Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jessica For President Suggestion

#1 User is offline   carrolljerry2000@yahoo.com 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:36 PM

My name is Jerry Carroll and I know we are due a woman president. I do not think anyone has the standing of Jessica Lynch and I am working on a book "THE
LAST WOMAN PRESIDENT" because my Sociology professor was always saying "let's see, who was the Last Woman President ?" and i would be happy to send my manuscript for Jessica's approval and changes. Please reply with email address or mail address if possible. I was in the Air Force for four years and i won 2nd place in the AF short story contest in 1962, (I am 65). Jerry Carroll///

#2 User is offline   jakeh 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:52 PM

fwiw,
there have been several unofficial women presidents, depending on how you interp the particular situation, check out edith wilson when her hubby got a mystery ailment, eleanor roosevelt when her hubby was on his unhealthy way out, check out the steel magnolia and her daughter amy, they seem to have more to say then jimmy who?, certainly hillary and her temper tantrums got hubby's attention after his no-no with the cigar chick.
i'm almost positive condoleeza is the real brains in the white house, every time dubya does an off-the-cuff stunt and condi isn't there to keep him from saying the wrong thing at the most inopportune time like his latest zinger, he created a new tribe or something in lebanon calling them hezboolians, if i git his texan pro-noun-ciation rat.
i have not had the esteemed honor of meeting jessica, perhaps, if the good Lord willing allows me that privileged opportunity, i have some interesting anecdotes to share with her about the 507th who had a european control location at gerszewski barracks in knielingen, outside karsruhe, germany. i worked across the street from them when i was ncoic of the 761st med dispensary. then again i'm talking about a time when she was a future gleam in her parent's eyes.

since i am new to this forum i have several other topics of a decidely humor spin to offer but i'm not sure yet as to what is deemed an appropriate. i take for granted jessica being a lynch a time honored irish name, also where some scots folk driven out of scotland for religious reasons over to northern ireland intermarried with the irish and picked up over time the label scots-irish with predominantly irsh names, could also be a member of that oppressed grouping.
When i was a kid, say, some 60+ years ago it was common to hear in NYC folk saying stuff like, ya know there's only 2 kinds of people on this planet, those who are already irish and all the rest who wanns be irish.

So, if jessica decides to run for office there be a whole big bunch of us irish folk out there to cheer her on.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users