• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

She Is A Hero Song Dedicated to Jessica Lynch

#1 User is offline   Black-Hawk-Pilot 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2003 - 07:13 AM

Hi everyone,

"She Is A Hero" is a song that came straight from my heart and is dedicated to Jessica. I am honored to have been invited to sing it to her personally at her welcome home celebration. Plans are in progress and Jessica will certainly know how much her country loves her after that night! We look forward to meeting all of you there. Please be sure to come up and meet us - I would love to speak with all of you. For those of you that live in or near Jessica's hometown - be sure to go by the Town Hall in Elizabeth and give our dear friend Penny McVay a big hug from Eric and Debby.

Unlike other music artists, I have a unique connection to our military. My wife Debby lost her former Marine husband (from Hanover, WV) and the father of her son in the terrorist attack on the Marine Barracks in Beirut, Lebanon on October 23, 1983. I penned my song “We Will Stand” the night of the 9/11/01 attacks on America in an attempt to comfort my wife after watching her relive the horror of losing her former husband all over again. This song went to radio and TV all across the United States and in Europe on 9/12/01 and offered comfort to a grieving nation. I went on to write an entire patriotic album with many songs to honor our military – including a song to “Welcome Home” our veterans. I try to share the message in my “Celebrate America” show with Veterans and American’s all across our country. I sing each year at the Beirut Memorial in Jacksonville, NC in honor of the 241 Marines and soldiers that gave their lives. I have toured with "America's Patriot" Lee Greenwood for the past 15 years and have been buddies with young Brad Paisley since he was a 12 year old youngster. I am currently signed with "Reborn Records" and our album will be released May 1st featuring Jessica's song "She Is A Hero". Hope it will bless you as much as writing it has blessed me.

God bless Jessica and our country!

Eric & Debby Horner
Reborn Records
Nashville, TN

"She Is A Hero" can be heard at http://www.erichorner.com

#2 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 26 April 2003 - 08:49 AM

God bless you and Debby, Eric! It's been nearly twenty years since the attack on the Marine barracks in Beirut, but it was very traumatic to me. I'm so sorry about your wife's former husband sad.gif

I'd love to meet you'll, but don't have any plans to attend Jessica's homecoming. That's a time for her folks, friends, and neighbors. Thanks to my humble website in honor of Jessica and the power of prayer, I know firsthand just how wonderful and caring the citizens of West Virginia are, and how proud they are of Jessica (from the 150+ kind emails recieved from the Mountaineer State since my website went online April 5th).

We're very proud of her here in Georgia too, and are thrilled she's feeling better. smile.gif

Thanks,
Perry

#3 User is offline   Black-Hawk-Pilot 

• Pip

Posted 26 April 2003 - 10:16 AM

Thank you Perry,

Deb has been through a lot - and my hope is that she is comforted by the music - she is my inspiration and my hero. When I write a song - it comes from my heart and I have to truly believe what I am writing about. If it doesn't give me goosebumps - then I know it's not real.

Best of luck to you my friend,

Eric

#4 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip

Posted 26 April 2003 - 12:53 PM

Thanks Eric! smile.gif
I know what you mean about being led by your heart....I was the same way with the small website in honor of Jessica. It was a labor of love...when creating it, I thought of my three little sisters, and my sweetheart eight year old niece...they were the inspiration -- it's the same type of website I'd make if they were seriously injured and in the hospital, and me far away (my oldest sis and my niece are way up in Oregon).

When you create something from your heart and led by your conscience...you'll never go wrong smile.gif

Have a wonderful weekend Eric! smile.gif

Best of luck and God bless,
Perry

#5 User is offline   Black-Hawk-Pilot 

• Pip

Posted 26 April 2003 - 03:44 PM

Thank you Perry. Cherish those precious little sisters and tell them that you love them every chance that you get!

God bless,

Eric Horner

#6 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip

Posted 26 April 2003 - 07:18 PM

Thanks Eric..
I thank the good Lord for my little sisters everyday; as well as my precious little niece and two nephews. A couple weeks ago my niece told me "thanks for making a website to make Jessica feel better. I love you uncle Perry" smile.gif smile.gif

I'm still floating on air Eric...those words meant more to me than all the money on earth.

Have a blessed Sunday..
Perry

#7 User is offline   Black-Hawk-Pilot 

• Pip

Posted 27 April 2003 - 06:33 AM

Dear friends,

Our hearts have been heavy all night with some sad news we received. Debby's 17 year old nephew was committed this past week to a mental hospital - for evaluation at this point. It was discovered that he has been "bleeding" himself and his bedroom is full of satanic stuff. Last night - we discovered his website with pictures and almost 150 "poems" he had written. Deb sat here for hours reading these - horrified. She held this child as a baby and watched him grow-up - it is breaking her heart. Please lift him up in your prayers. His name is Brian.

God bless,

Eric & Debby

#8 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip

Posted 27 April 2003 - 07:37 AM

Eric, I just said a prayer on Brian's behalf, and will continue to remember him in my prayers. I'm praying for you and Debby too...I have two precious little nephews, (ages 6 &4), and can just imagine the horror Debby feels this morning.

