Jessica Lynch Forums: Changes - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Changes What we don't know and will be revealed

#1 Guest_mainzman_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 July 2003 - 04:05 PM

Well folks, it's been a while since we have heard any news about Jessica's general condition and situation. But MY opinion is, once the report about the ambush is finally out, the public will know alot more, or will we? Will some of the secrecy concerning Jessica's hospital stay (her room reportedly being isolated at the end of a hallway with a security guard there 24/7 and rehabilitation sessions done in privacy) remain enforced after the report is out? Im not saying that I want to know every little detail of what happened. My comments are merely an opinion and observation.

#2 User is offline   perilousgirl 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 July 2003 - 08:23 PM

To quote Mark Twain in Huck Finn " Better leave just blame well enough alone"

Meaning that we mite not want to hear what truley happened to the 507th. The truth may hurt. It could make us loose our faith in Jessica. I could go the other way around. It could open reports that Jessica was treated even worse than what we belive now. If that happens it mite affect some of us when we read what really happened to Jessica.

I am sure she is doing fine. If you want to know what she goes through daily in the hospital see my reply post on that replying to the tread "A typical Day at Walter Reed"

and remember No news is Good news

#3 Guest_jean_*

Posted 09 July 2003 - 07:40 AM

The truth may hurt. It could make us loose our faith in Jessica.

Why?

this is one of the many problems with society if people make mistakes it is deemed something shameful, that needs to be covered up. People in positions of authority who make mistakes that have an adverse effect on people are allowed to retire with full pensions or resign.

The ills of the world will not be solved whilst cover ups, skulduggery and cloak and dagger are allowed to continue.

It is only human that we make mistakes in our lives. It is nothing to be ashamed of. A human who can admit they made a mistake or did something wrong has honour. But there is nothing honourable about cover ups.

I don't know what happened, none of us do. We all have our own opinions.

But if mistakes were made it is nothing to be ashamed of. and if mistakes were made why does that have to mean people lose faith in Pfc Lynch or anybody else?

If she were treated far worse than initial reports suggest it goes back to something I said earlier for which I was lambasted for. All I'm going to say is the world is a harsh place and people need to wise up to that fact, instead of burying their heads in the sand. There are far too many people on Earth who have a rose tinted view of life.

Only by knowing the truth of what is happening on Earth can we ever hope to put an end to all this needless suffering. We only have 80 or 90 years if we're lucky, and we spend it killing and hurting each other and struggling to have a half decent life.

Life is what we make it, and it's very tragic what we've made it. Even if we know the truth the suffering will still continue, but by not knowing it there will never be an end in sight.

#4 User is offline   FIREMAN 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 July 2003 - 12:50 PM

Nothing in the summary report make me lose faith in any of the 507th, especially Jessica Lynch.

Anyone who would blame her for what happened is an idiot.

#5 Guest_mainzman_*

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:17 PM

Each member of the unit that was involved in the ambush performed honorably and did their absolute best to survive and save the lives of their fellow soldiers! As fate would determine it, those elements of the 507th were in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and under the wrong circumstances.

#6 Guest_JessicaL03_*

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Soprano84 @ Jul 9 2003, 12:50 PM)
Nothing in the summary report make me lose faith in any of the 507th, especially Jessica Lynch.

Anyone who would blame her for what happened is an idiot.

biggrin.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif cool.gif tongue.gif Bravo well said, Whatever comes out of all this will never make me lose faith In Jessi!!!!!! To Me, what ever happened out there is not what makes her a hero. What makes her a hero in my opinion is what she overcame to home alive, She has indured such horrific injuries that would make many people just want to give up, but she didn't give up instead she stayed strong and survived.Thank God. To me that's what makes her shine as a hero in my eyes!!! God Bless Jessi!!!!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users