• Group: Advanced Members

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:57 PM

smile.gif

#2 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:40 PM

I wouldn't waste your money in any case...this was the film that was made without her input...and it focused more on Mohammad than Jessica, despite the title.

#3 User is offline   mainzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:15 PM

I agree with Soprano, don't waste your money on this particular DVD. I sometimes still wonder why they made the movie in the first place. The movie was made from Mohammed's point of view... and well, must we say anything more. Tell you what, with the money you can spend buying a sub-par cinematic event, go treat yourself to a movie you have already seen, like, and want to see again, and dinner.

#4 User is offline   lanieer416 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2004 - 06:56 AM

I agree with Soprano and mainzman, DONT BOTHER. They used Jessica's name to make a movie about Mohammed's life. There really was very little about Jessica and what there was probably was not accurate due to the fact the movie was made withouth the Lynch's consent.
If NBC had waited until after Jessica's book was published as the Lynch's requested, the movie would have been terrific because it would have been accurate and they could have included much more on Jessica.
Somehow, I think ten years from now their might be an excellent movie about Jessica because the way she is carrying herself with her foundation, I think there is a story that is not quite finished in the horizon.
I think your better off waiting for that movie to be made.

#5 User is offline   patience 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:32 AM

I did not watch the movie but I agree with the other comments already made.
If you don't already have this other video, I think you would love it.
The video is "Faith and a Community." I don't know if it is still available, but the web address on the cover is :
www.sweetsong.com/video
There is also a phone number, which is how I purchased the VHS version.
1-304-428-7773
I'll use some of the info on the cover to describe it.
"Her (Jessica's) amazing story is told here through the eyes of her H.S. Principal, Softball Coach, Kindergarten Teacher, Close school friends, a Congressional Medal Of Honor recipient, and Community Members."

The landscape photos are beautiful.

Jessica's homecoming speech is included as well as the some childhood and other photos.

Basically, as the cover states, "This is a dynamic video that shows the power of strong values and faith."

#6 User is offline   nurse2 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:55 AM

I totally agree with patience2. The "Faith and Community" video goes a long way toward explaining why Jessica remains grounded despite her instant celebrityhood. It is well worth the money. It was produced locally, in Parkersburg, so it is West Virginia born and bred--just like Jessica.

#7 User is offline   Princess 

• Pip

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:58 PM

Actually, an excellent video was made by WTAP the tv station in Parkersburg right after she came home. They showed it one night on tv and then sold it. I bought one for $20. I'm not sure if they still have it, but the girl on it is Angela Hatcher. They have a website, www.WTAP.com and they won a bunch of awards for it. Maybe there's an email for Angela on there. The video has all the stories from when she was missing, found and came home.

#8 User is offline   Tomb Raider 

• PipPip

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:30 PM

Hello,
I bid and won on this item from another person a few weeks ago, and It also has an interview with Mohammed before the movie. I mised seeing the movie when it aired. It wasn't as good as It would have been if Jesssica had participated with the movie, but it was still good. It would be good to see a version from the Lynch family though. A person replyed to the first poster and mentioned a tape on Jessica. What tape is it? I have never heard of it before. Is it good?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users