• You cannot reply to this topic

Desert Storm Pow Pics Cornum & Nealy

#1 User is offline   Soprano84 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:14 PM

Where DOES Matt find these pics?

"I found these pics of Doc Cornum and Melissa Rathbun-Nealy (now Melissa Coleman) on DOD's audio/visual archive site. (there's more pics there, no doubt, but you'd have to go there in person-it's at March AFB in Riverside IIRC) These pics were all taken in '91 after their release. One of Doc's pics is of her getting off the Red Cross MD-80 in Riyadh after the flight from Baghdad, the other is on a C-141 to Bahrain talking with an AF officer. The pics of Melissa are of her either in Jordan going to a C-141 to go to Bahrain, or on the -141.

I do wonder if Jessica has met either Doc Cornum or Melissa...Before Doc went to command the Landstuhl Hospital she was at the National War College in D.C. when Jessica first arrived at Walter Reed. I imagine a private meeting between two ex-POWs wouldn't have been difficult to arrange. Melissa lives in San Antonio-but I wonder if Jessi went there when she was doing her public speaking trips. Melissa did call Jessi's parents after the raid went down to offer advice and whatever else a fellow ex-POW could offer. Both got captured under nearly identical circumstances (getting lost in the desert and wandering into an enemy-controlled town). "

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic