• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ladies Home Journal January Issue

#1 User is offline   lanieer416 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:28 AM

I found this promo on Martha Barnette's website. She interviews Jessica in the January issue of Ladies Home Journal. The link is at www.funwords.com. Martha Barnette is also the author of several books. One is titled "Dog Days and Dandelions".

Coming Soon to a Ladies Home Journal near you:

My interview with Jessica Lynch.

On a recent October afternoon, Jessi Lynch welcomed me into her West Virginia home for a revealing chat about her terrifying ordeal, her struggles now, and her dreams for the future. Read all about it in the January issue of LHJ.

#2 User is offline   ticker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:50 AM

Geez, Ladies Home Journal now? After Seventeen, People, Vanity Fair, Glamour, etc.. Please Jessica, do an interview for Sports Illustrated or Popular Mechanics or Field And Stream or something so I can show my face in the local bookshop again someday! LOL

#3 User is offline   Dilligafst 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:02 PM

LOL Ticker:) Good one:)

#4 User is offline   mstrunn55 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:14 PM

Ticker, you're too much! laugh.gif

#5 User is offline   lanieer416 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:17 PM

The January issue of Seventeen is already on the stands. I picked mine up this morning at the supermarket. I thought it was a pretty decent article. Couple of interesting items that I hadn't read anywhere else. It's worth picking up a copy.

#6 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2003 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (lanieer416 @ Dec 4 2003, 07:17 PM)
The January issue of Seventeen is already on the stands. I picked mine up this morning at the supermarket. I thought it was a pretty decent article. Couple of interesting items that I hadn't read anywhere else. It's worth picking up a copy.

Yeah...like the Iraqi doctors asking about Ruben because they'd found some of his letters in her posession...wonder whyTHAT wasn't in the book...

#7 User is offline   jessefan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2003 - 09:07 PM

they'd found some of his letters in her posession

So, they took it upon themselves to read her private mail. That strikes me as an intimidation tactic.

#8 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (jessefan @ Dec 4 2003, 09:07 PM)
they'd found some of his letters in her posession

So, they took it upon themselves to read her private mail. That strikes me as an intimidation tactic.

If it had been a fedayeen officer, I'd agree. But as it was the doctors, I imagine they did it to ease her mind...in factm she alluded to exactly that, since she was able to discuss him with the doctors.

It all depends on who's reading it. And let's be honest, as a POW -- partocularly with the iraqis -- her private comunications aren't private.

I wonder if they were kept by someone as a souvenier...one of the guys who questioned the other 5 kept some personal effects from Hernandez, including a picture of him and his girlfriend (because of the uniqueness of their relationship in the pic...I think it was a prom pose)

#9 User is offline   lanieer416 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2003 - 07:04 AM

I might be mistaken but I thought she assumed since the doctor's had asked her about Ruben that they might have read those letters. Since she seemed to remember things on and off it is possible that she was saying his name while she was in and out of consciousness and they asked about Ruben and she can not recall that. I think it's possible the Fedayeen took those letters. They must have stripped all of our soldiers at the site of valuables or personal items. I'm sure by the time they reached the hospital all identifying info was gone.
I think Jessica would rather believe that the doctor's had those letters and not the Fedayeen which is likely.

#10 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2003 - 08:51 AM

The quote from the article reads:

"She thinks the doctors, who spoke English, must have found the lettes she caried from her boyfriend in her pockets, because they asked her about Ruben. She answered their questions because talking about him was one of the only things that made her feel calm."

Sure sounds like the doctors read them..I can't see a fedayeen sharing such info with the doctors. Cound be wrong, tho...and our people's posessons being taken...standard stuff. The dead were obviously looted as well.

#11 User is offline   ANDY 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:12 PM

I remember an article in the Times in April which stated that Jessica told one of the doctors about her boyfriend and also about the relationships with her family.From the book I cant see that Jessica was in such a condition to have these conversations so I think they could have read the letters and then claimed afterwards she had willingly told them about Rueben and her family.I have always had a mistrust over these doctors and I still think they are hiding something.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users