Jessica Lynch Forums: Cnn Article That Predates The Bbc One - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cnn Article That Predates The Bbc One The Iraqi doctors admit Jessica was mistreated at Saddam General

#1 User is offline   Matt Wiser 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

Folks, this article was probably up on the forum before one of the crashes, and may have been lost, so here goes; it's from CNN, and John Vause was the reporter. He went to Nasiriya three weeks after the battle was over and Jessica's rescue, and visited Saddam General. The Iraqi doctors tell a different story than what they told the BBC, and they told a modified version to NBC after the BBC's crappy claim. One of the Iraqi doctors admits that Jessica was beaten at Saddam General, and that Iraqi soldiers kept them from checking on her more than twice a day. They did wonder why the rescue team blew open some doors and wrecked the phone system, though. (SOP on any such op is to cut all communications and assume there's a bad guy behind any locked door, so you blow the door)

Any comments or thoughts? [attachmentid=109]

Attached File(s)

Treat everyone you meet with kindness and respect, but always have ready a plan to kill them.

Old USMC Adage

#2 User is offline   The Shadow 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:27 AM

This revelation comes as no surprise to me. What is surprising is that it came from CNN. They are no friends of Jessica Lynch or the American Armed Forces. The other surprise is that the BBC( British Bull and Crap) was not able to supress this article.

The Shadow.

#3 User is offline   Laracroft 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

thanks for the post i do have a ? about the article he said he gave her food I thought she said she afraid to eat the food because it might be poisoned.

QUOTE(Matt Wiser @ Oct 21 2007, 12:03 AM) View Post

Folks, this article was probably up on the forum before one of the crashes, and may have been lost, so here goes; it's from CNN, and John Vause was the reporter. He went to Nasiriya three weeks after the battle was over and Jessica's rescue, and visited Saddam General. The Iraqi doctors tell a different story than what they told the BBC, and they told a modified version to NBC after the BBC's crappy claim. One of the Iraqi doctors admits that Jessica was beaten at Saddam General, and that Iraqi soldiers kept them from checking on her more than twice a day. They did wonder why the rescue team blew open some doors and wrecked the phone system, though. (SOP on any such op is to cut all communications and assume there's a bad guy behind any locked door, so you blow the door)

Any comments or thoughts? [attachmentid=109]

#4 User is offline   Matt Wiser 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:57 PM

Jessica was afraid of being drugged; that's why she insisted that when they did bring her juice, milk, or crackers, the staff opened the packages in front of her. Her biggest fear was being drugged and then waking up and finding out she's missing a leg, or worse, on her way to Baghdad. The Iraqis were planning to send her to Baghdad at some point.
Treat everyone you meet with kindness and respect, but always have ready a plan to kill them.

Old USMC Adage

#5 User is offline   Dilligafst 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

Matt:

Thanks, man. Remember that article. It was on earlier before the crash. If I recall right there was quite a lot going on about it back then.

#6 User is offline   Matt Wiser 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

Dilligfast, glad to see you're still hanging around. Anyway, the Iraqi doctors' story kept changing either with the wind, or whichever reporters showed up. If the newsies were Americans, they got a story similar to what the CNN guy got. If they were British or Canadian, they got a story similar to what the BBC (British Bull and
Crap) put out (as did the Toronto Star-and a Canadian friend of mine says the Star got royally roasted up there for it by ex-Canadian military and SWAT guys-they would've done what the SEALs did if it was their operation). When NBC showed up to debunk the BBC, the pendulum swung back. They even showed the NBC crew where the Baath Party goons and military had their command center in the basement, the expended flash-bangs, and so on. After the CNN story raised the issue of mistreatment in the hospital, maybe the doctors decided to show things in a different light, and decided to tell the reporter(s) what they wanted to hear, perhaps? In this case, the CNN and NBC stories seem to be on the right track. And the BBC reporter admitted a pro-British bias on CNN when CNN's anchor roasted him for the story.

Old USMC Adage

#7 User is offline   Dilligafst 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

Hello Matt:

Yep, am still a curse to this board:) Check in at least a couple times a week to see what's going on, but have not left my mark for a while:) In any case, I remembered the furor over that piece, though not the details that you listed. It should be remembered that it is an Arabic trait to change stories to suit the particular person listening, probably a survival technique burned into them after thousands of millenniums of conquerors and such. When I lived over there I heard the same story, for instance, about how a dress that my girlfriend coveted was returned, expressed in numerous shades, each one embellishing more than the previous one. I do remember the BBC, the grandstanding issue, and also that Jessica herself came tolerably close to saying that the grandstanding (the BBC did credit Jessica's heroism or those going in to get her) was not that far off the mark, and that the BBC is noticeably against the war, as are a majority of the British people. In any case, no matter what CNN, Fox, BBC, CBC, said in their respective pieces back then, I still wonder how it was that with all those Fedayeen around that place, the doctors managed to save Jessica's life at all. How the Fedayeen let them for one thing is still a mystery. Here they are, fighting Americans all around the city, using the hospital as their command center, and they have a badly wounded blond-haired captive that somehow survived those three hours, in their midst and women in uniform, a woman in any kind of authority for that matter, is definitely against what they believe in.
I know that they wanted to take Jessica to Baghdad, but for what, especially in her condition. I have never got over wondering about that.

#8 User is offline   Matt Wiser 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:27 PM

All the POWs were taken to Baghdad, as that is where the Iraqis planned to keep them long-term. Of course, if the Iraqi military in that hospital were believing their own Propaganda, they would have thought that the roads to Baghdad were still open. They weren't. I wouldn't be suprised if, when the Al-Rashid Military Prison (located at the Al-Rashid Air Base in SE Baghdad) was overrun on 8 April 2003, documents were captured that told the prison staff to "expect one more female American prisoner." Of course, any such captured documents are properly classified, but still, since Saddam's regime documented everything, and the mounds of captured materials testify to that.

Old USMC Adage

#9 User is offline   Dilligafst 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

Well, you could be right there. In Jessica's sad condition then, it would have been easier for the soldiers there to just kill her or order the docs to let her perish. After all, they did have the guns. But somehow, somewhere, someone or something was able to intercede and either allowed, forced, or whatever the reverse to happen and Jessica is among us today because of it. When this war or whatever it is began, I was laid up after an operation. When Jessica and company went missing, I cried..I have lived over there and seen what the Arabic culture on the street level thinks of western ladies in roles that do not conform to their views of what women should be. It's pretty harrowing.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users