• You cannot reply to this topic

Jessica Lynch Foundation More news

#1 User is offline   patience2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 19 November 2003 - 11:52 AM

http://waxmanmedia.com/cgi-local/news2.cgi...pts&08315085203

This is a recent statement about Jessica's Foundation. Still no specifics as to how to make contact. I'm going to E-mail the writer to see if I can obtain more information. Any Columbo types here, you may be able to get the news for us. The writer is a man after own hearts.

JESSICA LYNCH FOUNDATION CONFIRMED

November 12, 2003

Posted: 8:35 a.m. MST

With all the criticism of Jessica Lynch for all of the publicity surrounding her, she has been universally condemned for greed and for using her army experience to get rich. I have reported on this website since October 27 that her proceeds were pledged to the Jessica Lynch Foundation to benefit the children of military personnel who were injured or killed in action.

I can now confirm that according to the records of the State of West Virginia, the foundation was formed on October 7, 2003 on her behalf by her lawyer, Stephen Goodwin.

So all the radio and TV talkers who have insisted that Jessica is getting rich on this are WRONG. Am I the only one who took the trouble to verify this?

#2 User is offline   patience2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2003 - 02:39 PM

This is some of the information I received via E-mail form Mr. Waxman.

I based my report of November 12 on information supplied by the office of
the West Virginia Secretary of State. I was unable to reach Jessica's
lawyer, Stephen P. Goodwin. I advised him by e-mail that I had confirmed the
formation of the foundation and invited him to let me know when it was
actually funded.

You might wish to communicate with him about this. His address is 300
Summers St., Ste 1500, PO Box 2107, Charleston, WV 25328-2107. His phone is
304-346-7000, fax 304-344-9692. E-mail address: spg@goodwingoodwin.com. His
office also maintains a web site at www.goodwingoodwin.com
<http://www.goodwingodwin.com> .

#3 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2003 - 03:42 PM

Patience....bless you! I just dropped her attorney an email asking for any info on the foundation...I think I'd be safe in saying that not a few of us here would like to contribute.

In fact...after it's up & running, maybe I'll run a special sale on fencing gear for a while, with proceeds going ot the foundation...

I also forwarded him the personal email address for Playboy's August 1987 Playmate, Sharry Konopski. Why???? Because in 1995 Sharry was involved in a horrible car wreck (crashed at 1am...wasn't found until 6 HOURS later...sucking chest wound, deflated right lung, T9 spinal fracture and bruised spinal cord that left her in a wheelchair), and among her other health problems, has had bowel/bladder problems like Jessica does now. Both Sharry and I figured she could give Jessi some advice and moral support in a way that even Ruben or her parents could. Sharry also shares with Jessica the fact that she came into the public eye at 19 (when she posed for the centerfold), so she may be able to give her tips on handling her fame after the initial book furor dies down...Sharry's also shorter than Jessica! (5' 2"), but she's as warm and generous as she is beautiful...and could turn out to be quite a wheelchair fencer if she wants to be (I gave her a first lesson last weekend when she was in L.A.)

He also got my "What makes a Hero" essay...hopefully he'll pass it on to our Jessica.

#4 User is offline   mainzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:46 AM

I just emailed Jessica's Lawyer to inquire about making donations to the Jessica Lynch Foundation. Any information I receive I will send it to those who would like to make a donation.

#5 User is offline   lanieer416 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:02 AM

Thanks everyone that's trying to get the info on the foundation.

I'm sure they are trying to be extra careful in setting up the foundation and try to avoid any criticism from all the vultures. You know there are quite a few people that will begin to rip the foundation apart and try to prove it's not helping the families that it intended to. I think it is a great idea on their part to take their time and make the foundation as perfect as possible. I wish it had been set up before the book came out but I do think it is crucial to make sure their are no loopholes for the media to pick apart.

I guess we just have to wait a little bit longer to help some military families out. I've got my checkbook ready though.

#6 User is offline   patience2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=Soprano84,Nov 19 2003, 03:42 PM]

In fact...after it's up & running, maybe I'll run a special sale on fencing gear for a while, with proceeds going ot the foundation... End of quote

I always thought that behind the exterior there was a heart of gold. smile.gif

This is part of the E-mail I received from Mr. Waxman. He is an attorney and has been a judge.

I would urge you, before sending any money, to satisfy yourself as the
application of your funds, and any fees and expenses that may be taken from
it. Foundations like these are usually loosely supervised and can be a rich
source of fraud. My comments should not be considered a reflection on the
individuals involved in this particular foundation of whom I have no
personal knowledge, but merely point out a prudent precaution contributors
should always take before sending money to any cause, no matter how
apparently worthy.

Best wishes

#7 User is offline   lanieer416 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2003 - 08:12 AM

I'm sure that's the reason they are taking so much time to start to start it up. I'm sure they are being extremely prudent. With such big name advisors such as have been mentioned assisting the Lynch family I am sure that is the scenario they are planning to avoid.

Maybe I'm a fool but when Jessi announces she has a foundation and wants us to donate I'm going to take her word that it's OK and trust that she chose good people to run it.

#8 User is offline   patience2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:28 AM

I pray for the success of the foundation and as always, for Jessica's health and happiness.

#9 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (patience2 @ Nov 20 2003, 07:55 AM)

"In fact...after it's up & running, maybe I'll run a special sale on fencing gear for a while, with proceeds going ot the foundation... "

I always thought that behind the exterior there was a heart of gold. smile.gif

Well, since I'm Italian, it's more likely a heart of pasta!!!

*blushes*

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users