Jessica Lynch Forums: Unedited Video Requested - Jessica Lynch Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unedited Video Requested Kucinich wants answers...

#1 User is offline   carolemac 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:29 AM

Congressman Kucinich, D-Ohio, has issued a press release, requesting unedited videotapes of Jessica's rescue.

New Zealand Scoop full text of press release

He bases his inquiry on reports of Iraqi doctors, not exactly a hotbed of truth. He's looking for private news reports to verify something they didn't witness, not exactly hard evidence. Military operations generally require the use of force where opposing force is expected, regardless of whether force is actually encountered. Kucincih presumes to replan an operation after the fact and to tell trained military professionals how to carry out an extraction. One would've thought that kind of micromanaging of military operations went out with the last chopper from the American Embassy in South Vietnam. That he has the audacity and pure unmitigated gall to second-guess and question the actions of our military is completely beyond reason. If he wanted to tell the military what to do, he should have become a General. He is just more evidence of the need to have a minimum military service requirement for anybody seeking to hold federal elective office, up to and including the Presidency. It's time we put a stop to doves and enemy appeasers making decisions that affect the America's military and the security of this country.

Phntmstrngr

#2 User is offline   KateNaddaf 

• Pip

Posted 04 June 2003 - 08:10 AM

I don't agree with Congressman Kucinich on a whole hell of a lot (flamin freakin liberal), but on this issue, I agree - its time we had the truth. I think that the army has done a terrible job with the way it has handled inquiries so far.

Personally, I think the idea that the rescue was staged is prepostorous. Our Special Op's guys shooting blanks - please( These men are trained to kill people and break things, not act in B action movies).

However, I also don't think that Ms. Lynch was a female rambo either. I doubt that she was shot and stabbed. I also think that the people in this forum who think she deserves the medal of honor are a little nuts. She is a hero for serving and for going through what she did. However, she is not Audie Murphy or Sgt. Alvin York. Actually, it is PC folly to even send women near the front lines.

Anyway, enough of my 2 cents, but the public deserves to know the truth about what happened.

#3 Guest_tekteam26_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:38 AM

I'm just wondering how Congressman Kucinich would react if he really did find out the truth about Jessica's captivity and rescue? Will he share it unedited to the rest of the nation so we can breathe a sigh of relief or will he conceal some or all of it and try to do some sort of political spin of how he would have done it so much better if he were president?

Jerry Hall

#4 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip

Posted 04 June 2003 - 02:27 PM

Notice he requested this AFTER NBC did their piece based on the BBC Reports. Here we go again! This is just his way of getting in the public eye. After all he is going to run for president, and he has to make people remember his name. What he fails to realize is there are millions of Jessi supporters that are voters too, and this tactic will probably backfire on him!

#5 User is offline   papags46 

• Pip

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (fixitmhn @ Jun 4 2003, 02:27 PM)
What he fails to realize is there are millions of Jessi supporters that are voters too, and this tactic will probably backfire on him!

I hope so... maybe it will teach the guy a good lesson.

#6 User is offline   iron-bound 

• Pip

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:44 PM

What he fails to realize is there are millions of Jessi supporters that are voters too, and this tactic will probably backfire on him!

Yes indeed it will. He's attempting to hold politically unviable ground, and I think he's going to realize it soon enough.

#7 Guest_dilligafst_*

Posted 06 June 2003 - 01:52 AM

Just catching up on the site here after a couple days away and read tmmango's post. Congressman Kucinich might be a "flamin' freakin liberal," but if it were not for us flamin' freakin liberals, we would not have such things as civil rights. A lot of people got hurt or died here on the streets for the such things as the right to vote at age eighteen (liberals fought so that women could get the vote in 1919) in the 1960's; in the 1950's and 60's us flamin' freakin' liberals at great sacrifice even got African-Americans the right to vote and drink at the same water fountain as whites. In the 1960's every man at the age of eighteen was subject to the draft. Us flamin' liberals got that one rescinded at enormous cost in tear gas and busted heads (I was there), among other things, plus women in the armed forces in capacities other than as secretaries or nurses. And, in his day, Thomas Jefferson was a flamin' freakin' liberal.

I agree wholeheartedly with tmmango that the army has done an awful job of handling inquiries. Tmmango hit it right on the bullseye. The army spinmasters, or whoever, really blew it, not once, but twice, with this amnesia story as well. Jessica and her family certainly do not deserve to have to defend the rescue as well as everything else they are coping with. The public does, in fact, deserve to know -- within reasonable limits and sensibilities, of course -- because, after all, we do foot the bill for all this. The army has not trusted us enough. Us liberals throwing a bone in the works:)) Yet, it is more than that. Despite the army gaffs, the public has, as far as I know, not been swindled and has shown fantastic support for Jessica and her family. They do not seem to care if Jessica was Rambo Jane, something impossible in that short firefight, but the public has shown pretty great solidarity in support for Jessica. Their new house, for instance, where Jessica will, we all hope, soon go to continue her recovery, has been re-modeled with public donations from all over the country. It will be the public, local and national, that will, we all hope, continue their support despite what the spinmasters come up with.

