Jessica Lynch Forums: Wedding Bells - Jessica Lynch Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wedding Bells kinda misleading ( I think)

#1 Guest_hols_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 July 2003 - 09:58 AM

It was her 13 yr. old cousin who told gma this and only after diane sawyer asked what they talked about while in the hospital. I think she was just saying that she plans on marrying her b/f in the future not anytime soon because it has been reported her b/f brought her a promise ring and if they were going to get married soon i have a feeling she would have an engagement ring instead. It just shows how the press will jump on anything that is said about her.

Wedding plans for Jessica Lynch?
Email to a Friend
Printer Friendly Version

Elizabeth City, West Virginia-AP -- After a big homecoming yesterday, there are apparently wedding bells in the future for Jessica Lynch.

A cousin of the former prisoner of war tells A-B-C that Lynch is planning to marry Sergeant Ruben Contreras.

Lynch thanked Contreras in her homecoming speech yesterday in West Virginia for encouraging her when physical therapy was tough.

In her words, "Ruben, you never let me give up." She said, "You're my inspiration, and I love you."

Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=1371833

#2 Guest_Signmaker_*

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:27 AM

The WV stations are re-playing that clip from GMA (showing the girl's comment and the elbow nudge from her dad), adding scenes from the motorcade where she kept a hand on Ruben's shoulder, a closeup of the ring on her finger, etc. as if it's a done deal. But as you said, the media chases after shadows sometimes and creates their own version of the news/truth. Jessi has not said that is in the plans but it wouldn't surprise me if it is.

#3 User is offline   usaalltheway 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2003 - 12:29 PM

That would be so kool if she married him. Plus the wedding could be on TLC's Wedding Story. Thank you.

~Jessica

#4 User is offline   perilousgirl 

• Pip

Posted 23 July 2003 - 05:40 PM

What is this CSI!? I mean looking at a close-up pic of her ring finer! Comm on people!! This is an invasion of her privacy. If she is engaged we should be happy for her.

#5 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 23 July 2003 - 08:11 PM

Former POW Lynch May Be Planning Wedding:

user posted image Latorie Contreras said she flew to the Washington area to visit Lynch (pictured, left) while she was in an Army hospital there and even helped her celebrate her birthday.

http://www.ksat.com/sh/dating/stories/dati...723-090738.html

#6 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 23 July 2003 - 08:58 PM

Hes a lucky man if they are getting married. But I agree, who cares if Jessi has a ring, all the better I think, someone for her to love and take her mind off the bad stuff that has happened. It is the best thing in the world for her.

#7 Guest_ticker_*

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:18 AM

Good for them, if it's true. Glad she's not hesitating to get on with her life. Also, I noticed something very clever that she did. During her speech she raised the hand with the ring on it as if to adjust her hair when she mentioned Sgt. Contreras and said she loved him. I take that as a message to the press not to bug her with dumb questions like "do you have a boyfriend?": yes, she does, no further questions needed on the subject. Now if the press takes the hint, she will have deflected that angle of reporting.

#8 Guest_Kicks_*

Posted 24 July 2003 - 05:47 PM

I just got an email from a friend in Elizabeth, Jessi and Rueben announced their engagement.

CONGRATS!!!

#9 User is offline   usaalltheway 

• Pip

Posted 24 July 2003 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Kicks @ Jul 24 2003, 06:47 PM)
I just got an email from a friend in Elizabeth, Jessi and Rueben announced their engagement.

CONGRATS!!!

Yes, I'm so happy for her and so on. Thank you.

~Jessica

#10 Guest_canuck1000_*

Posted 24 July 2003 - 07:58 PM

Hi there:

I am happy for the both of them and really who cares about her personal life but her and her family. I wish them both the best of luck

Robert Kerr

#11 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 24 July 2003 - 08:28 PM

Congrats, Jessi, and Reuben!!!! happy.gif

#12 Guest_mainzman_*

Posted 24 July 2003 - 08:55 PM

From the smile Jessica had on her face when she mentioned Reuben in her speech, to the way she sat proudly with him with, and they had smiles of pure joy on their faces as they passed through the town, I had a feeling that they were well on their way to a wonderful future together! I think it's absolutely wonderful that they are pursuing their dreams of a happy and meaninful life together. I think that this whole experience tested the committment and love that Jessi and Reuben have for each other, and they have perservered! They are MORE than ready and able to handle all the challenges and happy times they will face TOGETHER in the future.

#13 Guest_ticker_*

Posted 25 July 2003 - 04:24 AM

Wedding bells for Pfc. Lynch and some wrestling with future in laws for Sgt Contreras. This family must have a lot of fun together. Good for them.

Wedding bells for Jessica
New York Daily News  | 7/24/03 | FERNANDA SANTOS in Elizabeth, W.Va. and DEREK ROSE in New York

America's sweetheart is getting married.
War hero Jessica Lynch has been talking to her family about marrying Sgt. Ruben Contreras, her boyfriend and a member of her unit who helped in her long recovery.
Danielle Little, Lynch's first cousin once removed, accidentally spilled the beans yesterday on ABC News' "Good Morning America."
She told "Good Morning America" yesterday that she visited Lynch at Walter Reed Hospital just before her release and did "makeovers" and chatted.
When asked what they talked about, Little said, "Oh, just about her coming home and her getting married to Ruben."
At that point her father, Army Sgt. Dan Little, elbowed her in the ribs.
Sgt. Little, however, added that Contreras would have to wrestle his way into the family - literally.
"He came right back at us, said, 'I used to wrestle in high school.' So we might have our work cut out for us," said Dan Little, who, along with Lynch's brother, Greg, had challenged Contreras.

NY Daily News article from Free Republic

I think they are mistakem about him being a member of the 507th, however. I'm sure I read somewhere that he was in a different company.

#14 User is offline   perilousgirl 

• Pip

Posted 25 July 2003 - 05:59 AM

Yes, Congratulations Jessie and Reuben!!!!

May you have a long and wonderful life together.

#15 Guest_JessicaL03_*

Posted 25 July 2003 - 06:20 AM

laugh.gif biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif Jessi I would like to congratlute you. If this is all true , you deserve nothing but the very best!!! Ruben Take good care of Jessi , I wish the two of you lifetime of pure Happeniess!!!!

God Bless you both!!!!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users