• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Get Well Soon

#1 User is offline   nicole_and_jerry 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:53 AM

Jessica,
I saw some of your special 90-minute interview on Primetime last night. I just wanted to let you know that what you did for our country was totally amazing and you are truly one of my heroes. I would love to be able to do for my country what you did. Just remember, stay strong and keep up the good work. If you want something bad enough, God will make it happen for you.
Nicole

#2 User is offline   robynmpio 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:10 PM

Dear young soldier, Jessica -

Thank you for your service to the United States of America - to all of us.

To serve in the armed forces is noble - but sometimes very difficult. No country can exist without its armed forces. Every soldier's willingness to serve is important to each of us. Service is honorable and meaningful.

For you now:
Please try to take some time to heal more BEFORE you take vows of marriage. A husband will love you and offer to stand with you - but he cannot be a full time therapist and he cannot help you like only God can - and will. Please try not to expect miraculous healing abilities from a spouse or your marriage may suffer - which would cause sorrow for both of you.

Please take more time to heal first: with your family, with a spiritual counselor, a minister... and with time to overcome the ordeal that has deeply wounded your very soul.

You have been through a terrible suffering, a terrible sorrow. I care. Many care. I pray for you, and many are praying for you - especially your loved ones.

But you have to go through this yourself, ultimately - with the Good Shepherd. Don't give up. God will never give up on you - He will return you to health, and return to you the freedom of inner joy - a joy that you will share with the man who will be your husband.

Love and prayers,

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users