#8 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (dilligafst @ Jun 6 2003, 02:52 AM)
In the 1960's every man at the age of eighteen was subject to the draft. Us flamin' liberals got that one rescinded

The flaming liberals did not get the draft rescinded. It ended because the Vietnam war ended. My lottery number never got called, but I came very close to being called in(went for my physical, etc.). Then the armed forces went all volunteer. You bet your sweet bipee (those from my generation will know what that means) that if the need arises again, the draft will be reinstated!

#9 Guest_redfalcon_*

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:29 AM

Whoa!
Too many people starting to get a little onery here.
Please keep in mind that disagreements will occur between posters,but if you want to argue with others may I suggest private messaging each other instead of putting the argument on the board.
Remember this is supposed to be a positive message of support for Miss.Lynch to hopefully see one day if she hasn't already.

May God Bless You All smile.gif

#10 Guest_tekteam26_*

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:38 AM

Congressman Kucinich...realizing that he is trying to hold politically unviable ground, I don't think so. He's going to push this issue right to the limit and probably beyond it. He is looking to get into the spotlight any way that he can and he feels that the story of Jessica's captivity and rescue will do that for him much better than his own ideas and policies. I rather doubt that he would know the truth if it came around and bit him in the behind anyway.

Jerry Hall

#11 Guest_dilligafst_*

Posted 06 June 2003 - 10:59 AM

fixitmhn: I was one of those that refused to register for the draft, something that had a lot of risks as it was against the law back in those days, as you know:) It was all the guys burning their draft cards and resisting it that ended the draft. The Vietnam war was still going on and some of my friends that had gone in were still going over there. One never came back.

LOL..and I know well what you bet your sweet bipee means:) It's been a lot of years since I heard that one:)

I think you're right, though, that they could very well try to reinstate it. I wonder what will happen. Thanks for the post. Take care.

#12 User is offline   FIREMAN 

• Pip

Posted 06 June 2003 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (dilligafst @ Jun 6 2003, 10:59 AM)
fixitmhn: I was one of those that refused to register for the draft, something that had a lot of risks as it was against the law back in those days, as you know:) It was all the guys burning their draft cards and resisting it that ended the draft. The Vietnam war was still going on and some of my friends that had gone in were still going over there. One never came back.

LOL..and I know well what you bet your sweet bipee means:) It's been a lot of years since I heard that one:)

I think you're right, though, that they could very well try to reinstate it. I wonder what will happen. Thanks for the post. Take care.

Here come da judge!!

#13 User is offline   papags46 

• Pip

Posted 06 June 2003 - 01:20 PM

Liberals have done some good things but they sometimes just go a little too far. Pfc. Jessica Lynch's story had a happy ending. She was rescued and brought back home, now on the road to full recovery. Why can't people just leave it there? (I'm not saying the liberals screwed the rescue up)

Years later, somebody will bring up Jessica Lynch and you'll think "oh yeah, she's the POW that got rescued but weren't the herioc stories about her and the rescue a fake or something?"

Is it a crime that the military and Pentagon kept the story private? Does Pfc. Jessica Lynch deserve to be criticized for serving America and almost gettting killed while protecting our freedom? For what, some doctors said they were scared and the Americans broke some doorknobs in the hospital. Are some broken things worth a soldier's life?

#14 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip

Posted 06 June 2003 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (dilligafst @ Jun 6 2003, 11:59 AM)
It was all the guys burning their draft cards and resisting it that ended the draft.  The Vietnam war was still going on and some of my friends that had gone in were still going over there.  One never came back.

While I agree that the war was still going on, the war was winding down and that's why the draft was ended, Not because of the draft card burning. I was in college at the time and participated in my share of anti war demonstrations and we definitely didn't have the ears of the politicians. In those days the politicians didn't listen to the protesters and draft card burners. The only reason the draft ended was because it wasn't necessary. They had enough recruits to satisfy their needs and ended it. My lottery number was in the middle of the pack, and I came real close to being called in so I was extremely aware of what was going on with the draft, and my parents were elated when it ended. The politicians and Defense Secretary McNamara indicated it ended because it wasn't needed anymore, but they reserved the right to re-instate it if required to satisfy their military requirements. I sat on pins and needles for a while wondering if they would reinstate it and I would be called. As it turned out my physical turned up a medical problem and they probably wouldn't have taken me anyway, but who knew? Any way, it's water under the bridge and I thank god for all the real heros that sign on the dotted line to defend this country. They are the real heros.

#15 Guest_canuck1000_*

Posted 06 June 2003 - 04:50 PM

It is very hard to see the draft coming back. The reason for that is that the draft brings in inferior troops who are not ready for the fight that lies ahead on the battlefield. As a historian and soldier I can tell you that volunteering for the services is hard as it is. I dont want to go into battle with someone who did not volunteer.

There is no doubt that you will have politicans jump all over this matter with PFC Lynch to gain a political edge. This is sad but get used to it as it has happened in the past and it will happen again. The last thing you want to do is to speculate on what is happening without knowing the facts. I have seen it happen in Canada where specualtion and gossip without knowing the facts leads. The list thou of politicians who want to know the truth is growing and given that now the pentagon is going to be testing every soldier who has served and continues to serve in the pentagon you will be seeing the politicians jumping all over Bush as to where the WMD are. I dont want this to overshadow what PFC Lynch did over there and what the current heros are doing over there and continue to do in the defence of Ole Glory

Robert Kerr

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users