Jessica Lynch Forums: Another Article On The Rescue - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another Article On The Rescue Basically dissects the BBC types!

#1 User is offline   FIREMAN 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 June 2003 - 01:43 PM

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/EF10Ak02.html

#2 User is offline   iron-bound 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:24 PM

That was an excellent article.

I enjoyed the slightly sarcastic tone he used.

#3 User is offline   FIREMAN 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Khan Benjamin @ Jun 9 2003, 02:24 PM)
That was an excellent article.

I enjoyed the slightly sarcastic tone he used.

I'm sure the BBC and LA Times didn't!!!

Made MY day!

#4 Guest_LesterB_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:44 PM

That was a great story...Thanks Soprano84...the sarcasm in this story was hilarious;

" What US military commander would risk the lives of his soldiers, and of Private Lynch, by casually waltzing up to the hospital front door and asking pretty-please, might he inquire as to the whereabouts of a stray soldier about yay high?"

Too Funny!!!

#5 User is offline   cody evans 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:53 PM

Yes, I saw that article and was tempted to post it, but I wanted to keep the board clear of recycled news because Foxtrot and Canuck1000 were starting to come out with new developments. But you are right. It is just too good to pass up.

#6 Guest_LesterB_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:53 PM

I'm curious if any of our UK friends are seeing stories (That contradict the BBC) like this one...other than on the net of course. I know that there are a few members from the UK on this forum. I would be interested in knowing what the general public, in the UK, thinks of the BBC, Toronto Star and the LA Slimes…I mean LA Times stories???

#7 User is offline   lawtk 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2003 - 04:40 PM

I'm curious if any of our UK friends are seeing stories (That contradict the BBC) like this one...other than on the net of course.

Well, obviously the whole Jessica Lynch story has not been reported in such depth in the UK as it has in the US. I don't recall seeing any stories like the one in this thread, but maybe I don't read the right papers...
Remember though that it was two UK papers, the Times and the Daily Telegraph that first carried interviews with the Iraqi doctors, way back on 16 April. The Toronto Star and the BBC followed up in early May, and now the AP has done the same.
I can only give a personal opinion on the stories- the BBC's suggestion that the rescue was some sort of Hollywood production I find competely laughable. Robert Scheer in the LA Times is even worse- he actually misrepresents what the BBC said to fit his own agenda.
The Toronto Star version is not so bad. The quotes are the same as the BBC's- I suspect the reporters went round the hospital together. The acount of the rescue mission is more believable- the special forces going in hard at first, and then tension decreasing as they realise there is no threat. None of the rubbish about blanks here.
We don't have to believe that Lynch's stay in the hospital was quite the idyll that the doctors make it sound, but I see no reason to doubt that they cared for her as best they could.

#8 User is offline   papags46 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2003 - 07:45 PM

Thanks for that article. We should all send that article over to our homies at BBC, the Toronto Star and the LA Times. Feel the burn! laugh.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users