• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Song About Jessica Lynch a song dedicated to Jessi Lynch

#1 User is offline   strawberryaw 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 May 2003 - 02:42 AM

Steve Witt's Country Music Page
I recently finished recording a song about Jessica Lynch. You can hear the complete song on mp3. She has been a great inspiration to us all. I would like to dedicate this song to her, The Ballad of Private Jessi Lynch. Feel free to drop me a line to let me know what you think of the song. Thanks. -Steve

#2 Guest_prayers_from_wirt_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 June 2003 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (spwitt @ May 21 2003, 02:42 AM)
I recently finished recording a song about Jessica Lynch. You can hear the complete song on mp3. She has been a great inspiration to us all. I would like to dedicate this song to her, The Ballad of Private Jessi Lynch. Feel free to drop me a line to let me know what you think of the song. Thanks. -Steve

Steve,
I just love your song. It's Wirt County's type of music!
I really like the chopper lead in!
My sis-in-law thinks it's fabulous also(she doesn't do the tech thing, so I had her come and listen to it!).
biggrin.gif

#3 User is offline   atomeye 

• Pip

Posted 06 June 2003 - 04:40 AM

well

#4 User is offline   bgs 

• Pip

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:24 PM

It was alright but I didn't like as much as I liked Eric Horner's song. It was to country. Keep up the Good work biggrin.gif .

Thanks and God Bless,
Candice Malone 12y/o

#5 User is offline   strawberryaw 

• Pip

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:09 PM

Thank you all very much for your remarks and for listening to my song. The Jessica Lynch Forum is a great place to express our feelings about the extraordinary events that occurred just a few weeks ago. I have followed with great interest the different topics and discussions which have been posted here. I have also marveled at the dedication that some of you have had in keeping us posted about the latest news. The poems have been great. Of course we can't forget about Eric Horner's great song. "She is a Hero." If Jessica has been well enough to visit the Jessica Lynch forum, she must be very proud that she has so many caring well wishers. As for my song, I wanted to tell the story of Jessica's rescue using simple words to describe the events. In short a ballad. It took about three weeks to write and I recorded each track playing different instruments to come up with the finished song. It was a lot of hard work but it was something I wanted to express. We are so fortunate to have so many brave young soldiers who are willing to fight for our freedom. Jessica is a shining example. Steve

#6 Guest_Jessicafan_*

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:13 PM

She truly is a hero, We all love you jessica

God bless Jessica and her Family,
Matt Morales, 15 y/o, Texas

#7 User is offline   strawberryaw 

• Pip

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:40 PM

I was told by some of my friends that they were unable to download "The Ballad of Private Jessi Lynch"if using dial up internet providers. As a member of this forum I want to be sure everyone has a chance to hear the song. So if you send me your address by email I would be happy to send you a CD copy of the song at my expense. I'll keep sending them out as long as I can burn copies. So everyone have a good day and may Jessica recover soon. Steve

#8 Guest_Just Me_*

Posted 24 June 2003 - 10:57 AM

Steve, I love your song. The lyrics are great and tune is very nice also. Thanks for taking the time to write and record this tribute to “our” Jessie. Sure hope she gets to hear it soon if she has not already. Best wishes to you Steve.

#9 Guest_JessicaL03_*

Posted 05 July 2003 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (spwitt @ May 21 2003, 02:42 AM)

ohmy.gif sad.gif unsure.gif I 've tryed to listen a couple times but it won't open up for me. Is there anyway I can purchase the song I'd really like to hear it . I am also very interested in anything having to do with Our American Angel. Thanks

#10 User is offline   strawberryaw 

• Pip

Posted 07 July 2003 - 04:26 PM

Hi JessicaLO3,
Thanks for your interest in the song. Sorry you couldn't download it. I've heard some people have had problems if they have a dial up server. I would be happy to send you a copy of the CD at my expense. Just email me your address and I'll send you a copy. I will also do the same for anyone else who wants a copy. Looking forward to Jessica's return home. Steve

#11 Guest_GIJoe_*

Posted 10 August 2003 - 02:57 PM

Hi Steve,
I listened to your ballad, "The Ballad of Private Jessi Lynch." The words of the song describe the events so well. I enjoyed especially the sound of the helicopter in the backround. Thanks for making this song available to us. I hope if Jessica hasn't already heard it she will sometime soon.

#12 User is offline   Sea-Wolf 

• Pip

Posted 30 August 2003 - 11:14 AM

Hey everyone:

Check out my tribute to Jessica.

Jessica-Lynch.US

I've posted this here before but recently I added a very awesome flash animation and some brand new pictures.

It'll take a few mins for the flash thing to load but it'll be worth the wait, I promise!

God bless,

Mike

#13 User is offline   mstrunn55 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:44 PM

Steve, what a great song, I downloaded it with no problem, the words told the story and the chopper in the background made for a great touch, excellent, Jessi I'm sure would be proud of it, just like we are of her, thanks again. biggrin.gif

#14 User is offline   gijoe 

• Pip

Posted 04 October 2003 - 11:03 PM

Hi Steve,
I see your website no longer shows up on the screen because there have been no
recent replies. We like your song so much we would like to see it back up. I know
Jessica has not been in the news lately but she will be sure to back in the news
when her book and inteviews come out in November. Good luck with your song!
GI Joe

#15 User is offline   spwitt 

• Pip

Posted 03 November 2003 - 12:51 AM

Eric Horner recently posted the lyrics to his song "She is a Hero." I thought that was a very nice touch so I thought I would do the same. Below are the lyrics to "The Ballad of Private Jessi Lynch."

The Ballad of Private Jessie Lynch

Choppers commin’ in low
Special forces on the go

They’ve got a mission to complete
And they’re ready for anything they might meet

Got word from an Iraqi man
Took his life into his own hands
Said a U.S. soldier could be found
In a hospital near the battleground

Name of Private Jessie Lynch

Her unit took a wrong turn
Got ambushed fore they could return
U.S. soldiers fought and died
Back home their families cried

She’s a West Virginia country girl
Got caught up in this dangerous world
So Jessie always keep in mind
You’ll never be left behind

Private Jessie Lynch

They’re American soldiers (Bridge)
Doin’ what they’re trained to do
They’re fightin’ for our way of life
And the Red White and Blue

On board and headin’ home
They’re with you now and won’t leave you alone
Heroes come in many forms
Some civilian some wear uniforms

She’s a West Virginia country girl
Got caught up in this dangerous world

Private Jessie Lynch

Jessie put it all on the line
She’ll be remembered for a long, long time

Private Jessie Lynch

You can hear the entire song at stevewitt.com
If you are unable to hear the song on line I would be happy to send you a copy at my expense. Just send me your address and I'll send you a CD for free.
Lyrics by: Steve Witt
spwitt@comcast.net
Copyright 2003

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users