• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jessica Is Coming To My Area, :)

#1 User is offline   mstrunn55 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:57 PM

Hi everyone, FYI, Jessica Lynch is coming to my area, yes that's correct, on August 4, she will be given an award for her community work by Teresian House, they help the elderly find residences. She is going to be in Saratoga Springs, NY between 5:30PM and 8:30PM, open bar and buffet, some local and national dignataries will also be there; ie, Rick Patino , jockey Jerry Bailey, and socialite Mary Lou Whitney. I cannot believe it, I am finally going to meet her. I spoke to the person who booked Jessi and she told me that I can bring my Jessica Lynch book and have it signed and can even chat for a few minutes. Wow, I hope I don't stumble over my words and let my emotions get in the way, there is sooooo much I want to say to her, I want to tell her that she has been an inspiration by the way she has given back to the community, I want to mention her Foundation and Operation Purple and how magnamous it is of her the way she has honored Lori's memory, and also thank her for serving to help protect my freedom, I can't wait and I wanted to tell you about this event, if anyone reads this who lives in the Northeast and would like to attend please PM me and I will give full details. I'm hoping to bring a camera, I just hope I can get a couple of minutes with her, even one minute, smile.gif

Gary smile.gif

#2 User is offline   Dilligafst 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:29 PM

Hey Mstrunn:

Saratoga is not that far from Montpelier, I think. Just a couple of hours away. What day is the fourth? Alas, not sure if I can come, because of work, but am not sure what I would ask her if ever I had the chance to chat with her. I think I would start way back, back when I lived in the Middle East, back when I saw those things that she was up against and then work with how she won a victory has yet to get credit for, and how she has won since then.

But, you know what, I'll probably just hug her:)

#3 User is offline   mainzman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

Mstrunn,

August 4th is on a Thursday. I had the chance to speak to Jessica briefly at last years fair. Maybe you'll get a chance to get a picture taken with her. When I saw her at last years fair, Jessica and her family were very gracious about allowing me to have a picture taken with her. Have a good time at the awards ceremony.

#4 User is offline   Dilligafst 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:17 PM

Hey Mainzman:)

Thanks:) I remember you meeting her and the picture you had with her. I am not sure yet whether I can make it --schedule conflicts and all of that stuff -- but will see what I can do. Saratoga Springs is about two hours or so away from me on the New York side of Lake Champlain, and much closer for Mstrunn. This is the closest we'll get to seeing her for real. But, alas, I don't know yet:(

#5 User is offline   AndyW8 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:21 AM

msstrunn55

You guys are lucky to get the chance to meet Jessica I don't suppose we will ever see her on this side of the pond. I look forward to reading the update after 4th August.

Cheers

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users