God Bless You,
Perry

#9 User is offline   Black-Hawk-Pilot 

• Pip

Posted 27 April 2003 - 08:39 AM

Good morning Perry,

This is Debby Horner. Thank you for your prayers. I have been sitting here for hours printing out my nephews poems - It turns my blood cold reading these. I have never seen such hatred for life, God and everything else. I am stunned that he hid all of this. Granted we live in Nashville, TN and he is in Wilmington, NC - so we only see him maybe once a year now - but why did his parents not see this and do something!!! My brother (Brian's father) is bi-polar but refuses to even speak about it with a dr and keep help. There is no doubt in any of our minds that he is the root of all of this. I can't get the picture of this beautiful young blonde haired little boy out of my mind - he has dyed his hair black, painted his finger nails black and worships satan. He has posted pictures on his site - one just totally destroyed me - he had taken his family's Bible - made a wooden cross and wrote "Hail Satan" on the cross - laying it on top of the Bible. I can't even begin to understand the depth that Brian has sunk to. I can only pray that his dr's and God will turn him around - and remove him from his parents home for good! He tried to commit suicide a couple of years ago - and my brother refused to get him help. Please keep him in your prayers - I think that is the only thing that will save him.

God bless,

Debby Horner

#10 User is offline   atomeye 

• Pip

Posted 27 April 2003 - 11:12 AM

Cool, the song is really very well !!!

#11 Guest_canuck1000_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 April 2003 - 05:33 PM

Mr Horner you did a very beautiful job on the song and hope and pray that your career continues to be blessed by the big general in the sky

#12 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip

Posted 28 April 2003 - 12:13 AM

Debby, earnest prayers from the heart will do more good for your nephew than a psychiatrist. I'm not being disrespectful to them...my sisters father in law and brother in law are both in the profession, and are wonderful men, but they'll admit things like satanic worship takes a change of heart...no counseling or medication can make a cold heart full of hatred suddenly become filled with love and compassion...it takes love, prayers, and conviction in his heart.
Counselers and therapists can be a big help...my sister is living proof; but the prayers can melt his heart and make the therapy easier and far more likely to succeed.

I honestly hope and pray Brian is only rebelling and crying out for attention, but it sounds more serious than that. Brian is being influenced by someone in a very negative way...family, friends, or someone he's met/seen on the internet. That's how those two young suicidal killers at Columbine high school got their start....feeling unwanted and despised by peers at school, then finding websites that fanned their flames into hatred, then murder.

I've just completed a new website in loving memory of Rachel Joy Scott (a 17 year old girl that was murdered at Columbine that refused to deny her faith in God, even after being shot, lying injured on the ground...just seconds before Eric Harris ended her precious life). I created the homepage just to honor her memory, and give my testimony of what her faith and legacy have done to change my life. Maybe if Brian sees it, and other websites such as Mike/Sea Wolf's (the one that convicted my heart and brought me back to Christ)....along with fervent prayers on Brian's behalf--it will soften his heart. Get him a copy of "Rachel's Tears"...reading it only served to make my heart more humble, reading Rachel's journal entries, handwritten thoughts from her heart regarding her relationship with God (I purchased a journal today to begin writing my thoughts and prayers in).

Above else, love him Debby...like you've never loved him before. Behind the hatred and black hair is still the little loving blonde haired boy you remember. After mom died and Becky suffered severe physical and emotional abuse from dad, she rebelled and did very destructive things...alcohol, drugs, and other things trying to escape. She nearly died from Anerexia Nervosa...she weighed 90 lbs at one point (at 5'5")-- would break my heart by saying she was still "too fat" sad.gif
She was almost killed a couple times in car accidents...but fortune smiled on her (suffered injuries but not life threatening -- in totalled vehicles).

I've held her at 4 a.m. when she was screaming and sobbing from her nightmares, I've held her, let her curse and hit me when she was out of control, even drunk...hating everyone around, the pain from dad's rejection nearly killing her (he didn't bother to attend her high school or college graduation sad.gif It wasn't easy, nor was her survival guaranteed. Sis was very lucky...some of her friends weren't. I've lay awake all night long on numerous occasions, not knowing if she were dead or alive...when she'd run off. She had some very close calls, and today will admit it. Fortunately, she married a great guy in 93', is today fine emotionally, and a wonderful 37 year old mother to three sweetheart kids.

All you can do is your best....if Becky had lost her life from an accident, anorexia, a drug overdose, suicide, or the wrong man in the wrong mood...it would have torn my heart out -- but I would have known I did everything in my power to save her. I'll continue to pray fervently for Brian..and for you Debby.

Here's my site in loving memory of an angel (Rachel Scott)
http://community-2.webtv.net/PerryXXL/Inlovingmemory

Here's Sea-Wolf/ Mike's site in loving memory of Rachel
http://www.racheljoyscott.net

God Bless You!
Perry

#13 User is offline   Black-Hawk-Pilot 

• Pip

Posted 02 May 2003 - 07:38 AM

Hi everyone,

We have been on the road the past week but heading back to Nashville this afternoon - home tomorrow. Will catch up with everyone then.

#14 User is offline   Black-Hawk-Pilot 

• Pip

Posted 03 May 2003 - 11:47 PM

Hi everyone,

Well we are finally home after a week on the road! We have 2 very happy girls! (Our labs) It's nice to be missed! Hope everyone had a good week.

We sang at a Vietnam Veterans Recognition service at New River Air Station in NC Wednesday - what a moving service! At the last minute - we were asked to add "She Is A Hero" to the program to honor the forgotten women heroes. What a great response! We are home for a whole week - then back out next weekend. Yeah!!

Take care,

Eric & Debby biggrin.gif

#15 User is offline   iron-bound 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2003 - 01:02 AM

Good to hear from you again, Eric.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, despite its somber nature. I'm sure everyone there appreciated your appearance at the service.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users