Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What The Latest???? Jessicas recovery

#1 User is offline   bpgarr1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 May 2003 - 09:20 AM

Been watching this board now for near 3 weeks. Was wondering just how Jessicas recovery is coming along? Caught 1 news item on the CBS evening news a few nights back and all he said was she was still in the hospital still recovering. Any one know any more than that??? unsure.gif

#2 User is offline   scott_cramer 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2003 - 01:05 PM

I've got the same question myself. For such a non-stop headline grabbing story, it sure fell of the media spotlight rather quickly.

#3 User is offline   Patricia 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2003 - 02:25 PM

trakman
Just keep to this site. Read past posts, if needed. Keep in touch here.

#4 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 04 May 2003 - 02:26 PM

Jessica is recovering, but it's a very slow process. Several NASCAR Winston Cup race drivers were allowed a short visit with her on Friday while they visited other injured soldiers at Walter Reed Medical Center.

Driver Michael Waltrip said he was shocked at how small Jessica was. He also said she was very pretty; but told them she was still in a lot of pain (even with pain medication). Other drivers that visited Jessica were Dale Earnhardt Jr, Kenny Wallace, Ken Schraeder, and Jerry Nadeau (only hours before he was critically injured during practice at Richmond Motor Speedway sad.gif

Jessica was injured very badly....and it will take time for her to heal. Those casts on legs, ankle, foot, and arm won't likely come off for several more weeks. Imagine a young woman being in a serious car accident...my stepsister fractured a vertebra in her back, as well as her shoulder, arm, wrist, and several ribs when was was 20. It took several months for her to recover fully and return to work...and her legs weren't injured.

We don't know how much emotional and psychological damage was done to Jessica. The fact she can't remember her capture and imprisonment is a sign of serious emotional stress....she was trumatized beyond belief, and it will take lots of time for her to heal.

I honestly don't think many people realize just how badly Jessica was injured. Sure she's in good spirits...she's thankful to be alive.
That doesn't mean she isn't suffering nightmares, flashbacks, and fright....and unimaginable pain. Just think...she was captured six weeks ago today, and likely injured/ brutalized about the same time. She is still in great pain, still wearing casts almost from head to toe (which were set ONLY after she got to Germany on April 3rd--remember the story of her requesting pink casts?).

Jessica will not be ready for a press conference anytime soon. She won't be riding in any July 4th parades...at least not this summer. She has a lot of physical therapy ahead of her, may have to re-learn to walk again....may face years of counseling and therapy.

I don't blame Jessica's family for being protective of her....she isn't a Hollywood celebrity or pop music diva. Jessica is a humble young woman that only wanted to serve her country, see the world, and earn her college education...not be compared to Audie Murphy and Sgt York; not to be gawked at like Madonna and Cher, or harrassed by paparazzi like Britney Spears and Jackie Onassis.

Jessie Lynch deserves the very same respect and privacy as any private citizen in a hospital; the same respect and privacy as my family members (and yours) recieve when they are in the hospital.

#5 User is offline   bpgarr1 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2003 - 05:19 PM

Thanks Perry for the information. Sounds like she still has a long,long ways to go before she gets out of the hospital. Have been reading the posts as time permits trying to keep up with the story. Guess I need to do more reading though. Will look forword to more info from you as it appears that you have a inside track with her family. Thanks again..trakman biggrin.gif

#6 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2003 - 08:18 PM

I've actually only recieved one email from a close family member (that actually verified), but have quite a few friends in the military...a couple at the Pentagon, several others USAF officers (my first cousin is also a former USAF 1st Lt). I've also recieved several emails from friends...girls that went to high school with Jessica...they're info proved to be very reliable (I knew about Michael Waltrip visiting Jessica before it was reported by ESPN, but wasn't sure it was true....it was).

I thought all that mumbo-jumbo (i.e. Jessica is sleeping soundly without medication was bogus). My sister also has good nerve and great inner strength, and she suffered nightmares for years after being abused...which was actually minor compared to what happened to Pfc Lynch (sis only suffered one broken bone..a cracked wrist at age 16).

I think more news will be coming through the media in the coming days (like the NASCAR drivers visiting Jessica on Friday. She's getting better or that wouldn't have happened).

#7 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2003 - 08:38 PM

blink.gif She met Dale Jr, nows she really my hero. Well if she likes racing, when she recovers, shes got an open invitation to come on up to good ol New York to drive my backup car. biggrin.gif Heck whenever I usually let someone drive that car I get beat by it. Maybe thats a sign ph34r.gif!!!

I think that is so awesome, thought that she got to meet those guys.

AS well, this may sound kinda corney, but I have always had a superstition with my cars, that if they didnt have a name that they would be doomed to never run correctly, well again with her inspiration, my new car which had been deemed the "No Name Wonder" is now known to me as "Jessi-1". Opening night is tommorow, hopefully I can pull off an early season win! cool.gif

#8 Guest_Kicks_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 May 2003 - 11:46 AM

FASTALJR

Good Luck!!!! Go - Jessi - Go! biggrin.gif

Greg (aka "Kicks")
going for gold!

#9 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2003 - 01:59 PM

Best of luck FASTALJR.....stand on it son!!! smile.gif

Greg...best of luck to you. My sis and nephew are both taking karate lessons (sis intends to earn her black belt), and I'm very proud of them...and very proud of you and your kids smile.gif

God Bless,
Perry

#10 User is offline   fredlev 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2003 - 06:03 PM

I read somewhere that Jessica has something called "total global amnesia." I've never heard of this but what's important is that WRAMC has identified it...they know what it is and they know how to treat it. Obviously, Jessica will receive the best of all possible medical attention.

The downside is that it takes some time for one's memory to return. I don't know if a person's strong will, desire and determination can speed the process up? I assume it depends more on what the individuals mind is blocking (?).

#11 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2003 - 08:21 PM

Well I`m glad I named it after her, took down my first win of the 2003 Outdoor Season. May it be a small win in the spectrum of things, but I have to dedicate the first win of the season to her. Thanks Jessie!!!!!!!!!

THe invitation still stands, when ur on your feet give drop me a line and I`ll hook you up with a ride!!! As well as attend the FASTALJR School Of Driving. cool.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#12 Guest_Kicks_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 May 2003 - 09:13 PM

Hey FASTALJR, you stole my icon.. cool.gif , don't try and steal my girl now!! LOL

#13 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2003 - 10:22 PM

shes your girl huh???? biggrin.gif As for ur icon, lol, I got the glasses cool.gif .

#14 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 06 May 2003 - 10:04 PM

Question does anyone know where I can get an image of the army logo with the "army of one" attached to it, I have seen the acttual army logo with the star and the two squares. I however cant seem to find it anywhere?? ph34r.gif blink.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users