Jessica Lynch Forums: Memorial Day Tribute To Spc Lori Piestewa - Jessica Lynch Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Memorial Day Tribute To Spc Lori Piestewa Women's Memorial exhibit and tribute

#1 Guest_patience2_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 August 2003 - 11:49 AM

The following web page accesses the" Women in Service for America Memorial Foundation's" tribute to SPC Lori Piestewa. To access the special tribute, scroll to the bottom of "Exhibit Highlights" and click "Read more about Lori Piestewa".

My Webpage

I'm including a quote from the text of PFC Jessica Lynch's homecoming remarks, July 22, 2003.

"I'm happy that some of the soldiers I served with made it home alive and it hurts that some of my company didn't. Most of all, I miss Lori Piestewa. She was my best friend. She fought beside me and it was an honor to have served with her".

#2 Guest_Stardust920_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:03 AM

i saw that exhibit when i went to Washington D.C. and it was really cool. Thou it was kindof werid seeing her uniform just there in glass. When i first saw it i thought "Wow" and " Lori was Jessica`s best friend... WOW. as you can tell i was really shocked to see it but it also gave me a better undestanding of Women in the Millitary.

#3 User is offline   Dreampoet72 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 August 2003 - 05:56 AM

That's a touching tribute to Lori & the other servicewomen. I bookmarked the link, so I could go back later & read more. My thoughts & prayers go out to Lori's family & friends & to all of the other servicewomen & servicemen & their families.

From reading about Jessica, I know she & Lori was best friends & comrades in combat. A tear comes to my eye when I think what Jessica must be going through as she recuperates from her injuries & surgeries while thinking about Lori & her fellow comrades who was killed in action.
I've had surgeries & lost persons who I cared about right before & also right after I had surgeries. Believe me, it makes the healing process a lot harder to deal with & makes the recuperation take longer. So what I'm trying to say is, Jessica if you get a chance to read this: I know it's hard dealing with the traumas, surgeries, & the death of your friends & comrades. But from one survivor to another Jessica, you can overcome it. It'll take a while to get over it, but you'll be able too.

Jessica, I know you miss your friend Lori & your other friends & comrades. But just remeber Jessica, as long you keep their memories in your heart. Then they're not really gone, because you have the memories of the good times you & them had & shared.

#4 User is offline   patience2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 01 September 2003 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Dreampoet72 @ Aug 30 2003, 05:56 AM)
That's a touching tribute to Lori & the other servicewomen. I bookmarked the link, so I could go back later & read more.

Here's a more direct link to the memorial, but don't lose the one you bookmarked. It can be stressful trying to find it again. ohmy.gif It also contains alot more information about the memorial.

My Webpage

Of interest:

The museum has a computerized interactive database containing a permanent record of the member's military service, photos, citations and other pertinent information. Visitors to the museum can access this info.
If/when Jessica has her information submitted, this will be one more opportunity for everyone to see her gracious and heartwarming smile.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users