Jessica Lynch Forums: A&e Retraces Rescue Of Jessica Lynch - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A&e Retraces Rescue Of Jessica Lynch

#1 User is offline   scanner2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 April 2003 - 07:03 AM

Tue, Apr 15, 2003 02:24 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - While NBC rushes to develop a TV movie about the rescue of Pfc. Jessica Lynch in Iraq, A&E is turning to one of its strengths -- documentaries -- to tell the story.

The cable network has scheduled a special called "Saving Private Lynch" for 9 p.m. ET Friday (April 18). The hour-long program will explore what happened to Lynch and try to place her ordeal in historical context.

Lynch's story is now familiar: The 19-year-old U.S. Army private was taken prisoner March 23 when her unit, the 507th Maintenance Company, was ambushed near Nasariyah. She was held for nine days before Special Forces troops, acting on a tip from an Iraqi citizen, found and rescued her.

In addition to re-tracing Lynch's ordeal, the A&E special will also tell the story of her roommate, Pfc. Lori Piestewa, the first female U.S. soldier killed in Iraq. The show will feature interviews with Lynch's family and Sen. John McCain, who was a POW in Vietnam for several years.

Lynch was the first American POW to be rescued from behind enemy lines since World War II. "Saving Private Lynch" will also include interviews with several World War II veterans who were rescued from a Japanese prison camp in the Philippines. Their story is the subject of the book "Ghost Soldiers."

Regards,

Scott Drake
Webmaster

USDCServers.net We give you a solution, Not just a Plan! We have Ensim cPanel and Plesk Dedicated Servers Available!

<!--sizeo:2--><!--/sizeo-->Need to Register a Domain Name at a Low Price or in Need of SSL Certificates at Low Prices, Click Here

Need a Web Site? We Can Help there too, Just Click Here for more information<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

IPB Image
2008 MS Walk, if you would like to Donate just click on this link

Marines In The Garden Of Eden, The first book to tell the entire story

IPB Image
Marines in the Garden of Eden

#2 User is offline   bill 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2003 - 03:25 PM

Sweet! smile.gif

Thing is though I work tomarrow, hopefully they will have a rerun of it!

#3 Guest_Stryder_Magus_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 April 2003 - 03:32 PM

Will they rerun it?

#4 Guest_Stryder_Magus_*

Posted 19 April 2003 - 11:18 AM

Saw it yesterday. If you have been keeping up on the news about her, then it's nothing new. But they have interviews with former WWII POW's and PG POW's. They also talk about the 7 POW's as well. But again, nothing new if you're looking for that.

They have footage of Lori talking but not Jessica. I'm looking forward to the day we can see her move and talk. Like to know what she sounds like. cool.gif

#5 User is offline   Nebelwerfer 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 April 2003 - 05:47 AM

I thought the A&E show was excellent. If anybody has a chance to see it again please try. I'm sure they will repeat it, probably next weekend. They had great segments on Lori and Shoshana also. They definetly had some new info and I know my mother was crying when it was done. I thought the interviews with old vets of the previous wars was great. A former POW that was rescued in 1945 spoke of her and his admiration for her. John McClain also spoke. I thought the show was excellent for so early after the incident happened.

#6 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 21 April 2003 - 06:26 AM

The A&E show ran twice Friday night; 8:00pm CST and again at midnight CST. I set my VCR to tape it (I was at a crawfish boil that night!) and watched it Saturday. I thought it was good, but not great.

I do like that they gave equal time to Lori and Shoshana. Despite the title "Saving Private Lynch", it was really a documentary of women at war. Also, at times it seemed like they were just filling time. Often they repeated the same information and video. They bounced back and forth from one story to another, not really following much of a chronology.

Overall, I appreciated the effort to put together a compilation of the events surrounding these three women, but I don't think they took full use of an hour's time.

I look forward to more news cast about Jessica and will have VCR and tape ready at hand. I too am anxious to hear and see Jessica on TV, but only when she is ready to make an appearance. I'm sure she'll have a ton of opportunities and can be selective if and when she talks. I'm also very disgusted and appalled at one website that alludes to her appearing in Playboy. Some people just don't have the sense of a rock.

If I hear that the "Saving Private Lynch" documentary is being run again I'll post it here. It's worth watching, if only to get a better appreciation of our women who put their lives on the line for us.

Take care, God bless,

Greg Livaudais
Aka "Kicks"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users