeding.

CAcowgirl32

It's possible to lose as much as 2/3 of the total blood volume slowly over 24 hrs without it being fatal. The human body holds about 10 pints of blood, so the lose of 3 pints or so isn't that extraordinary. Some of her fractures were compound fractures and, if the stories are true, at least a couple of gunshot wounds. That would account for the loss of blood.

Phntmstrngr

#8 Guest_dilligafst_*

Posted 31 May 2003 - 12:31 PM

I wonder if the Iraqi interns are trying to cover themselves from possible retributions. They probably knew some of the Fedeyeen and that they would be back someday in whatever guise ti haunt them. Just a thought.

I, too, am always amazed at the contradictions. She was in shock, needing transfusions, there is a gunshot wounds, then there are not, she is being tortured, no she was not, and all that through about seventy-five different people saying this and that. In the earlier articles the Docs did admit that she came in to the hospital several days after the ambush and that she was a mess. I wonder how she survived that. Yet, there is one consistent thread that does run throughout all the confusion and interview mayhem. She was badly mangled, all alone, and completely helpless in a command post for the Fedeyeen, the central headquarters, a prize captive, with all the officers and everyone probably slapping her and threatening her with execution or extradition to Baghdad or whatever. She did not know about Mohammed. Yet, all the docs say how they found her charming and all, and it seems that her wit, whether consciously or unconsciously, won the hospital over to take great risks to their own lives to save hers. Hell, she had them practically eating out of her hand; in one piece, they mention that even the mayor of Nasiriyah was interested in her survival. Considering the odds that were against her, that's a pretty damned good accomplishment when you stop to think about it. None of the contending articles seem to have picked up on that thread yet. Oh, well. It is probably not enough to win her the medal of honer (damn), but it got her out alive and that was quite an achievement:)

#9 User is offline   papags46 

• Pip

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:25 PM

phntmstngr,
Thanks for the blood loss info. biggrin.gif But do you think she really lost all that blood just from compound fractures or do you think part of it was also from gunshot wounds??? Does a person bleed a lot from compound fractures?

#10 User is offline   Patricia 

• Pip

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:45 PM

Sometimes, from a combound fracture, you'll have a lot of blood loss. If the bone breaks the skin. Happens a lot.
Once again, only time will tell the how's and the why's. BUT:
donkey cart??? Get lost.
At this point, I think so many people have told "stories" about all,...they're not even sure what the truth really is.
False memory is a funny thing.

#11 User is offline   papags46 

• Pip

Posted 31 May 2003 - 05:18 PM

Thanks Nick. tongue.gif

#12 User is offline   BigBoned 

• Pip

Posted 31 May 2003 - 05:45 PM

NO,Nicky thanks you, cowgirl. And all

#13 Guest_canuck1000_*

Posted 31 May 2003 - 06:39 PM

I am not surprised at all about the story of the ambulance. I heard from several sources that the ambulance story occured 27 Mar 03 and that it involved the transfer of money.

As for her injuries. Not all of her injuries occured 23 Mar 03. I will leave it at that. Yes compound fractures can lead to severe blood loss. She can have smaller bleeders. If she had all those injuries on 23 Mar 03 she will not be here with us. 2/3 of her blood volume over 24 hours is like has been said surivivable. Sudden blood loss will cause unconcsious as the body will go into a defensive posture. How we know that is that we know that Lynch was not taken to the hospital immediately. The public has not been told the whole truth on the Jessica Lynch affair and since she is reading this as well as her family I am not going to post what the truth really is.

#14 Guest_hols_*

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:13 PM

Canuck how do you know that not all her injuries occurred on march 23. I am not saying that did or didn't the fact is i don't know. I just get don't like it when people are stating their opinions of what they think happened like they know it to be fact. So if you know this to be true state how or if it is your opinion please tell us that to.

#15 User is offline   carolemac 

• Pip

Posted 01 June 2003 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (CAcowgirl32 @ May 31 2003, 03:25 PM)
phntmstngr,
Thanks for the blood loss info. biggrin.gif But do you think she really lost all that blood just from compound fractures or do you think part of it was also from gunshot wounds??? Does a person bleed a lot from compound fractures?

CAcowgirl32

Until its stopped by applied pressure or coagulation blood will continue to flow, so it is possible. Additionally, with movement, wounds can reopen and continue to bleed.

Phntmstrngr

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users