Jessica Lynch Forums: Very Important Information... - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Very Important Information... I may have been duped....please read.

#1 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 29 April 2003 - 11:54 PM

Folks, I sadly learned earlier this evening that some of the information regarding Jessica and her recovery I've posted the past three weeks here may not be accurate; that two people that claimed to be relatives of Jessica; and two others that claimed to be friends of Jessica's mother likely aren't legitimate....that I was duped. They seemed very believable (seemed to know the family very well), but I was wrong to post anything they said in emails as fact.

I'm truly sorry for being so gullible...and offer my humble apologies to anyone offended by my posts; especially to Jessica and her family. The last thing I ever want to do is cause them any pain or grief.
Jessica served her country with pride and honor...and deserves far better than having false information posted about her here or anywhere.

I take full responsibility for what occurred, and will no longer post anything I recieve via e-mail (unless it can be verified as legitimate and authorized by the Lynch family).

Thanks and God Bless You,
Perry

#2 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:43 AM

*pats Perry on the back.

its ok, there are truly some sick people out there, and its not only a dig at us, but its a dig at Jessi herself. People are getting our hopes up, and then to find out its not true.

Jessi we all await your return home, and your appearence here.
Get well soon Jessi!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif wub.gif

#3 User is offline   carolemac 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for the honesty and apology. I accept it. Have you any contact with actual family members or close family friends at all?

Phntmstrngr

#4 User is offline   ARH_3 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:01 AM

No need to apologize, Perry... you've been one of the most helpful and supportive people around here. Your intentions are good and that's all that matters. Take care~
TB

#5 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:09 AM

Don't take it to heart Perry. There are a lot of sick people out there that are only out for their five minutes of fame. You are doing a great job.

fixitmhn

#6 User is offline   Penny/Don 

• Pip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:43 AM

Guys, I don't think it was a case of anyone being sick....I traced the email IP's (before posting anything), and they were all from Wirt County, WV.

It was more a case of people misrepresenting themselves as closer friends and relatives than reality. The lady that claimed to be Dee's "close friend" was more likely someone that knows them, and passed along unreliable gossip she heard from her friends (or in the beauty parlor) as the truth from Dee Lynch.

I'm sure the two cousins are distant cousins--very distant. I can say truthfully that I'm country superstar Alan Jackson's cousin...his 8th cousin, and I've never met him in my life (did recieve a nice email couple weeks ago from his fan club president Cindy Hart). I have third cousins I've NEVER met (in Illinois, Ohio); and two second cousins in Southern California I've NEVER met --we exchange Christmas cards and a phone call or email once in a while.

For me to email someone and claim I'm Alan Jackson's cousin and pass on information about him as gospel truth is wrong. I know Eric and Debby Horner too (for less than a week)...if I emailed someone and claimed to be Eric's close friend, a lifelong friend of him, I would be wrong.

That's what was done to me...and because the IP's were from Wirt county, WV I bought it hook, line, and sinker..and feel terrible about it sad.gif

Thanks for the kind words of support folks...it means a lot to me smile.gif

God Bless,
Perry

#7 User is offline   rebel21 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for the update Perry. You're still doing a great job. Keep the info coming.

Marvin (fixitmhn) Novick

#8 User is offline   iron-bound 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:35 PM

I'm automatically skeptical of pretty much everything I hear, especially if it comes over the internet. Doesn't mean I deny it right away, just that I view it all objectively.

Don't worry about it, though. If I had received emails from Wirt county, I would have probably considered them reliable as well. It just illustrates that it's not a good idea to take anything at face value.

Speaking of distant cousins, it turns out my father works with one of Jessica's 3rd cousins. That's so distant it doesn't mean anything, but it's worth mentioning.

#9 User is offline   cody evans 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2003 - 07:36 PM

Cheer up Mr. Williams. One piece of news I see off the internet is:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Local company build connection to Pfc. Jessica Lynch's home

On April 13, two fully equipped Ervin Cable Construction crews rolled out of Sturgis and headed for West Virginia. The local company assisted Charter Communications by donating labor to construct a 24-mile fiber optic cable extension to former POW Pfc. Jessica Lynch's home outside of Palestine, W.Va.
The crew was led by Project Manager Scot Sherman and consisted of Bill Chubb, Troy Hall, Clarence Smith, Adam Davis, Dave Breeze, Josh Choate and James Keown. Some of the construction took place in the rugged hills common to West Virginia--accessible only by ATV. Construction on the cable line was completed within a week.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would hazard a guess that this cable connection will include a high speed internet connection. She will be able to see your fine website. wink.gif

#10 User is offline   juergen 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:41 PM

Thats sounds good to me!!!! biggrin.gif Perry dont worry, she will forgive you I`m sure!!! biggrin.gif

*Sigh* aslo Perry the design is complete, its locked tightly in my head, just waiting for my canvases to get here. cool.gif

#11 User is offline   scanner2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:09 PM

Perry I wouldn't worry about it too much, but like I said to you in email I take most emails that I am sent as the WebMaster/Host of this site with a grain of salt. I receive hundreds of them and respond to most and when I can not even get a simple answer to some questions I ask I just disregard those messages. Take the user Observer for instance, his has used atleast 2 different Internet Providers to log on and post messages. One AOL Connection and one Comcast connection out of Maryland, he makes it sound like he's in the know but until I see some proof I think he is just reading different news reports and making up his own stories and dragging people into them.

Scott Drake
WebMaster
http://www.jessica-lynch.com
http://www.pfcjessicalynch.us
http://www.welcomehomejessica.com
http://www.americasbravest.us
Regards,

Scott Drake
Webmaster

USDCServers.net We give you a solution, Not just a Plan! We have Ensim cPanel and Plesk Dedicated Servers Available!

<!--sizeo:2--><!--/sizeo-->Need to Register a Domain Name at a Low Price or in Need of SSL Certificates at Low Prices, Click Here

Need a Web Site? We Can Help there too, Just Click Here for more information<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

IPB Image
2008 MS Walk, if you would like to Donate just click on this link

Marines In The Garden Of Eden, The first book to tell the entire story

IPB Image
Marines in the Garden of Eden

#12 User is offline   patriot82 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:11 PM

Scanner: I have yet to see where Observer has made it sound like he is "in the know" as to anything. His claim has been to refute the allegations that have been ascribed to Miss Lynch without more evidence being placed forward. That isn't a claim to knowledge, it's a note of caution.

It is also in tremendously bad form in a bulletin board format as a Moderator to place forth a poster's area of posting.

#13 User is offline   atomeye 

• Pip

Posted 01 May 2003 - 03:13 AM

ok, thank you to warn us

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users