Jessica Lynch Forums: Soldiers Wishing To Deploy In Support Of Oif/oef - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soldiers Wishing To Deploy In Support Of Oif/oef OIF/OEF

#1 User is offline   Btase 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:00 AM

Hello. I am soldier stationed in Japan. After reading Jessica Lynch's book I realize that she is a hero and also that as far as her career goes we have some similarites. Those similarites are that I am from WV and I also join the Army to earn money for college so that I could return to WV to be a teacher. I also went to Fort Jackson for Basic training and my first duty station was Fort Bliss, TX. In early 1997 my patriot unit got ready to deploy to Kuwait for Operation Desert Fox. Instead of deploying with them I PCS to Germany. I was stationed at Fort Meade during the 9/11 attacks and a operation to help out with the clean up of the Pentagon came down to my unit but was not open for support personnel. I am currently stationed in Japan and now the same thing is happening. All of the taskings that come down for my unit are only open for MI and not for Combat Support personnel. Recently I have heard that some soldiers who already have deployed to either Afganistan or Iraq are being told to deployed again. I dont think this is fair. Their are a lot of service members who want to go serve their country in a combat zone but for some reason or another are not allow to. I think the military or Army should have some type of volunteer system to allow service members to volunteer for operations such as OIF, OEF, Operation Noble Eagle, etc... If anyone knows of some type of system please let me know.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users