Jessica Lynch Forums: Father of Jessica Lynch shares initial doubt - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Father of Jessica Lynch shares initial doubt

#1 User is offline   scanner2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 April 2003 - 10:28 AM

By The Associated Press

(Grand Rapids, April 2, 2003, 3:08 p.m.) "I thought at first it was an April Fools joke." Greg Lynch Sr., when he learned April 1 that his daughter, 19-year-old Army Pfc. Jessica Lynch, had been rescued after more than a week in captivity in Iraq.

"It gives me hope." Jack Dowdy, father of missing Master Sgt. Robert J. Dowdy, 38, of Cleveland, after Lynch was rescued. "Fight them so that Iraq, the bastion of religion and principles, will be secured and our (Islamic) nation will come out of this crisis glorious." statement allegedly from Saddam Hussein, read by a news anchor on Iraqi state television.

"This regime is firing from within a mosque, something that has no military value, and should be protected by them, but instead it is being protected by us," Brig. Gen. Vincent Brooks, who said Iraqi forces had taken up position in the Ali Mosque in Najaf, one of the world's most important Shiite shrines. Brooks said coalition forces refused to return fire. "Every day it was a question of, are they going to kill me or are they just going to ask me more questions?" Molly Bingham, 34, a freelance photographer from Louisville, Ky., one of four journalists freed after being held for a week in Iraq's most notorious prison.

"We were thinking these Americans want us to be safe." Bakhat Hassan, 35, who said his family failed to stop their van at an American checkpoint Monday because they thought an air-dropped leaflet had advised them to flee for safety. U.S. troops opened fire and Hassan said 11 of his relatives were killed. "I just prayed for God to give me strength." Army Spc.Richard Hughes, of the 4th Infantry Division, after saying goodbye to his four children and his pregnant wife at Fort Hood, Texas, just before shipping out.

"I got the ambulance and sent her to the battalion aid station and delivered a healthy baby girl and named her 'America.' It was a pretty cool way to start the day." Navy Hospital man First Class Kyle Morris, 39, of San Clemente, Calif., about helping an Iraqi woman give birth.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Regards,

Scott Drake
Webmaster

USDCServers.net We give you a solution, Not just a Plan! We have Ensim cPanel and Plesk Dedicated Servers Available!

<!--sizeo:2--><!--/sizeo-->Need to Register a Domain Name at a Low Price or in Need of SSL Certificates at Low Prices, Click Here

Need a Web Site? We Can Help there too, Just Click Here for more information<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

IPB Image
2008 MS Walk, if you would like to Donate just click on this link

Marines In The Garden Of Eden, The first book to tell the entire story

IPB Image
Marines in the Garden of Eden

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users