Jessica Lynch Forums: Reports From Jessi's Doctor From Today Show - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reports From Jessi's Doctor From Today Show

#1 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2003 - 06:27 AM

Great news!
Today show interviewed Jessi's Doctor from WR Army Hospital and she is making remarkable progress. She can take a few steps forward and backwards with a walker. She had fractures in upper right arm, upper and lower left leg, right foot, head lasceration and several fractures in her back as well as a fractured shoulder blade and ribs. (She is one tough young woman). She undergoes Occupational and Physical therapy twice a day and is progressing well. No word on when she might be released, but she is determined and has a positive attitude. She has set goals for what she wants to accomplish and is meeting those goals. Her progress is excellent because of her positive attitude. They also interviewed Greg Jr. at Fort Brag and he also said she is doing fine. He will try to drive up in a couple of weeks to see her again.
I'm so glad to hear that she is making such wonderful progress. She deserves all the happiness she can get!!

fixitmhn

#2 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2003 - 06:37 AM

Forgot to add to my previous post that she doesn't have amnesia. They said that amnesia is forgetting an event, but she has no recolection or memories of the events after the ambush until she woke up in the hospital in Iraq. Whether memories would return later they don't know, but stressed she had no memories at all of the events.

#3 Guest_Kicks_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 May 2003 - 06:58 AM

That is very encouraging news. I don't think many of us here had any doubts about her commitment to recovery. With the support of family and friends she can go a long way.

My faith in her commitment comes not only from faith in God's healing hand but in the gifts God has already given Jessica. Each of us has special gifts. I can't carry a tune to save my life (not even if you gave it to me in a bucket) but others have the gift of song. Some can play instruments, or paint a beautiful picture, or build a beautiful structure. While I can't figure out how to put a man in space, I can kick him hard enough so he'll see stars (LOL). My point is we all have special gifts from God.

Jessica has been given some gifts I can relate to. She is a competitor. She has played sports all her life and gave it her all and had a great attitude. It was not beneath her to "always help with equipment for softball games." She competed in a beauty pageant and her positive attitude and spirit won her Miss Congeniality. A former teacher said "I never remember her ever saying a negative word about anybody." She was also very competitive with her older brother. Her father said Jessica would never let her brother outdo her at anything. "She just re-signed up for four more years, just like her brother."

It's that competitive spirit and positive attitude that God has given her that is seeing Jessica through this time of healing and therapy. It is by our prayers that God sends his spirit to Jessica to keep her strong in her faith and knowing that she can prevail. This will be another victory in this young champion's life.

Jessi: "Just Do It", "Be Like Mike", "Do it for the Gipper", "Quench your Thirst", etc…

Greg
Going for gold!

#4 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2003 - 07:02 AM

Kicks,

Well said and AMEN to that!

#5 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2003 - 07:26 AM

Nice to hear, very nice to hear, GO!! for it Jessi!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

#6 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2003 - 10:23 AM

fraud,
If you read ALL the reports you would have seen that some of the doctors and nurses said she was repeatedly beaten by the Iraqi guards. One nurse said there was no blood, and another said she required transfusions. To me that says she was in danger. Get your facts straight. We may never know the full story until Jessica tells it, if she ever remembers what happenned!

#7 User is offline   missoula 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:17 PM

fixithmn,

in your last post..who were you talking to? Didn't you start this thread?

#8 Guest_hols_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:21 PM

Not that it matters to me how she was injured because it doesn't. But i think most reports imply that she was tortured but can't remeber it. If you read the articles from today they say the last thing she remebers is an rpg hitting the vehicle she was riding in and then they go on to say that she somehow got her injuries after that event. I am sure the doctors have a pretty good idea how she got them and it sounds like to me they think she was torture. Which is really sick i think it is a good thing that she does not remeber what happened if you ask me. sad.gif dry.gif rolleyes.gif cool.gif

#9 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:38 PM

joseph,
I was replying to a member named fraud. It was a very negative reply to my thread, and I think that scanner may have deleted it. I hope it was him as he monitored this thread. That's who I was replying to.

fixitmhn

#10 User is offline   david_2000_13206 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2003 - 04:46 AM

A similar story from the New York Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/...22p-75207c.html

Some excerpts:

Lynch wants everyone to know that she's "the same Jessi," Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington said in a statement.
"'I don't want people to think I can't remember things,'" Lynch was quoted as saying.

If these are direct quotes, they are the first from Jessica herself to be published.

The full article:

New York Daily News - Jessica may never
recall Iraqi horror
By DEREK ROSE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Friday, May 9th, 2003
Jessica Lynch will probably never remember details of the bloody ambush that killed 11 other soldiers, her doctors said yesterday.
The 20-year-old Army private recalls a rocket-propelled grenade hitting her truck March 23 - and then waking up in an Iraqi hospital.
Lynch was held in the hospital for nine days until her dramatic rescue by Special Forces troops. It's not clear how much of that time is lost to her.
Her injuries included two broken legs and head wounds. An Iraqi who helped in her rescue said he was moved after seeing her slapped across the face by a captor.
After debriefings and mental health evaluations, doctors have concluded that Lynch may never regain the missing memories. That's a blow to military officials hoping to press war crimes charges against Iraqis who may have tortured her and executed others in her convoy near Nassiriya.
But Lynch wants everyone to know that she's "the same Jessi," Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington said in a statement.
"'I don't want people to think I can't remember things,'" Lynch was quoted as saying.
Doctors say memory loss can follow trauma - physical or psychological.
"Her head may have hit the dashboard, or something may have hit her head," said Howard Berkowitz, a psychologist at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn.
But he said Lynch also could be blocking out the memories as a coping mechanism.
Physically, America's most famous private is making steady progress, although she still can't stand on her own, doctors said.
"Her attitude is terrific," Dr. Greg Argyros, head of her treatment team, told NBC's "Today" show. "She is a resilient young woman."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users