Jessica Lynch Forums: One Inspirational Young Woman - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

One Inspirational Young Woman I wish I could have done something.

#1 User is offline   cde2227 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 November 2003 - 01:16 AM

All I can say is, Wow!

According to an article on ABC's website, Jessica, was on her knees in prayer, just before being captured, when her gun jammed and God was the only hope she had left!

To have the strong faith and presence of mind to lean on the only being who could possibly get you out of the situation, when he was probably the last thing on your mind, is simply mesmorizing!

I am fortunate in that I have been a Christian most of my life! However, I also know how easy it is to doubt God and blame him for things that don't go exactly as we'd like them.

Jessica, did not do this! She immediately dropped to her knees and God immediately responded! I realize that Jessica went through some horrifying days and events while God was answering that prayer, but know that even though we can't understand it, God allowed the situation to unfold as it did for good reason!

Of course, I don't believe anyone should ever have to go through anything like that, ever. At least, Jessica knew she had to turn to God to get through it, though!

What's more important, the blessings that God has outpoured upon her now are quite remarkable. While I would have gladly taken Jessica's place in a heartbeat, if it meant she didn't have to go through it, it was done the way it was because of God's Almighty Plan!

So how is all this inspiring to me, and how is Jessica so inspirational to us all.

Well, if Jessica could survive what I'm sure seemed nothing short of what Jesus Christ went through before his crucifixion, then how much can any of the rest of us endure in our own lives.

I consider myself fortunate, despite all I've been through in life! I am fortunate to have my life and country defended by such amazing soldiers as Jessica! And I wish there was a way to express my gratitude, but as I am limited by that of human emotion, I cannot ever fully express it! I can, however, say thank you!

And Jessica, being that this is my first post, and this site is all new to me and who knows if you actually read anything on it; I just want you to know that I am always praying for you, your brother, your family, your friends, and your fellow soldiers! God Bless them all and may God fill each of their hearts as he has yours!

Finally, one more word on hearts, and that is that you have mine! I wish I had some great poem or story to tell you, but I dont. My apologies for that. Anyway, you've probably heard from millions of guys by now, so I won't bore you with the same old thing. I only want to say how beautiful you are, from the inside, outside, and every other side, God created an Angel the day he made Jessica Lynch!

Praise God for you, Jessica! smile.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users